SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, NDSU grad said:

The wife popped a positive yesterday. There’s a testing event tomorrow. If I go and test positive I shorten my quarantine by about 12 days.  Science.  

Sorry to hear this. Here is to a speedy recovery to all

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So sorry.  You will get through this!  Lots of people have graduated from NDSU and come out okay! :p

Seriously though, prayers to your family, hoping for healthy returns! :wink:

LOL. Odds are definitely in our favor. Wife has moderate cold symptoms and I am completely asymptomatic. I’m going to get tested tomorrow. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

410D82EC-3F18-4719-AF23-92423E3C91C6.jpeg

Be better.  It is from this guy, Sue's Lube:

In 2012, Mr. D’Souza resigned as president of the Christian-affiliated King’s College after he was spotted entering a hotel with a woman who was not his wife, from whom he had been separated.

Mr. D’Souza has frequently been criticized for making incendiary or conspiracy-promoting remarks, including his suggestion in August that a violent white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., had been staged, and his incorrect claim in October that Hitler was not anti-gay.

The commentator’s appearances at colleges have also stoked controversy. Speaking at Stony Brook University in April, he joked about the Holocaust.

“The corporate media—and Twitter/FB—are still crickets as Hunter Biden's biz partner confirms the emails in @nypost story are real,” Chariton wrote in response to a Fox News report that Tony Bobulinski — who was listed as the recipient of an email published by the New York Post that appeared to detail a business arrangement involving a Chinese company and members of the Biden family — confirmed that the email is "genuine" and provided more information regarding the Bidens' role in the deal. https://www.foxnews.com/media/progressive-journalist-slams-corporate-media-ignoring-hunter-biden

45 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

LOL. Odds are definitely in our favor. Wife has moderate cold symptoms and I am completely asymptomatic. I’m going to get tested tomorrow. 

This isn't a blood test so since you are an NDSU grad I will let you know that you do NOT need to study for it.

I figured I would pile on as well.

Hope you and your wife have no complications.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So, does CBS Evening News have to run the Globe's investigation of space aliens living in Billings, Montana? 

Buy the Globe if you want to read that stuff.  Have at it. 

A platform doesn't have to allow anything on it.  Call them socially responsible.  Call them suppressing the "news".  It is up to them. 

You can find garbage elsewhere if you want.  It doesn't mean that a platform can't decide it is not real and shouldn't be supported by their media outlet. 

7 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

So, does CBS Evening News have to run the Globe's investigation of space aliens living in Billings, Montana? 

But the Globe if you want to read that stuff.  Have at it. 

A platform doesn't have to allow anything on it.  Call them socially responsible.  Call them suppressing the "news".  It is up to them. 

You can find garbage elsewhere if you want.  

not according to section 230.  They can't censor content.

1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

That refers to the protections afforded to the outlet if they allow that content.  It doesn't mean they have to allow that content to be published. 

Then they can be held liable as it is with 230 they can't.  that is the rub.

15 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Then they can be held liable as it is with 230 they can't.  that is the rub.

Think about the Fairness Doctrine removed by the Reagan Administration. 

When it was in place broadcast entities with an FCC license were allowed to air political opinion provided that they allow opposing viewpoints equal time.  For free.

Free?  That's not a good way to make $$$.

The Reagan Administration eliminated the Fairness Doctrine.  Along comes Rush Limbaugh and friends.  They say any BS they want to and if someone tells the station airing it they wish to give an opposing viewpoint, the station can tell them to take a hike or pony up some $$$ if they want you broadcast their point of view.

Let's say a station decides Rush is too full of crap, cuts that programming and allows another Ed Schultz to blather his point of view instead?  Yeah, they can do that. 

Now, on the internet, can the media platform get rid of content they deem untrustworthy?  Damn straight they can.  Or, if they don't, Section 230 would protect them from liability if it causes harm.  

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Think about the Fairness Doctrine removed by the Reagan Administration. 

When it was in place broadcast entities with an FCC license were allowed to air political opinion provided that they allow opposing viewpoints equal time.  For free.

Free?  That's not a good way to make $$$.

The Reagan Administration eliminated the Fairness Doctrine.  Along comes Rush Limbaugh and friends.  They say any BS they want to and if someone tells the station airing it they wish to give an opposing viewpoint, the station can tell them to take a hike or pony up some $$$ if they want you broadcast their point of view.

Let's say a station decides Rush is too full of crap, cuts that programming and allows another Ed Schultz to blather his point of view instead?  Yeah, they can do that. 

Now, on the internet, can the media platform get rid of content they deem untrustworthy?  Damn straight they can.  Or, if they don't, Section 230 would protect them from liability if it causes harm.  

image.jpeg.2e370de59b38109a0ae93bcbaf197133.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Love him, hate him, he's not wrong.

Like nothing in that article hasn't been said here multiple times.

From our group of "Cases are really bad" local media celebs if you put Schloss, McFooly, Tony Bender and Jim Shaw in a room and give them each this article to read which one curls up in the fetal position crying first? 

My Benjamin is on Shaw. 

Trump struggles to lift glass of water during ‘60 Minutes’ interview

For the second time in a few months, Trump struggled to lift a glass of water during his contentious interview with Lesley Stahl.

Midway through the 38-minute sit-down, the president picked up a glass of water with his right hand. Instead of simply sipping the water, Trump needed his left hand to hold the glass steady and bring it to his lips to drink.

The interview took place Tuesday and Trump posted a White House tape of it on Facebook Thursday.

Donald Trump wearing a suit and tie talking on a cell phone: President Donald Trump takes a drink of water as he speaks about his administration's National Security Strategy at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC, December 18, 2017.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-struggles-to-lift-glass-of-water-during-60-minutes-interview/ar-BB1aj6TF?ocid=msedgdhp

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Trump struggles to lift glass of water during ‘60 Minutes’ interview

For the second time in a few months, Trump struggled to lift a glass of water during his contentious interview with Lesley Stahl.

Midway through the 38-minute sit-down, the president picked up a glass of water with his right hand. Instead of simply sipping the water, Trump needed his left hand to hold the glass steady and bring it to his lips to drink.

The interview took place Tuesday and Trump posted a White House tape of it on Facebook Thursday.

Donald Trump wearing a suit and tie talking on a cell phone: President Donald Trump takes a drink of water as he speaks about his administration's National Security Strategy at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC, December 18, 2017.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-struggles-to-lift-glass-of-water-during-60-minutes-interview/ar-BB1aj6TF?ocid=msedgdhp

whoo, is this ground breaking journalism......:lol::lol::lol: