SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

"On average, two to three weeks ago, we were seeing 70,000 to 80,000 (new) cases per day. Yesterday, there were about 155,000 (new) cases. So if you're alarmed at the 1,700 deaths today, two to three weeks from now, we're going to see 3,000 deaths a day."

As of Wednesday, 47 states had at least 10% more new daily cases than this time last week, according to Johns Hopkins data.

CNN By Holly Yan, Christina Maxouris and Theresa Waldrop, CNN  36 mins ago

"Just give it another two weeks, and it will be really bad. We swear!"

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

"On average, two to three weeks ago, we were seeing 70,000 to 80,000 (new) cases per day. Yesterday, there were about 155,000 (new) cases. So if you're alarmed at the 1,700 deaths today, two to three weeks from now, we're going to see 3,000 deaths a day."

As of Wednesday, 47 states had at least 10% more new daily cases than this time last week, according to Johns Hopkins data.

CNN By Holly Yan, Christina Maxouris and Theresa Waldrop, CNN  36 mins ago

Somebody ought to adjust those numbers for changes in testing availability and methodology over time. Targeted strategies vs cattle call. The "positives" alone are meaningless. Test more, find more.

"Cases" is crap data.  Give me "sick."

Also, until we get 50-state comity on reporting deaths "with" vs. "from", meh.

Oh, has anyone reminded you recently that we have never...EVER...conducted surveillance testing like this at anything close to these levels?  The numbers are of novel interest only, a curiosity. Virtually ZERO scientific value.

People need to stop lapping up the media slobber and open their own eyes. If you look outside your window, you will see that the world, she keeps a-spinnin'.

• Upvote 1

I love the photo of CA Governor Gavin Newsom eating at the French Laundry ($250 a plate Napa restaurant) indoors, group of twelve, no masks, no social distancing. 

And got caught lying that they were “outdoors”. The walls and chandelier in the photos prove otherwise. 

Laws for thee, but not for me. <— CA Governor motto

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Goon said:

I think it's funny that some are getting their underwear in a bunch over Parlor. Granted the Tech Tyrants can't control it and they don't like it. Rumble is also a great alternative to Youtube. 

Who's getting their panties in a bunch besides you? Though it's hilarious if you don't think it's going to end up with the same issues as Twitter or end up a giant sh*t show. Parler has, predictably, already ran into issues with their "free speech" policy. 

26 minutes ago, Goon said:

JC. You sound like Brian Stelter. Bunker Mentality, that was the whole Biden Campaign. 

LOL. Far from it but I'm guessing you didn't have an original comment (again) but already had a link to someone else's thoughts on the matter queued up. I have zero issues with Parler but I'm also not pretending it's something it isn't at this point in time. 

5 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I'm assuming Parler's current audience is going to be much further right than Twitter. 

For any complaints though about an echo chamber...Twitter is precisely that so it seems natural that more liberal minded people are pretty content.

Exactly. Not sure why this is such a problem for some to admit. The are literally right-wing personalities advertising it as this, yet it's apparently taboo to admit. I don't get it. 

4 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Somebody ought to adjust those numbers for changes in testing availability and methodology over time. Targeted strategies vs cattle call. The "positives" alone are meaningless. Test more, find more.

"Cases" is crap data.  Give me "sick."

Also, until we get 50-state comity on reporting deaths "with" vs. "from", meh.

Oh, has anyone reminded you recently that we have never...EVER...conducted surveillance testing like this at anything close to these levels?  The numbers are of novel interest only, a curiosity. Virtually ZERO scientific value.

People need to stop lapping up the media slobber and open their own eyes. If you look outside your window, you will see that the world, she keeps a-spinnin'.

So what are these people dying of?

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Why would Iowa’s Governor go from no Mask Mandates to ordering them?
T needs to get back on Marine 1 and get dropped on that freight train and take the toolbox of the throttle.

Didn’t Burgum do the same thing?

MN is going into the Walz 4 week pause after a 4 month mask mandate. 

Not sure your point.