SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

This thread has been enlightening and interesting. At times frustrating. I have learned much about what people are thinking and what they base their thoughts on. I try to add my thoughts at times to counter the flow and get clarification from others. Thanks to all for their input. 

I think that was the intention of this threads. Once we recently subtracted a poster, this thread has been civil. 

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Goon said:

I didn't flip out, I took issue with your short-sighted opinion. It sounded like CNN had handed you a set of talking points. In all seriousness, the left-leaning media is upset because they can't control the narrative. They're losing power. Here's the deal when you swear an oath to defend the constitution of the United States of America, you're not only swearing an oath to protect the opinions you agree with. You're swearing an oath to protect differing opinions. Yes, I know that some don't like people having the right for free speech. In essence you're swearing an oath to protect freedom. Freedoms that we enjoy as Americans. That freedom including creating a social media platform of one's choosing that isn't approved of by the left and the left-leaning media. 

Doesn't that apply to FB, Twitter and Insta, too... or does it change when one becomes so large (or takes on IPO status)?

40 minutes ago, Goon said:

I didn't flip out, I took issue with your short-sighted opinion. It sounded like CNN had handed you a set of talking points. In all seriousness, the left-leaning media is upset because they can't control the narrative. They're losing power. Here's the deal when you swear an oath to defend the constitution of the United States of America, you're not only swearing an oath to protect the opinions you agree with. You're swearing an oath to protect differing opinions. Yes, I know that some don't like people having the right for free speech. In essence you're swearing an oath to protect freedom. Freedoms that we enjoy as Americans. That freedom including creating a social media platform of one's choosing that isn't approved of by the left and the left-leaning media. 

But it isn't a short-sighted opinion. In fact, by your own admission, it is accurate. It has nothing to do with CNN or the "liberal" media. You can find plenty of sources touting the exact same thing. Hey look, the Forum even wrote an article about it today: https://www.inforum.com/news/government-and-politics/6759749-What-is-Parler-and-why-are-so-many-conservatives-going-there

As for your comments about swearing an oath to defend the constitution and thus the Freedom of Speech (which I fully back people to have an opinion I don't agree with), how exactly are you trying to apply that to a company like Facebook or Twitter or Parler or whatever else is out there. No one is requiring people to use those platforms and they have a right to set their community standards, whether you agree with them or not.

30 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

It got rid of that useless Emu fella, too, in the process... multiplication by subtraction.

No argument here. He's constant inappropriate references to sexual acts was atrocious. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

No one is requiring people to use those platforms and they have a right to set their community standards, whether you agree with them or not.

You just said it right there. Hence, so, someone created a social media platform (Rumble and Parler).  Some have moved on. Isn't America great? Now I can use, Parler, Twitter, Facebook, Rumble and youtube. 

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

Greetings all.  Tomorrow I will officially be deemed free of Covid.  It will be 10 days post onset of symptoms and 7 days free of fever and other symptoms.  I echo Goon on the vit D and Zinc.  Load up!  It’s a sneaky bastard too.  I never would have thought I had covid when I tested positive.  My little girl was positive too and she has been entirely asymptomatic.  

My experience started with the most inauspicious throat tickle/cough and some light fatigue.  2 days later I had intermittent fever and chills.  My heart rate and blood pressure both took off as well.  I was walking around at 124/80 on 50mg of losartan.  Last Friday I was 180/105 on same dose.  Normal resting heart rate is 65-75 for me.  It was 100 with covid.

I feel very fortunate to have had a minor flu for my COVID experience, minus the vascular symptoms.

That's great news. I had the racing heart rate for two days. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Greetings all.  Tomorrow I will officially be deemed free of Covid.  It will be 10 days post onset of symptoms and 7 days free of fever and other symptoms.  I echo Goon on the vit D and Zinc.  Load up!  It’s a sneaky bastard too.  I never would have thought I had covid when I tested positive.  My little girl was positive too and she has been entirely asymptomatic.  

My experience started with the most inauspicious throat tickle/cough and some light fatigue.  2 days later I had intermittent fever and chills.  My heart rate and blood pressure both took off as well.  I was walking around at 124/80 on 50mg of losartan.  Last Friday I was 180/105 on same dose.  Normal resting heart rate is 65-75 for me.  It was 100 with covid.

