SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

6 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Some of the "non peer reviewed" stories and reports are pretty telling. many reports showing that among people who died with Covid or from Covid are really struggled with recovering show that anywhere from 85-92% of these people had one thing in common and that was they were deficient in Vitamin D.

Covid cases are on the rise.

Days are getting shorter (and have since June 21). 

When your skin is exposed to sunlight, it makes vitamin D from cholesterol. The sun's ultraviolet B (UVB) rays hit cholesterol in the skin cells, providing the energy for vitamin D synthesis to occur. 

Vitamin D is a key to supporting a healthy immune system. 

Hmmm ... must all be coincidence. ;) 

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

IMHO Republicans would trade losing the White House with the squad being voted out.  

I also believe many moderate Democrats privately would love to see them out of office. 

And there is no shortage of Republicans who are happy to see Trump out of office as well, regardless of winning or losing house races (but retaining Senate majority)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Covid cases are on the rise.

Days are getting shorter (and have since June 21). 

When your skin is exposed to sunlight, it makes vitamin D from cholesterol. The sun's ultraviolet B (UVB) rays hit cholesterol in the skin cells, providing the energy for vitamin D synthesis to occur. 

Vitamin D is a key to supporting a healthy immune system. 

Hmmm ... must all be coincidence. ;) 

A years supply is about $20-$25.

If it was a prescription that people could make money off of, it would be all over the news.

Ok Rudy is scaring me now.

I have said many times I thought Trump was a danger to checks and balances and really to our democracy. Pretty dramatic I know. Enough concern that I went with Biden and then all Republican.

In my case, it wasn’t my hate of Trump but he really scares me. Seeing what he is doing now just confirms my fear. Uff da

I know this isn’t the popular opinion here.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I have said many times I thought Trump was a danger to checks and balances and really to our democracy. Pretty dramatic I know. Enough concern that I went with Biden and then all Republican.

In my case, it wasn’t my hate of Trump but he really scares me. Seeing what he is doing now just confirms my fear. Uff da

Just playing devils advocate here, as I have the same information you have. What if they are justified in their battle that seems to scare you? What if they are revealing some serious cheating and corruption? Isn’t that a good thing?

15 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

You're going to be OK.  Whatever he does will not affect your life in any way possible.  :silly:

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

What’s more astonishing is people who don’t see that as a rebuke of democratic policy and see this election as a sign that the GOP is out of touch.

I agree fully with this, which is why I've stated multiple times R's should be fine with a short-term loss in the WH to gain even more seats in the House in 2022 mid-terms and have an excellent shot to take the WH back in 2024 (assuming they don't absolutely drop the ball on a candidate like both parties have the last two elections). It gives them a change to reset and put forth a quality candidate that can unite their base and bring in more independents. The D's have their far-left wing screaming at Biden already which is going to cause internal issues and turn off independents.

That being said, I think this shows even further that there was not the massive voter fraud that is being claimed. If you're going to smart and bold enough to cheat in one race, why not bolster your ranks in the Senate and House as well and make it worth your while.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

IMHO Republicans would trade losing the White House with the squad being voted out.  

I also believe many moderate Democrats privately would love to see them out of office. 

The Squad is the best thing to happen to the Republican party in some time.

They are easy villains to tie Dem candidates to. Moderate Dems are not happy about getting associated with their platform. Its like Moderate GOP guys back when the Tea Party was in full swing. Hard to escape.

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I agree fully with this, which is why I've stated multiple times R's should be fine with a short-term loss in the WH to gain even more seats in the House in 2022 mid-terms and have an excellent shot to take the WH back in 2024 (assuming they don't absolutely drop the ball on a candidate like both parties have the last two elections). It gives them a change to reset and put forth a quality candidate that can unite their base and bring in more independents. The D's have their far-left wing screaming at Biden already which is going to cause internal issues and turn off independents.

That being said, I think this shows even further that there was not the massive voter fraud that is being claimed. If you're going to smart and bold enough to cheat in one race, why not bolster your ranks in the Senate and House as well and make it worth your while.

Yep.  While there are always irregularities, I don't think that there is anything out there that will make a difference.  The fringe groups on the D side are going to drive Biden nuts I think, so we'll see what happens.  

As it relates to the short term loss, I like a good chunk of what Trump has done, but his constant outlandish claims really is a turn off.  I think he actually would have been more effective as president if he had done the exact same thing as it relates to policy, but shut up everywhere else.  But as long as the Senate stays red I'm fine with Trump losing, although I fear he'll run again in 2024.  

Although, if the Senate stays red and the House turns red in 2022, I'd prefer a red president and one of the chambers turning back blue in 2024.  I just prefer not all branches the same - although I'd love if that meant that they actually had to work together.  I'm no fan of one side just being able to ram everything and anything through......

