SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

9 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Keep smoking your little pipe for a Georgia overturn Johnny!  Lindsey Graham was BEGGING for money when he thought he going to get beat then acted like he won the Superbowl when he didn't.   He's a Piece Of !@#$ now asking the Georgia Sec. of State to "THROW OUT VOTES" in a valid election.  His tongue is so far up Trumps fat ass it's embarassing.   Maybe AG Bar should investigate HIM for election interference??  OOPS forgot Bar is also sniffing up trumps alley -sorry.

BTW - how many legal "challenges" now that have been thrown out?  Countless - baseless - no evidence at all!   GIVE IT UP TRUMPERS!   Donny is going to jail!

A Georgia overturn? What are you talking about?

Graham won by 13. The polling was bad. I'd be begging for money too.

33 minutes ago, petey23 said:

No fan of Lindsay but he has a lot of company on the list of sh!tbags in the Senate.

Richard "Da Nang Dick" "Senator Stolen Valor" Blumenthal 

Cory "Spartacus" Booker

Christopher Coons

Mitt Romney

Richard "Dirty Dick" Durbin

Dianne Feinstein

Kirsten Gillibrand

Mazie "The dumbest elected person in America" Hirono

Tim Kaine

Mitch "Cocaine" McConnell

Robert "Pedo" Menendez

Bernie Sanders

Chuck Schumer

Elizabeth "Fauxcohontas" Warren

Sheldon Whitehouse

Ron Wyden

Mazie Hirono having to have the law on people illegally entering the country explained to her at a senate hearing is enough to make you think.  And her response....."I'm confused...." 

Thats okay though, those high speed trains to the Hawaiian Islands will be done by February when President Biden takes over. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Would those folks:
- vote for Biden
- leave 'President' blank. 

I don't believe someone voting a straight R ticket would vote for a D at the top; they'd leave it blank.
Yet, Trump got more votes this time around, and Biden got more votes than Obama ever did! 

Anecdotally, I'm aware of plenty of that happening just in North Dakota.

Not hard to see conservatives being tired of Trump and knowing that Biden would have minimal power with a R Senate. On top of that, frankly, it's the better play for the R's in the long run anyway. A D president give the R's a better shot at turning the house in 2022 (mid-terms historical show losses for the party holding the White House) and then they can run an actual conservative in 2024 who very possibly could be running against Harris, who would have to be a big underdog in a general election. Minimal short term pain (moderate Biden who can claim to have his hands tied with an R Senate) for long term gains (turning the House at mid-terms and running a solid candidate in 2024 to take back the White House).

37 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The real issue is flipping the "outrage" from "you can't make me wear a mask" to the actual real data driven and proven, " Hey, we all went with the masks, Why didnt they work?"

Change mask to lockdowns. 

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Anecdotally, I'm aware of plenty of that happening just in North Dakota.

Not hard to see conservatives being tired of Trump and knowing that Biden would have minimal power with a R Senate. 

That's a mammoth gamble (meaning the gamble is assuming an R Senate). We're still not there yet. 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Change mask to lockdowns. 

Dow Jones dropping like a rock on speculation of more crazy Dem governors instituting another round of nonsensical lockdown  restrictions....then add in the Biden/Osterholm "dark winter" to come.

And I thought we had some hope in two promising vaccines............

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Dow Jones dropping like a rock on speculation of more crazy Dem governors instituting another round of nonsensical lockdown  restrictions....then add in the Biden/Osterholm "dark winter" to come.

It'd be interesting to know who shorted the market overnight. 

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Remember who is still the president while the vaccines have been developed. 

Maybe if they tell people they weren't created until Mr. Biden became President elect Biden they'd have a chance before 2021.

19 hours ago, NDSU grad said:

Some potentially good news.  Daily hospitalizations the past week are at their lowest point since the week of Oct 5-Oct 12, and there were 120 fewer daily admissions this past week than the week before.  Hopefully this trend continues to relieve the strain on the hospital systems in the state.

Just wanted to follow up on this.  9 new hospital admissions yesterday.  This is the lowest number of daily admissions since September 18.  This is despite no significant decrease in daily cases.  Like I said yesterday hopefully this trend continues.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Just wanted to follow up on this.  9 new hospital admissions yesterday.  This is the lowest number of daily admissions since September 18.  This is despite no significant decrease in daily cases.  Like I said yesterday hopefully this trend continues.

that seems to be the trend that was/is happening in europe

46 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So if you are acknowledging that independent voters leaned toward conservative policy, why have continued to bang the drum that the GOP has to change? Seems to me they are positioned very well for the 2022 and 24 election cycles, and it’s the democrats who have an identity crisis. Letting the squad have any voice nationally was a huge blunder. If I was a democrat I would be spending money in AOCs district to get her voted out.

