SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

5 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Giuliani is trending, I wonder if it has something to do with the laptop. Hmmmmmmmm

Uh-huh ... 

(Editing is a major distraction in the film's ballyhooed scene with Rudy Giuliani. The shaping of the sequence and its music, in service to the film's overall plot, suggest the disgraced former mayor is trying to seduce a young woman who interviews him. But it looks like some microphone-fitting footage is being repurposed here, and if you really want to make the man look like an ass, you could just play his interview straight: "China manufactured the virus and let it out, and they deliberately spread it around the world" whereas Donald Trump, "I'd say, he saved a million lives." But then, any news network can show us that.)

KEY WORDS: " ... in service to the film's overall plot ..."  <-- movie scene? 

The only thing wrong in that statement is the claim a Sasha Baron Cohen film has a plot. ;) 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/borat-subsequent-moviefilm-film-review <-- The Hollywood Reporter is no friend of Trump. 

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

No one is preventing YOU from following the recommendations of the CDC.  And no one is preventing YOU from according Covid-19 whatever degree of concern YOU deem appropriate.

If asking YOU to leave ME out of your decision-making makes ME a "cultist," "circle jerker," or "Trumptard," so be it.  Sure beats the hell out of letting you impose whatever it is that you seek to impose on me.

(See how I did that without using any derogatory labels or name-calling?  It's easy...you should give it a try.)

how do you feel about women's rights to choose?

A list of options were sent via email to UND season ticketholders. Basically kicking the can down the street as nothing seems to be set as far as games or capacity for any sport. So you can continue to hold out hope for watching some UND athletics live and wait and see what happens or you have 5 options of refunds available to you.

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

A list of options were sent via email to UND season ticketholders. Basically kicking the can down the street as nothing seems to be set as far as games or capacity for any sport. So you can continue to hold out hope for watching some UND athletics live and wait and see what happens or you have 5 options of refunds available to you.

They gave everyone what they wanted. People were already mad they haven't heard anything yet or hadn't been able to get their money back. Since they literally have no clue what capacity will be allowed by the state, county and/or city, it makes it impossible to determine an actual ticket plan for those that want to attend (nor do they know how many are interested). Those who want to wait it out still have all refund options available to them down the road. There is literally something there to make everyone happy. I don't think there is any other way they could handle it given the hand they have been dealt.

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I chose option 5.  push everything to next season.  I just thinking seating will be an issue this spring.  If have a fans in the seats I will buy some tickets when I can make the game.

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

They gave everyone what they wanted. People were already mad they haven't heard anything yet or hadn't been able to get their money back. Since they literally have no clue what capacity will be allowed by the state, county and/or city, it makes it impossible to determine an actual ticket plan for those that want to attend (nor do they know how many are interested). Those who want to wait it out still have all refund options available to them down the road. There is literally something there to make everyone happy. I don't think there is any other way they could handle it given the hand they have been dealt.

People who have season tickets just want some verification that there will be games, any games, that they can attend to make option #1 a valid option. That isn't in there.

Lots of people like Nodak78 are going to take option 5.....saying screw this athletic year.

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

People who have season tickets just want some verification that there will be games, any games, that they can attend to make option #1 a valid option. That isn't in there.

Lots of people like Nodak78 are going to take option 5.....saying screw this athletic year.

So you want UND to assure people of something that, at this point, is 100% out of their control? They are fully aware of what lack of games and/or fans at those games will do to the bottom line. They'd be more than happy to be able to tell people as many fans that want to can attend games, or hell even confirm that games will actually happen. 

Unfortunately, you're right on your second point and that's up to each indivdiual person to make that choice. Despite it not being in the athletic department's best financial interest, they are allowing full refunds of everything which is not the case with every college. Obviously you don't want to upset your customer base by keeping their money, but if you can't survive this because you don't have any funds, then I guess it doesn' t matter in the end?

@iluvdebbies nailed it....

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Uh-huh ... 

KEY WORDS: " ... in service to the film's overall plot ..."  <-- movie scene? 

The only thing wrong in that statement is the claim a Sasha Baron Cohen film has a plot. ;) 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/borat-subsequent-moviefilm-film-review <-- The Hollywood Reporter is no friend of Trump. 

Reviews are universally disappointed. His last show had maybe a half dozen absolutely hilarious skits, but they used most of them in the first few episodes so it fizzled out by the end.

The Wuhan Flu sing along in Washington state was funny, it'll be interesting to see how it's incorporated into the movie.

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So you want UND to assure people of something that, at this point, is 100% out of their control? They are fully aware of what lack of games and/or fans at those games will do to the bottom line. They'd be more than happy to be able to tell people as many fans that want to can attend games, or hell even confirm that games will actually happen. 

