SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Early Departures

scpa0305

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Turcotte from UW has signed. Definitely looks as though he could have played another year. Heard UW was a sh!t show this year though.

Makes you wonder if others will soon follow suit. Caulfield, Miller, etc... 

15 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Turcotte from UW has signed. Definitely looks as though he could have played another year. Heard UW was a sh!t show this year though.

HEARD?  That whole team absolutely QUIT halfway thru that 9-1 loss at Ohio State last weekend.  Hard to play hockey with a pen and NHL contract occupying space in your jock strap! 

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

HEARD?  That whole team absolutely QUIT halfway thru that 9-1 loss at Ohio State last weekend.  Hard to play hockey with a pen and NHL contract occupying space in your jock strap! 

That article shocked me to see the NHL involvement in the day to day and week to week of their lives.

Is that the norm? I dont think ive heard that out of UND. 

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Can someone sum up the article? 

Here's a decent one not behind a paywall.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/college/hockey/arrival-of-high-end-talent-didn-t-lead-to-success/article_030a4aab-f94b-5a58-813d-c58127cb4481.html

My takeaway:  they didn't play good enough defense, and their goaltending wasn't good enough either.   Two new goalies coming in, and I suppose a revolving door of high end offensive talent to replace what's going to leave.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

As much as they are our rivals, sad to see Minnesota and Wisconsin in disarray with hockey.  They are two proud programs.  College hockey as whole needs good Minnesota and Wisconsin teams.

I wouldn’t call a certain team proud that likes to dive but that’s just my opinion 

44 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I saw Wisconsin dismantle Duluth early in the season. I’m surprised by their season.

Duluth, didn't really have a good start to the season. They progressively got better as the season went on.

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Tyler Nanne done at Minnesota - for all the griping from Gopher fans about 24 year old Canadian kids on North Dakota’s roster...

I believe he got pretty sick in one of his early years of college and that through everything off.