SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

In this country one person dies every 36 seconds due to cardiovascular disease. Do the math on those death numbers per year. BTW that's  from...not with.

Source......wait for it..........the CDC (09/08/2020)

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

No less than 64% of ND COVID deaths are people who had exceeded US average life expectancy. 

Yes, 506 of 785 ND deaths are in the age 80+ age group. 

This virus is picking off the most frail. 

The average age of Covid Deaths is over the average age of death.

Something like 70% of all Covid deaths are people who likely would have died within the next 12 months regardless.

• Upvote 3

Any chance that Burgum engineered this whole youth sports thing simply to troll Walz?  I mean, the timing couldn’t have been better, AND with ND skating, Walz is gonna get like 10x the pressure from hockey parents in his state that he was already assured to get.  How does he not cave?

After all, ND has the highest f**king mortality rate IN THE WORLD, right? The arguments practically make themselves.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

So I filled up my pop 3 times at Subway this evening, forced to use 3 separate cups, 3 lids, and 3 straws in the process.  So much for “climate change” and excess waste.  I’m literally destroying the environment one combo meal at a time...

Sell those straws on the black market. The people in Oregon might need them for their Coke.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Legal coke and illegal straws.  Amazing.  What are you in for.  I had a box of straws.

Getting pulled over for speeding and the officer says

"Is that a box of straws underneath that bag of cocaine in your backseat? I am going to need you to step out of the car please"

I realize you guys are just using it for a joke, but there's a lot of misunderstanding about straws and Oregon(Eugene in particular). There's no ban on them. You still get them everywhere. Every fast food joint, every coffee shop, every place you'd normally get one. The difference is you ask for one instead of getting one automatically. And after a couple months of the law in place, most places are back to almost automatic. They prep the straw with the drink and then ask if you want one. If you say yes, they hand you the combo straw/drink; if you say no, they put the straw back and just hand you the drink. But it doesn't change your daily life one little bit.

The ban on plastic bags, on the other hand, is a very real thing. You don't see those anywhere anymore. When I got out here a couple years ago, restaurants were still able to use them, but that loophole got closed in the last year. Now everything is paper bags. It's not really that big a deal once you switch over to reusable grocery bags. Unless you forget them at home and don't realize until you're at the store. That's annoying. Then you have to choose whether to go home and get them or pay ten cents a bag for a paper bag with no handles. The only other two negatives I can think of are not having an unlimited supply of free small garbage bags, and that some paper restaurant bags can be an adventure: the glue used for the handles can sometimes fail from the heat and moisture of the food. 

10 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

I realize you guys are just using it for a joke, but there's a lot of misunderstanding about straws and Oregon(Eugene in particular). There's no ban on them. You still get them everywhere. Every fast food joint, every coffee shop, every place you'd normally get one. The difference is you ask for one instead of getting one automatically. And after a couple months of the law in place, most places are back to almost automatic. They prep the straw with the drink and then ask if you want one. If you say yes, they hand you the combo straw/drink; if you say no, they put the straw back and just hand you the drink. But it doesn't change your daily life one little bit.

The ban on plastic bags, on the other hand, is a very real thing. You don't see those anywhere anymore. When I got out here a couple years ago, restaurants were still able to use them, but that loophole got closed in the last year. Now everything is paper bags. It's not really that big a deal once you switch over to reusable grocery bags. Unless you forget them at home and don't realize until you're at the store. That's annoying. Then you have to choose whether to go home and get them or pay ten cents a bag for a paper bag with no handles. The only other two negatives I can think of are not having an unlimited supply of free small garbage bags, and that some paper restaurant bags can be an adventure: the glue used for the handles can sometimes fail from the heat and moisture of the food. 

#SaveTheRedwoods.  Just kidding.

11 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Human error happens every election.  It’s unavoidable and we do our best to correct it.  However, human error rarely, if ever, alters a sizable number of votes.   That’s why Trump is claiming fraud.  But it's also why his lawyers are dropping him, and others (like Rudy today) are forced to change their accusations when they have to actually prove it in court.       

In terms of voting machines – these things aren’t machines that some random poll worker can manipulate to alter the election.  Well, I suppose someone could, but election and monitoring officials (both Dem and Rep) would have to be in on the scam.  There exists layers of collective oversight.    
The current issue is with some counties in MI and GA who used Dominion software.  That said, in every instance where a discrepancy occurred, county election officials provided a detailed explanation of what happened and how it was remedied.     

In Michigan, inaccuracies were because of human errors, not software problems.  In GA, one problem was due to Dominion delaying officials’ reporting of votes (but did not affect vote count).  2 other counties had problems with software slowing poll workers’ ability to check-in voters, but that wasn't attributed to Dominion.

Why are the error's all in favor of Biden?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, petey23 said:

Getting pulled over for speeding and the officer says

"Is that a box of straws underneath that bag of cocaine in your backseat? I am going to need you to step out of the car please"

No officer its just my cocaine!!  I swear!!!

9 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

My guess is the NDHSAA was very instrumental in making this change happen 

He came to his senses.....for now.  At least until the next New York Times article comes out that tries to depict ND as having bodies piling up in the streets. 

12 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I hope some aren’t dismissing COVID deaths because they are just old people.

As much as "Saint JP the Deuce"* was correct in that we have created a culture of death, too many of us fear or deny our own mortality and that of our loved ones. Many do not accept it and believe it can be overcome. (Only One has done that.) 

I wish death upon no one. But death comes to all. 

A natural death (and viruses are nature**) is a natural outcome of life. 

*I had a good vibe with the man, he let me call him JP the Deuce. ;) 

**Unless someone screwed with the nature of the virus. There are different words for that. 

Closing though: I've buried a mother and three aunts in 2020. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Their crazy rhetoric cost the Dems a ton of seats in the Era of Trump. That’s pretty bad when Biden wins the election but the Dems lose all those seats. It says something about what the public thinks about their policies. Biden is even more less inclined to give into their demands. Who cares about Twitter followers as most of them cannot afford the squads policies. If anything the middle class taxes will go up to pay for these social programs just like the European countries they want us to be like. There isn’t a smart bone in AOCs body there is no way we have that many stupid people in the US.

Did the 'era of trump' inlude the 2018 eletion?

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Between this and your comparison of professional sports pods and nursing homes, you really are on a roll!

Now that you've added nothing you can go back to getting off on K-12 kids getting locked down so the 90 year old nursing home resident that wants to die anyways can make it another couple weeks.  

2 hours ago, Hammersmith said:

It's not really that big a deal once you switch over to reusable grocery bags. 

Those reusable grocery bags are full of crap ... literally.

Reusable bags can harbor bacteria and viruses.
A study by the University of Arizona found that 51% of all reusable bags contained coliform bacteria, and 12% contained E. coli, indicating the presence of fecal matter and other pathogens. The same study found that 97% of individuals admitted that they never washed their reusable bags.

Want to be grossed out more? Follow the link. You can wash them but most don't get to a high enough temperature to do any good. 

https://www.bagtheban.com/learn-the-facts/health/#:~:text=Reusable bags can harbor bacteria,fecal matter and other pathogens.

14 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

So I filled up my pop 3 times at Subway this evening, forced to use 3 separate cups, 3 lids, and 3 straws in the process.  So much for “climate change” and excess waste.  I’m literally destroying the environment one combo meal at a time...

Sounds like you'er 'grasping for straws'

• Upvote 1