Unfortunately, you're right on your second point and that's up to each indivdiual person to make that choice. Despite it not being in the athletic department's best financial interest, they are allowing full refunds of everything which is not the case with every college. Obviously you don't want to upset your customer base by keeping their money, but if you can't survive this because you don't have any funds, then I guess it doesn' t matter in the end?

All things considered I think option 5 is the best answer.  I'm satisfied with that.  And I hope to get to a game or two this spring.  Both SD schools and S Illinois would be great.  I just don't think I will be tailgating this spring.  Maybe the last game.

9 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So if I choose option #1 (which I will) to go along for the ride to see what happens and if any games are played or if I can actually go what is really going to be different from today than in 8, 12 or 16 weeks? 

20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So if I choose option #1 (which I will) to go along for the ride to see what happens and if any games are played or if I can actually go what is really going to be different from today than in 8, 12 or 16 weeks? 

For you and a lot of others? Not much.
But for the surprisingly large number of people who don't want option #1, they can finally have peace of mind that they can get their refunds or be rest assured their money isn't going to be "taken" from them. That's why they had to send an email out.

Biden has been money hungry all his life.

"Biden’s evident belief that he deserves to be wealthy stood out in a 2008 New York Times story that explained how a man living on a public servant’s salary was able to live like a Bourbon king: “Biden has been able to dip into his campaign treasury to spend thousands of dollars on home landscaping,” the Times explained, and also rich businessmen filtered their support of Biden through other means: “the acquisition of his waterfront property a decade ago involved wealthy businessmen and campaign supporters, some of them bankers with an interest in legislation before the Senate, who bought his old house for top dollar, sold him four acres at cost and lent him $500,000 to build his new home.” He sold the house he had bought in 1975 for top dollar to — get this — the vice-chairman of MBNA, who gave Biden $1.2 million for it. MBNA has showed its gratitude to Biden’s support in a number of ways: by giving over $200,000 to his various campaigns, by hiring Hunter Biden, by flying Biden and his wife to a retreat in Maine, etc. Mother Jones dubbed Biden “the senator from MBNA.”"

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/a-bizarre-and-revealing-biden-interview/

5 hours ago, TheFlop said:

My question is who's the idiot parent that took their kid in to be tested knowing that it would knock the whole team offline. 

My niece who just turned 16 had softball practice on October 12th at Eagan High School. They were outside in a group of 9 or 10 and none of them were near the coach as they are following the back to the diamonds protocol. On the 13th she gets contacted and told that the Coach that ran the practice has Covid. My brother and niece and nephew were supposed to come to Fargo on the 14th for a couple days which they ended up canceling. She had her drivers test scheduled for the 19th and next available slot open would be December 22nd. She went and got tested on Saturday or Sunday and tested negative. All the girls on the team tested negative as well. She took and passed her drivers test but her and her teammates are not allowed to go back to school until the 27th. How does this make sense to any rational person?

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

If someone wasn’t following the quarantine rules following a positive test, they most likely wouldn’t be forthright with that information.

This is why we need chips implanted or mandatory cell phone location tracking!

19 minutes ago, petey23 said:

My niece who just turned 16 had softball practice on October 12th at Eagan High School. They were outside in a group of 9 or 10 and none of them were near the coach as they are following the back to the diamonds protocol. On the 13th she gets contacted and told that the Coach that ran the practice has Covid. My brother and niece and nephew were supposed to come to Fargo on the 14th for a couple days which they ended up canceling. She had her drivers test scheduled for the 19th and next available slot open would be December 22nd. She went and got tested on Saturday or Sunday and tested negative. All the girls on the team tested negative as well. She took and passed her drivers test but her and her teammates are not allowed to go back to school until the 27th. How does this make sense to any rational person?

Just awful.

You can justify just about anything when you compare it to a human life. That's the entire argument the other side of this has been making the entire time and I'll be the first to admit, it's effective. Where their argument falls apart is the fact that death comes for all of us and in millions of unfortunate ways, it's a tragedy of the human experience.

With that in mind, as a human race we have already put a dollar amount/"inconvenience unacceptability factor" on a human life. We could outfit every single one of our soldiers with equipment that could save their life while in a fire fight in Bengazi or Fallujah but we don't because the dollar amount would be astronomical and we've decided that their life isn't worth it, sad but true. We could all forgo the convenience of driving cars and just bike everywhere and lives would be saved, but we have decided an amount of human deaths is acceptable to have the convenience of driving.

So it is with Covid, a certain amount of human lives have always been sacrificed in the name of keeping a society afloat, for some reason Covid is different.

40 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

With that in mind, as a human race we have already put a dollar amount/"inconvenience unacceptability factor" on a human life.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

• Upvote 1