21 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I agree with you, but the optics of these huge blocks of votes coming in from Philly, Detroit, and Atlanta during the witching hour are atrocious.   Take a lesson from Florida and just count the damn votes, as soon as you can.   

Edit: ...and Milwaukee.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Yep.  While there are always irregularities, I don't think that there is anything out there that will make a difference.  The fringe groups on the D side are going to drive Biden nuts I think, so we'll see what happens.  

As it relates to the short term loss, I like a good chunk of what Trump has done, but his constant outlandish claims really is a turn off.  I think he actually would have been more effective as president if he had done the exact same thing as it relates to policy, but shut up everywhere else.  But as long as the Senate stays red I'm fine with Trump losing, although I fear he'll run again in 2024.  

Although, if the Senate stays red and the House turns red in 2022, I'd prefer a red president and one of the chambers turning back blue in 2024.  I just prefer not all branches the same - although I'd love if that meant that they actually had to work together.  I'm no fan of one side just being able to ram everything and anything through......

Agree with this somewhat. The difference is one party would ram everything through while the other party will cower to pressure and ridiculous hyperbole and not follow through despite running on those very issues and getting elected because of what they ran on......this is how they created the opportunity for Trump in 2016. If the Republican party had any leadership with a set Trump would have never got any traction.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What should be a red flag for everyone is when they didn't allow the poll watchers to verify the ballots.  And by verify I mean to actually see the ballot not just being in the room.  And why did they stop counting Tuesday night in all the swing states?

• Upvote 2

I’ve sort of taken the approach that if there is something real in terms of fraud, it will be big enough news that I’ll hear about it. With that, I haven’t followed the day to day with all of the fraud allegations. Is anything that was said today a “game changer”?

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’ve sort of taken the approach that if there is something real in terms of fraud, it will be big enough news that I’ll hear about it. With that, I haven’t followed the day to day with all of the fraud allegations. Is anything that was said today a “game changer”?

Not that I'm aware of. Yet some people continue to follow along thinking "oh just wait we got 'em right where we want them!" Turn off the OAN and quit following Ryan Fournier or whomever on twitter/Facebook.

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

They'd better have something on the Dominion machines, otherwise it looks like Trump is out of moves.   

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

We found out that Cuba, likely China, Chavez (dead seven years now) from Venezuela, Soros, and the  Clinton Foundation were all involved with massive fraud.

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We found out that Cuba, likely China, Chavez (dead seven years now) from Venezuela, Soros, and the  Clinton Foundation were all involved with massive fraud.

Well it is kind of like watching House of Cards.....i would pause the show and ask myself if I could see the Clinton's doing that? Yep, hit play and continue.???

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Well it is kind of like watching House of Cards.....i would pause the show and ask myself if I could see the Clinton's doing that? Yep, hit play and continue.???

Claire Underwood is Hilary with an exercise regimen.    

2 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Not that I'm aware of. Yet some people continue to follow along thinking "oh just wait we got 'em right where we want them!" Turn off the OAN and quit following Ryan Fournier or whomever on twitter/Facebook.

2 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

They'd better have something on the Dominion machines, otherwise it looks like Trump is out of moves.   

The point is to whip up chaos, drag this on forever, and sow enough doubt in the populace whereby Trump can claim victory in defeat.  It's Trump's time-tested playbook going back to his real estate days.  This will serve him well moving forward.        

The GOP knows it's not overturning the election.   That Rudy is now heading the legal team is a good indication that everything is about PR now.     

https://www.ft.com/content/74d8a848-4dad-4017-9226-5deb0a005045

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Not that I'm aware of. Yet some people continue to follow along thinking "oh just wait we got 'em right where we want them!" Turn off the OAN and quit following Ryan Fournier or whomever on twitter/Facebook Parler/MeWe

Fixed your post.  :whistling:

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

What IS concerning from a democracy standpoint is Trump is now personally inserting himself into on-the-ground state/county certification processes.   Trump is directly calling officials who oversee results, inviting them to the WH, etc.       

Could you imagine the outrage in Grand Forks if Obama personally called an election official who, afterwards, rescinded his/her vote to certify results?  I mean Jesus H. Christ.    This is way, way beyond acceptable practice.     

• Upvote 2

Make a decision and be confident with it.  Changes his tune on everything or is a puppet for the flavor of the day   Guy will get pushed around

August- “I will shut it down” 

November- “I will not shut it down period”

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-election-2020-race-and-ethnicity-health-politics-a409028572b31ff1e1b198724a449c0f

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-says-not-pursue-national-223200519.html