SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

From the article:

If I have gas from eating Mexican food..... and take a few steps away from you after I start dusting....it might help a little but how much does it actually help?  

A mask might help with large particles being projected but we all know that this thing is aerosol (like my Qdoba gas)....so the mask doesn't do a thing for that. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Let's see what the Supremes say.

Well yea.  That was part of Trump’s plan all along.  Kick everything he possibly can up to the SCOTUS and hope his lackeys rule in his favor.  None of which will overturn the election though.     

Yea it’s legal, but it shows how much respect he has for state independence.   Illustrates the difference between Trumpism and conservatism.  Absolute power vs political values.  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

You are a science denier.

And a mask may be a small price for YOU to pay, but how dare you assign that value to others.

What science did I deny?  The science is clear that masks worn by infected persons reduce (not eliminate) spread.  The science at this point doesn't fully support that masks protect the wearer.

It's very strange to me that masks are the hill some have chosen to die on. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

What science did I deny?  The science is clear that masks worn by infected persons reduce (not eliminate) spread.  The science at this point doesn't support that masks protect the wearer.

It's very strange to me that masks are the hill some have chosen to die on. 

The CDC disagrees with you but WTF do they know.

Word is Walz will have a 4 week pause. Gyms closed. Bars/restaurants take out only.

All indoor sports done......meaning HS FB playoff still a go as it's  outdoors but the girls get screwed as VB will be done. #science

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

The CDC disagrees with you but WTF do they know.

Are you agreeing with the CDC on everything now, or are you still picking and choosing?  Certain studies support that masks protect the wearer, others (such as the Danish study recently referenced) don't.  So the science is unsettled at this point, although there is some support there, no doubt.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

What science did I deny?

I stated that for a non-infected person to wear a mask is pure folly.

The first word out of your mouth in response was "But".  And you then proceeded to rebuke my assertion of folly with a meaningless, subjective, social/moral comparative value assessment ("small price to pay") that would seem to justify people engaging in said folly for entirely non-scientific reasons.

So if you're not denying the science, you're diminishing it, or deflecting it.  De-something-ing it.  :)

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Are you agreeing with the CDC on everything now, or are you still picking and choosing?  Certain studies support that masks protect the wearer, others (such as the Danish study recently referenced) don't.  So the science is unsettled at this point, although there is some support there, no doubt.

I'm just pointing out the CDC came out last week IIRC that wearing a mask protects the wearer too. Take that as you wish but don't make a dumbass comment the "science" doesn't support it......because we are told the CDC is gospel.

Just now, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I stated that for a non-infected person to wear a mask is pure folly.

The first word out of your mouth in response was "But".  And you then proceeded to rebuke my assertion of folly with a meaningless, subjective, social/moral comparative value assessment ("small price to pay") that would seem to justify people engaging in said folly for entirely non-scientific reasons.

So if you're not denying the science, you're diminishing it, or deflecting it.  De-something-ing it.  :)

A person who isn't actively shedding the virus doesn't need to wear a mask.

Now tell me, definitively, who is shedding the virus and who isn't.  It's very clear, based on spread, that people shedding the virus are still interacting with others.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

I'm just pointing out the CDC came out last week IIRC that wearing a mask protects the wearer too. Take that as you wish but don't make a dumbass comment the "science" doesn't support it......because we are told the CDC is gospel.

IMO, the CDC is a government agency that, like any political organization, will say things that aren't necessarily true in order to reach a desired outcome.  For example, in March they said not to wear masks.  Now we know they said that, not because masks don't help, but because they were attempting to conserve mask supplies for medical personnel.

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Right, but what makes these new allegations different from the rest?   It's not like Trump hasn't had some seriously respectable and influential firms representing him in these election cases.

What I'm noticing is these new allegations follow the pattern of all the others.  Here we are again with unverified info leaking via fringe news outlets while Trump’s people scream “Biggest scandal ever!” and “We have information that’s coming!” on Fox News.  Sure the Trumpsters go crazy with excitement, but it’s like the Boy Who Cried Wolf to the rest of America.  I want to see movement in court with verifiable evidence to back up such astonishing claims, not repeated frivolous accusations that get withdrawn when push comes to shove.  The burden of proof for this will be insane.  