I feel very fortunate to have had a minor flu for my COVID experience, minus the vascular symptoms.

How would you compare it to other illnesses you’ve experienced?

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How would you compare it to other illnesses you’ve experienced?

It was a minor flu in terms of what it felt like. I had pneumonia about 10 years ago, and that was wayyyyy worse.

Now from a thriving perspective, those vascular numbers I shared are doozies.  An unhealthy heart probably couldn’t take that abuse without having some consequences.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

...  I echo Goon on the vit D and Zinc.  Load up!  It’s a sneaky bastard too. ...

I wonder if Goon will say who he's been talking C/D/zinc with ... :whistling:

My neighbor (a chiropractor) gave me the advice above, plus to buy a finger tip pulse Ox and to check twice a day. Like you said, you might feel fine and not realize what else is going on. Pulse and pulse Ox are tell-tale indicators even if you think you're asymptomatic. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

My neighbor (a chiropractor) gave me the advice above, plus to buy a finger tip pulse Ox and to check twice a day. Like you said, you might feel fine and not realize what else is going on. Pulse and pulse Ox are tell-tale indicators even if you think you're asymptomatic. 

Yes- this thing kills when your oxygen level gets too low.  Pulse ox is an easy way to make sure you don’t need to rush into the hospital.  96-99 is normal.  92...call your doctor.

5 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Just read that the Republicans won all 27 races in the House that were rated as toss ups. That is astonishing.

What’s more astonishing is people who don’t see that as a rebuke of democratic policy and see this election as a sign that the GOP is out of touch.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

The other thing I would say is that I got very emotional.  Some of it due to the media’s portrayal of this as the Black Death.  Some of it probably anxiety/vascular issue feedback loop.  

Snowflake!!!!!! :lol:

Glad you are better sir. 

27 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What’s more astonishing is people who don’t see that as a rebuke of democratic policy and see this election as a sign that the GOP is out of touch.

You might be correct, not denying that it certainly could be a rebuke of something. But by logical extension, since the Democrats gained a net total of 41 seats in 2018 from the total number of seats they had won in the 2016 elections, could that have been a rebuke of some kind? Is the electorate now in a regular cycle of collective rebuking from one party to the other every 2 years?  What the hell is going on??!! LOL! 

6 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Which was stronger?

the anti-Trump vote or the anti-“squad” vote?

IMHO Republicans would trade losing the White House with the squad being voted out.  

I also believe many moderate Democrats privately would love to see them out of office. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

You might be correct, not denying that it certainly could be a rebuke of something. But by logical extension, since the Democrats gained a net total of 41 seats in 2018 from the total number of seats they had won in the 2016 elections, could that have been a rebuke of some kind? Is the electorate now in a regular cycle of collective rebuking from one party to the other every 2 years?  What the hell is going on??!! LOL! 

I see it this way on that topic. People hate Trump, personally and deeply. In the absence of a direct vote on the presidency in 2018, people voiced their opinion through the only available means they had. The GOP candidates on the ballot were a good enough proxy for the voter to feel like they were sticking it to Trump. In 2020, they had the ability to directly voice their opinion in Trump and didn’t need to vote against his party down ticket to send the message. Obviously 2020 came with a lot more variables that needed to be factored in, but in simple terms I think the above explanation explains it pretty well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Friend of mine whose Father is a retired Doctor told me to start taking D3 back in February. I feel lucky as I had a minor cold and cough when I had Covid a few weeks back. In normal times I probably wouldn't have missed a day of work.

Some of the "non peer reviewed" stories and reports are pretty telling. many reports showing that among people who died with Covid or from Covid or really struggled with recovering show that anywhere from 85-92% of these people had one thing in common and that was they were deficient in Vitamin D.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Funny you should ask. One of the Moderators. :) When I found I was positive, my bestie dropped it off at my doorstep. I've been taking it every since. I told me to take these. I decided to keep doing it. The Vitamin C tablets are chewables and they're very tasty. I plan on continuing to do this. After chatting with you, I don't think I can go wrong takin these vitamins and supplements.