SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Trump seeking that path is an attack on America. If this were a Democrat attempting this, the amount of assault rifles that would come out would be enough to take over Canada. Nice work GOP, thanks!

How many is that?  Three?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Trump seeking that path is an attack on America. If this were a Democrat attempting this, the amount of assault rifles that would come out would be enough to take over Canada. Nice work GOP, thanks!

My opinion, not that it's worth much.   This has very little to do with January 20, 2021 and everything to do with January 5, 2021, November 8, 2022, and November 5, 2024.  

16 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

My opinion, not that it's worth much.   This has very little to do with January 20, 2021 and everything to do with January 5, 2021, November 8, 2022, and November 5, 2024.  

Agreed (the states will certify etc in time and be bound by law to send electors representing the vote in each state), but at what cost? Increasing divisiveness when we sorely need the opposite? Undermining faith in the government and our democratic election process? Totally self-serving dick move. I can’t believe the grownups in the GOP are still catering to this wannabe autocrat. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Agreed (the states will certify etc in time and be bound by law to send electors representing the vote in each state), but at what cost? Increasing divisiveness when we sorely need the opposite? Undermining faith in the government and our democratic election process? Totally self-serving dick move. I can’t believe the grownups in the GOP are still catering to this wannabe autocrat. 

Yah he is a real Hitler.  Totally ruled people's lives for the past 4 years.  

8 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

And yet I'm sure you were fine with3 plus years of every Democrat crying about the 2016 election results and throwing everything at the wall to try to get something to stick.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 1972 said:

And yet I'm sure you were fine with3 plus years of every Democrat crying about the 2016 election results and throwing everything at the wall to try to get something to stick.

There was plenty of evidence that Russia interfered with the 2016 election in order to promote the Trump campaign. There was also a non-trivial amount of evidence that collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign also occurred. I'm glad that was investigated, and wonder how a trial would have played out in a non-politicized arena. A lot of that evidence would have stuck on a wall that didn't have Trump/GOP Teflon spray all over it. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, petey23 said:

Honest question for the board. If the U.S. had a President in office besides Trump(Dem or Republican), how far out would the vaccine be at this point? Another year, year and a half?

It might already be here. Throwing money at expedited vaccine research during a global pandemic is literally the most basic thing that would have been done by any administration. Wonder what the infamous "pandemic playbook" had to say about vaccine development and at which stage to begin it? Not getting in pissing matches with the FDA over random malaria drugs wouldn't have been a bad idea either, if you're worried about the timeline for vaccine approval.

49 minutes ago, 1972 said:

Politics is politics.  But at least there existed verifiable evidence that Russia interfered in our election.  The GOP-led senate committee on intelligence even agreed as such.  They verified that it occurred.         

On the other hand, here we are two weeks past the election and Trump is still claiming victory without providing a single shred of evidence to the court that he won.  As previously stated, he’s purposely undermining the faith in our democratic process for his own benefit.  

It’s time for the grown-ups in the GOP to end this charade.    

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Politics is politics.  But at least there existed verifiable evidence that Russia interfered in our election.  The GOP-led senate committee on intelligence even agreed as such.  They verified that it occurred.         

On the other hand, here we are two weeks past the election and Trump is still claiming victory without providing a single shred of evidence to the court that he won.  As previously stated, he’s purposely undermining faith in our democratic process for his own benefit.  

It’s time for the grown-ups in the GOP to end this charade.    

Why didn't Russia interfere this time?  Weird.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Likely because our intelligence agencies have a better handle on the situation this time around, and Russia is keenly aware of this.      

U.S. national security officials have repeatedly expressed confidence in the integrity of the election. And they report little actual election meddling of consequence from Moscow outside of disinformation operations. There have been phishing attempts aimed at breaking into the networks of political campaigns, operatives and think tanks, but no indication that valuable political information was stolen. That’s in contrast to the 2016 Russian hack-and-leak operation that U.S. officials say was aimed at boosting Donald Trump’s campaign.

So far the biggest attack has come from Iran.

So far, the highest-profile foreign meddling incident has been by Iran — a ham-fisted, quickly detected operation in which some Democratic voters received emails threatening them if they didn’t vote for Trump. U.S. officials said Iranians spoofed the sender addresses, purporting to be from the far-right Proud Boys.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-russia-elections-local-governments-voting-2020-1b900a5f9e8cfd32d238899b1f1fb158

27 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I can’t find the exact article, but I read somewhere that the Director for NSA/Cyber Command mentioned strategic and tactical offensive operations targeting nation-state actors. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, petey23 said:

Honest question for the board. If the U.S. had a President in office besides Trump(Dem or Republican), how far out would the vaccine be at this point? Another year, year and a half?

You can't be serious.   1 1/2 ?????????
Any P would of resulted in the same time table. Funds would of been available under any P. 
Interesting fact here is Pfizer produced a vaccine without Fed $, where as most other companies did partake.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Monday and where is the beef?

Nearly two weeks after the election, there are signs that Republicans are starting to accept reality.

President Donald Trump’s legal campaign to reverse his election loss is crumbling all around him and there’s no mathematical possibility that he can reverse margins of 10,000 or more votes in the five states he won in 2016 but lost to Biden. Meanwhile, the Biden transition is stuck in molasses, and Trump is barely addressing the coronavirus spikes across the country, let alone cooperating with the incoming administration on vaccine distribution efforts.

Most Republicans have been reluctant to contradict Trump’s claim that he can still hold the White House, but there’s been a steady trickle of GOP lawmakers defecting from Trump’s false contention that he was robbed by fraudsters. After Trump tweeted Monday, “I won the election,” Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) told reporters, “I wouldn’t have advised he put it that way.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republicans-start-to-relent-it-looks-like-it-will-be-president-biden/ar-BB1b4pHv?ocid=msedgdhp

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You can't be serious.   1 1/2 ?????????
Any P would of resulted in the same time table. Funds would of been available under any P. 
Interesting fact here is Pfizer produced a vaccine without Fed $, where as most other companies did partake.

They didn’t take money to accelerate their development and bypass check points put in place for those that did take money.  Also an investment play as gov’t likely won’t have a say in pricing.  

An agreement with the US to purchase some of the supply back in July likely didn’t hurt though   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, homer said:

They didn’t take money to accelerate their development and bypass check points put in place for those that did take money.  Also an investment play as gov’t likely won’t have a say in pricing.  

An agreement with the US to purchase some of the supply back in July likely didn’t hurt though   

Not a chance he understands what you just said.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, homer said:

True, yet making my point, production would of been similarly made by any P.