SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The fact that you think it's people getting tested because they are feeling sick shows how ignorant you are on this topic.

As opposed to being a self-identified Trumptard cultist?  

Your little circle jerk spews bull$hit daily. Why the f#ck do you think morons like you are feeling the wrath of the populace?  It is because you are brainwashed fools that regurgitate the bile of Dear Leader.  

You've been rejected by both science and the majority of the United States of America.  You, along with Dear Leader are being mocked.  So, keep having your pity party in your circle jerk, bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon. 

Boo hoo.

LMFAO

• Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What percentage of those tested were elementary aged kids? Honest question as I'm not sure. I'm guessing most parents aren't testing their kids, especially if symptoms are non-existent or very minor. 

Why should parents take a kid in to get tested for every mild symptom? This mentality that "it has to be Covid" until proven otherwise is ridiculous. Maybe parents can teach their own kids to test their own sewage for Covid.....with a mask on of course. 

Source: https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases 

Population: 760,077
Total Processed Tests: 782,486
Unique Individuals: 275,596

We've tested more than the state population because of retests, so we look at retests and realize we've tested one third of the state. Interesting. 

And to all that I say:

A test is a single backward-looking data point.
It's valuable at that instant only, because the person could walk away and pick it up 10 minutes after the test. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Word of the Day:

Pandemic - (adj) (a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world; or, (noun) an outbreak of a pandemic disease. 

Please note that word, pandemic, refers solely to the scope, and not the severity, of said disease. 

I believe we had a pandemic of TDS.  And it is sever.

31 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Your little circle jerk spews bull$hit daily. Why the f#ck do you think morons like you are feeling the wrath of the populace?  It is because you are brainwashed fools that regurgitate the bile of Dear Leader.  

You've been rejected by both science and the majority of the United States of America.  You, along with Dear Leader are being mocked.  So, keep having your pity party in your circle jerk, bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon. 

Boo hoo.

LMFAO

GFYS triggered wanker.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/10/report-topless-photos-minor-hunter-bidens-laptop-relative-photos/

Effing pedopile piece of Shite. And you and all the libtards ignore it.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Boo hoo.

LMFAO

Not sure you know what “self identified” means.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

The kids: No, the vast majority aren't. But they can spread it. 

However a significant portion of the teachers and adminstration are. And even if they aren't, they can spread it as well.

That's the cost/benefit the school board has to weigh and I don't envy their situation especially since it is clear that there is a community spread issue going on across the state (and that is using the positivity rate, not the number of positive tests). I'm glad they are weighing both sides and looking at local info before making their decisions. My hope is they only pull the plug if determined it is absolutely necessary due to spread being directly linked to the schools.

Sending kids home to online status only works to stop "the spread" if those kids stay inside, don't meet at the playground, don't play any sports (school or non-school sanctioned), don't have sleepovers, and avoid getting hugs or high fives from their parents/siblings/guardians.........now who believes that will actually happen?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

GFYS triggered wanker.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/10/report-topless-photos-minor-hunter-bidens-laptop-relative-photos/

Effing pedopile piece of Shite. And you and all the libtards ignore it.

Those Russians sure have you worked up. 

Don't blow a blood vessel, boy.  You have 13 more days to save Dear Leader.  Use your time wisely. 

Tick, tick, tick...

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Why should parents take a kid in to get tested for every mild symptom? This mentality that "it has to be Covid" until proven otherwise is ridiculous. Maybe parents can teach their own kids to test their own sewage for Covid.....with a mask on of course. 

My kids wouldn't get a test unless they were actually significantly sick.  If it was mild cold or even mild flu....no way. Actively showing symptoms?  Sure, stay home. Asymptomatic and stay at home for 2 weeks?  Nope.   

I have no expectation that when I walk into a Walmart.....a restaurant....or a public school that there isn't anyone in those places that may have a bug that I could potentially catch.....others shouldn't either.  

41 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Dare I say, if you never got tested ... what quarantine. 

If someone you live with with tests postive.....that quarantine. 

37 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I never said they should be.
You stated that a minimal percentage of elementary kids were part of the positive results. I asked what percentage of the tests they were and how many parents are testing their kids (guessing the answer to both is also miminal).

2 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Sending kids home to online status only works to stop "the spread" if those kids stay inside, don't meet at the playground, don't play any sports (school or non-school sanctioned), don't have sleepovers, and avoid getting hugs or high fives from their parents/siblings/guardians.........now who believes that will actually happen?

Zero disagreement from me. 

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Who exactly enforces that? 

Kids sent home from school to "quarantine" surely aren't enforced as you've acknowledged. 

I assume people self-enforcing something is too much to ask for in 2020?

I will say, the handful of kids I personally know who have been sent home due to exposure have followed the quarantine rules.

Kids being out of school to "stop the spread" and not following guidelines is a completely different matter. 

Just now, jdub27 said:

I will say, the handful of kids I personally know who have been sent home due to exposure have followed the quarantine rules.

If someone wasn’t following the quarantine rules following a positive test, they most likely wouldn’t be forthright with that information.

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

In a word: Yes. 

I'd say maybe half, maybe, will. 

The spring lockdown?
I'd see kids out and playing (as I had an essential worker provision because of a relationship with an essential service).