Independents voted for conservative policy this election cycle, yet the opposite occurred 2 years ago when voters favored the Dems (with ‘the squad’).  Independents waffle back and forth.  There’s little evidence to indicate the US, as a whole, is more drawn to conservatism.  What IS evident is polarization has reached an all-time high and independents are caught in the middle.   
If the GOP truly wants to make inroads with independents, it will need to get rid of its radical wing (Trumpism).  The same scenario holds true for the Dems.  

I'm not of the belief that our country can survive if both parties stay their current course.  Sane individuals will be forced to seek an alternate third party.   Although it may take some time, I do envision both parties ditching their radical elements whereby we return to some element of normalcy.     

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Independents voted for conservative policy this election cycle, yet the opposite occurred 2 years ago when voters favored the Dems (with ‘the squad’).  Independents waffle back and forth.  There’s little evidence to indicate the US, as a whole, is more drawn to conservatism.  What IS evident is polarization has reached an all-time high and independents are caught in the middle.   
If the GOP truly wants to make inroads with independents, it will need to get rid of its radical wing (Trumpism).  The same scenario hold true for the Dems.  

I'm not of the belief that our country can survive if both parties stay their current course.  People will be forced to seek an alternate third party.   Although it may take some time, I do envision both parties ditching their radical elements whereby we return to some element of normalcy.     

I agree completely. I would love to see the centrists on both sides of the aisle come together formally and begin a third party. I believe now would be an incredible time and they would gain some serious traction with the right leadership. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

That's a mammoth gamble (meaning the gamble is assuming an R Senate). We're still not there yet. 

I agree. But the trade-off was letting Trump's brand of conservatism and strategy of divsion set the party back much further with another 4 years. 

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

I agree completely. I would love to see the centrists on both sides of the aisle come together formally and begin a third party. I believe now would be an incredible time and they would gain some serious traction with the right leadership. 

Guys like Matt Gaetz and Ro Khanna give me hope, but they continue to run into obstructionism by the long tenured swamp creatures.   "The Swamp" on HBO.  Very informative and eye opening documentary.   

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I agree. But the trade-off was letting Trump's brand of conservatism and strategy of divsion set the party back much further with another 4 years. 

what is the "stategy of division"?  because he didnt want the crazies tearing up cities? this division you speak of started long before trump even decided to run for president.  it is a very weak argument that has little to no proof

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Guys like Matt Gaetz and Ro Khanna give me hope, but they continue to run into obstructionism by the long tenured swamp creatures.   "The Swamp" on HBO.  Very informative and eye opening documentary.   

Responding to a post speaking favorably about centrists by ringing up Matt Gaetz is confusing to me. Those things are not related. That guy is a mega-partisan tool. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Both parties have their fair share of winners.  A former student of mine works for a prominent Democrat in Chicago and he told me the more moderate Democrats are stuck between a rock and a hard place with the likes of AOC and Tlaib.  If they say anything that crosses the party line in regards to the far left thinkers they are taking a gamble at losing their seats.  Or worse, being called Trump supporters!:lol:

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

No fan of Lindsay but he has a lot of company on the list of sh!tbags in the Senate.

Richard "Da Nang Dick" "Senator Stolen Valor" Blumenthal 

Cory "Spartacus" Booker

Christopher Coons

Mitt Romney

Richard "Dirty Dick" Durbin

Dianne Feinstein

Kirsten Gillibrand

Mazie "The dumbest elected person in America" Hirono

Tim Kaine

Mitch "Cocaine" McConnell

Robert "Pedo" Menendez

Bernie Sanders

Chuck Schumer

Elizabeth "Fauxcohontas" Warren

Sheldon Whitehouse

Ron Wyden

After this mornings hearings in the Senate, Senator Stolen Valor has moved himself to the top of the list. What a pathetic pile of sh!t.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Please reconcile that bold portion with the largest fraction of Black and Latino votes ever received by an R. 

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, 1972 said:

what is the "stategy of division"?  because he didnt want the crazies tearing up cities? this division you speak of started long before trump even decided to run for president.  it is a very weak argument that has little to no proof

I never claimed he started it, I stated he has made it an up-front, central part of his political strategy. I don't care where you are on the political spectrum, if you can't see Trump thrives off divisiveness and openly creating an "us vs. them" mentality more than any other politician in my lifetime, I don't know what to tell you. Is it prevalent with politicians of both parties? Absolutely. Does Trump openly take it further than anyone else? Without question.

It is a strategy that worked for him in 2016 when he had the perfect villian in Hillary. It mostly worked during his 4 years as president to keep his base engergized but it absolutely is what derailed his election. If he had toned down his rhetoric and at least pretended that he could work with others, he would have won and probably by a fair amount. None of this should be any sort of shocking revelation.

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Please reconcile that bold portion with the largest fraction of Black and Latino votes ever received by an R. 

Nowhere did I state the division was along any sort of race or ethnicity line.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Are you saying that Trump’s style of leadership does not increase the division in our country? 

Calling for "unity" after calling those same folks "chumps" ... is that leadership or decreasing division? 

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ locked this topic