SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

ND Covid today.....the good, the bad and the ugly.

The good:  Active cases down 878. Hospitalizations down 28.

The bad: 26 deaths. 1091 new daily positives.

The ugly: Dougie still thinks suspending HS sports/organized youth team sports is the answer when yet again today over 50% of the 1091 new positives were between 20-49. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Interesting.  Would you have link to this?  I can't find anything about it online.  

My bad, it was Lindsey Graham’s race in South Carolina where the Democrats poured tons of money into ads touting the Libertarian candidate in the hope of siphoning off enough votes to lead to a Democratic candidate win.  Scummy politics at its worst.  

I will edit my previous post to correct the state.  

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

I agree completely. I would love to see the centrists on both sides of the aisle come together formally and begin a third party. I believe now would be an incredible time and they would gain some serious traction with the right leadership. 

I'd settle for bi-partisan legislation for federal decriminalization of pot, for starters.     

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

ND Covid today.....the good, the bad and the ugly.

The good:  Active cases down 878. Hospitalizations down 28.

The bad: 26 deaths. 1091 new daily positives.

The ugly: Dougie still thinks suspending HS sports/organized youth team sports is the answer when yet again today over 50% of the 1091 new positives were between 20-49. 

Looking at the spreadsheet the NDDOH puts out there was 5 deaths attributed to COVID yesterday.  I wonder where the discrepancy comes from.  All the other numbers match up with what you posted.

4 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Looking at the spreadsheet the NDDOH puts out there was 5 deaths attributed to COVID yesterday.  I wonder where the discrepancy comes from.  All the other numbers match up with what you posted.

Could it be one is date of death and the other is date the death is announced?  I know that sometimes there's XX that is announced as deaths that day, but it can have deaths from weeks/months back included.

5 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

I'm assuming Oxbow's number came from 

What spreadsheet do they put out?

5 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Could it be one is date of death and the other is date the death is announced?  I know that sometimes there's XX that is announced as deaths that day, but it can have deaths from weeks/months back included.

Possibly.  The total deaths are the same.

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I'm assuming Oxbow's number came from 

What spreadsheet do they put out?

image.png.07007b24a22ff2610a06214eb00d6019.pngimage.png.07007b24a22ff2610a06214eb00d6019.png

This is a screenshot of the dashboard.  Click on the public data download button and it gives you all the raw numbers.  The only thing is doesn't break down is deaths and hospitilazations by age, just cases.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/tue-am-trump-legal-team-zeroes-expulsion-election-observers-data

To augment the case, the lawyers are securing affidavits and declarations from citizens who allege:

• they went to the polls to vote and were told they had already voted when they had not cast ballots
  • they are listed as voting in a state where they did not cast ballots
  • they witnessed fraudulent or improper vote counting activities as observers or election officials
  • extreme statistical anomalies uncovered in a handful of battleground states' vote totals are prima facie proof of fraudulent or untoward vote collection and counting activities

The request to discount large numbers of votes is a high legal and political hurdle to surmount, but it is not without precedent. In the last year, North Carolina threw out an entire special congressional election in its 9th District after evidence emerged that mail-in ballots were tainted by a ballot harvesting scheme tied to a GOP operative. And in New Jersey, a state judge earlier this year ordered new municipal election in Patterson, N.J., after evidence of ballot fraud emerged.

45 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

image.png.07007b24a22ff2610a06214eb00d6019.pngimage.png.07007b24a22ff2610a06214eb00d6019.png

This is a screenshot of the dashboard.  Click on the public data download button and it gives you all the raw numbers.  The only thing is doesn't break down is deaths and hospitilazations by age, just cases.

55 minutes ago, Hambone said:

That would be my assumption as well.  It appears in the "public data download" they are backdating the deaths to the date the death actually occurred.  In their tweets, they identify the number of deaths reported for the day, rather than the number that actually occurred.

20 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Minnesota and Manitoba were doing so well.....wtf happened?  

Mitigation efforts, particularly complete lockdowns, will keep case numbers down. But you have to keep those measures in place for perpetuity, or until a vaccine is developed. That’s just not a logical option. We’ve seen all across Europe, the east coast, and Israel what happens when strict mitigation measures are relaxed. 

1 hour ago, Hambone said:

The biggest problem I have with the Covid death stats for the upper age limits is that it goes under the assumption that nothing else would have killed them during that time period.  If a 40 year old dies while having Covid?  That's a number that's hard to ignore.  If a 90 year old person in a nursing home that is already on oxygen dies, it's assumed that person somehow still had 5 more years to live. 

• Upvote 2

Honest question, with the number of people in ND that have already had this, and currently have this, and that much of the extremely elderly/ sick already deceased,  if there is any type of herd immunity associated with Covid shouldn't the state be getting pretty close to it?  

Since everyone laps up the info put out by the CDC let this soak in.....

Compared to 2019 mental health related visits are up 24% ages 5-11 and up 31% up ages 12-17......but that's "data and science" Burgum overlooked and Walz will too in a day or two. 

...and if we are honest a good chuck of the blame goes on the teacher associations around this country.

On 11/16/2020 at 8:20 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I'm so glad you brought up "January". 

We were closer than many want to admit to rolling blackouts in January 2019. It was overcast, and it was colder than -22F so the auto-disable on the wind towers was active  (to prevent damage from cold). 

https://news.minnkota.com/post/polar-vortex-reflections

Many don't like when I say we need battery technology to advance before we can go renewables (solar, wind). Here's the proof. The only way the lights stayed on was fossil (coal, nat gas) and nuclear, and managing down baseline load (off-peak loads being shut off). 

... and we know Mister Biden and Missus Harris' views on fossil. 

We are moving closer and closer to blackouts as utilities decide to retire their reliable coal plants in favor of wind. Their backup plan? Buy from the grid..... but what if there is no excess power? These utilities need to be held accountable if they fail to provide power to their customers. No protections for these power monopolies!

27 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Honest question, with the number of people in ND that have already had this, and currently have this, and that much of the extremely elderly/ sick already deceased,  if there is any type of herd immunity associated with Covid shouldn't the state be getting pretty close to it?  

There's been 65967 confirmed cases of Covid in North Dakota.  There's many models that try to determine the number of true infections based on positivity rate and confirmed cases.  Conservatively, you can  probably multiply confirmed cases by 4 to get true infections.  That would put North Dakota at 263,868 infections as of today.  Thats' 34.7% of the population.  About halfway there, but that doesn't mean daily infections doesn't start to drop before that.  Also, it appears the 80+ demographic is getting infected at a greater rate than the general population in North Dakota, possibly due to long term care settings.  I think this is why hospitalizations will continue their downward trend.  

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Since everyone laps up the info put out by the CDC let this soak in.....

Compared to 2019 mental health related visits are up 24% ages 5-11 and up 31% up ages 12-17......but that's "data and science" Burgum overlooked and Walz will too in a day or two. 

...and if we are honest a good chuck of the blame goes on the teacher associations around this country.

I would add many public health officials to that list.  Apparently they don't care about mental health, especially childrens'.