Yes, Powell is a solid attorney, but she’s also waist deep in the political machinery.  She is well aware that Trump’s PR battle is now more important than the innate legal battle that he’s getting wrecked in.   His continued fight is essential in keeping influence over the GOP, keeping his base riled up, and keeping the money flowing.

It’s very funny to read the bolded part coming from a dem. Replace Fox News with any other news outlet and it’s the playbook from the last 4 years of the democrats but now...... How many unnamed sources were quoted for “news” the last 4 years?

Do I think any of this changes anything no?  Is it odd the republicans really controlled the election yet lost he top ticket?  Yep.  Do I think Trump knows he needs to keep a base energized for Georgia elections and keep all eyes on how the votes are counted.  Absolutely. 

18 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Well yea.  That was part of Trump’s plan all along.  Kick everything he possibly can up to the SCOTUS and hope his lackeys rule in his favor.  None of which will overturn the election though.     

Yea it’s legal, but it shows how much respect he has for state independence.   Illustrates the difference between Trumpism and conservatism.  Absolute power vs political values.  

PA Sec of State abuse!!!!  

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

IMO, the CDC is a government agency that, like any political organization, will say things that aren't necessarily true in order to reach a desired outcome.  For example, in March they said not to wear masks.  Now we know they said that, not because masks don't help, but because they were attempting to conserve mask supplies for medical personnel.

Got it.......thanks for making my point from day 1. I appreciate that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

#science

Now we've got that out of the way, can we get down to the business of scaling back mandates to a somewhat more reasonable scope?

Sure.  Everybody who hasn't tested negative within the last 30 minutes needs to wear a mask when in public and social distancing can't be ensured.  :D

• Upvote 1

A person who isn't actively shedding the virus doesn't need to wear a mask.

Now tell me, definitively, who is shedding the virus and who isn't.  It's very clear, based on spread, that people shedding the virus are still interacting with others.

Seems like situation could be placed under control if the vulnerable would shelter in place for a month while the healthy let er rip.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Word is Walz will have a 4 week pause. Gyms closed. Bars/restaurants take out only.

All indoor sports done......meaning HS FB playoff still a go as it's  outdoors but the girls get screwed as VB will be done. #science

The sport that literally had zero physical contact with any other players?   

For cripes sake we had sanitized footballs sent in so frequently during flag football it was crazy.  Great to see how many parents volunteered their time in the corner of an endzone spraying and wiping footballs so kids could play.  Walz May be amazed at how many people would volunteer time to do the same for volleyball even if only for the optics of it would help.  Who cares if the games take a little longer or there are zero fans, find a way. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, homer said:

The sport that literally had zero physical contact with any other players?   

For cripes sake we had sanitized footballs sent in so frequently during flag football it was crazy.  Great to see how many parents volunteered their time in the corner of an endzone spraying and wiping footballs so kids could play.  Walz May be amazed at how many people would volunteer time to do the same for volleyball even if only for the optics of it would help.  Who cares if the games take a little longer or there are zero fans, find a way. 

Exactly.

That's already being done on the HS level but now he's turning to "science" in his decision making.

I really hope my information  is wrong on the VB front.

Sure.  Everybody who hasn't tested negative within the last 30 minutes needs to wear a mask when in public and social distancing can't be ensured.  :D

While we are at it, anybody in the US that doesn't have a peanut allergy should have to tatoo a giant Mr Peanut on their forehead.  That way those that are vulnerable to peanuts can freely go about their lives and know exactly who may have had a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast.

• Upvote 3

New cdc guidelines for Thanksgiving, wear masks indoors and wait for it... open the windows. Can’t make this up. 

Anyone a mental health professional? Business must be booming. Suicide rate has to be higher than ever for kids/teens right now, not to be a bearer of a bad news. Just pathetic leadership and adults are impacting the youth with such bad mismanagement right now. 

• Upvote 4