SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

A lot of "emperors" are been seen (exposed) right now. 

• If I was in college, this'd be a great year to take off (work, find an internship). Why pay full tuition for YouTube classes? 
  • Parents are seeing what is really going on in the (virtual) K12 classroom. 
  • We see what and how various Governors like/use/enjoy* their "emergency executive powers". 

*I didn't say abuse ... did I ... or did I ... ;)

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I know there are teachers out there who want to be back in schools full-time, but as a group, teachers have really lost all respect from me for this fiasco.

Someone explain to me how private schools are safe to be open, but public schools are not.

Simplify it even further, how can a school district say it’s ok for kids to tackle one another on the football field but not sit in a classroom together?  

And one could make the argument based on facts that this year has proven so far at all levels that it has been safe for kids/adults to tackle each other on a football field.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I know there are teachers out there who want to be back in schools full-time, but as a group, teachers have really lost all respect from me for this fiasco.

Someone explain to me how private schools are safe to be open, but public schools are not.

Mostly because they aren't being dictated by left leaning bedwetters.

Plus most private school parents take their child's education seriously and see it as an investment in their kid's future. Public education right now is a joke....and that's  being generous.

• Upvote 1

What we have here is a circle jerk of Trumptards who have joined a cult. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/qanon-conspiracy-mostly-true-republicans-trump-daily-kos-civiqs-poll-a9702261.html

Trump willing to help QAnon conspiracy theorists 'save the world' from cannibals and paedophiles

A third of Republicans believe QAnon theory of deep state paedophile cannibals is 'mostly true', poll finds

The number of GOP voters who believe the theory either 'partly' or 'mostly' true has grown to 56 per cent in past year

Justin Vallejo
New York
Thursday 03 September 2020 08:24

More than a third of Republicans believe the QAnon conspiracy that Donald Trump is waging a secret war against a shadowy cabal of paedophile cannibals is "mostly true", according to a new poll released on Wednesday.

The increased support of QAnon comes less than two weeks after Mr Trump appeared to endorse the theory at a White House press conference, saying he appreciates the movement's enthusiasm for his presidency.

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

... being exposed as such. 

....and to be fair to the quality teachers out there, which are becoming fewer and fewer, lots of parents are a big part of the problem as well.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I have a grandson at St. Michaels School in GF, he is in his second two week quarantine. Whole class.
Doesn't sound like school be open much longer.

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I have a grandson at St. Michaels School in GF, he is in his second two week quarantine. Whole class.

Which is utterly asinine.  Letting one infected kid that most likely isn't that sick knock out an entire class.....but that's how schools are doing it. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Ok...but they opened right? How many kids/teachers have been hospitalized?

4 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Which is utterly asinine.  Letting one infected kid that most likely isn't that sick knock out an entire class.....but that's how schools are doing it. 

Yet the Sheyenne HS FB team quarantined 70+ kids over one positive. Bases on the CDC close contact guidelines that is basically physically impossible especially  with the measures that are being taken in practices and games.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bison06 said:

Teachers I've talked to in Grand Forks day that at any given time there are some teachers that have been knocked down by it pretty good for a couple of days.  No teacher deaths and haven't heard of any hospitalizations.  As for kids, if you ask around it's clear that many more kids have had it than the numbers show.  However those kids have gotten at most a brief fever and some other short lived cold symptoms.  In my opinion that's exactly what should be happening as it has for years.  The "crud" is going through the school and if you give it another couple weeks you will have a herd immunity of sorts in the schools.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yet the Sheyenne HS FB team quarantined 70+ kids over one positive. Bases on the CDC close contact guidelines that is basically physically impossible especially  with the measures that are being taken in practices and games.

My question is who's the idiot parent that took their kid in to be tested knowing that it would knock the whole team offline. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What folks are forgetting or not seeing in the present situation is that the virus is burning through the population as it will. Why are numbers in the NE low relative to the Midwest? Well, when the NE burned in spring, the Midwest locked down. Now that the Midwest is opened up, ... it's our turn. 

Virus gonna virus. 

32 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

They are open and so is Central HS but on a every other day rotating students through basis.
At Central grandson was quarantined once.
Still only one possitive in the family, track athlete at UND.

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

They are open and so is Central but on a every other day rotating students through basis.
At central grandson was quarantined once.
Still only one possitive in the family, track athlete at UND.

My son's daycare was open all summer, nobody got sick, because nobody was tested.

My son's private school(forced to go because the public school is online) has been open with zero problems since Labor day, nobody is sick because nobody is tested.

It's almost like a pattern is emerging from all of this.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Limu Emu said:

Spoken by the expert on circle jerks.  Also, by Haydouche's self admission as he Gives Head All Day.  lol.

Hay duke was probably on the other end of that zoom call with Jeff Toobin

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:
  • Parents are seeing what is really going on in the (virtual) K12 classroom. 

In Grand Forks, what was cobbled together with zero preparation last spring is a far cry from what goes on in a normal classroom. With proper preparation, planned distance learning can work, but for most students, it is nowhere near what they receive in the classroom.

Not sure if you were directly stating that the quality of education kids were receiving virtually is any comparison to what they receive in the classroom, but I can assure you they aren't near the same outside of some very specific situations where both the student is bought into the distance learning and the instructor has had time to fully plan out the coursework and is able to work inividually with students. If either of those components are missing, it will be a failure.

I've been very pleased GF schools have remained open and handled things appropriately to stay that way. Last night, the school board decided to go against their previous plan and leave the schools opens despite GF County being moved to red/severe, citing the minimal number of positives within the school district and the impact it would have on learning as reasoning. They will be re-evaluating late next week, hopefully numbers calm down a bit and kids can stay in school.

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What was cobbled together with zero preparation last spring is a far cry from what goes on in a normal classroom. With proper preparation, planned distance learning can work, but for most students, it is nowhere near what they receive in the classroom.

Not sure if you were directly stating that the quality of education kids were receiving virtually is any comparison to what they receive in the classroom, but you were, I can assure you they aren't near the same (outside of some very specific situations).

I've been very pleased GF schools have remained open and handled things appropriately to stay that way. Last night, the school board decided to go against their previous plan and leave the schools opens despite GF County being moved to red/severe, citing the minimal number of positives within the school district and the impact it would have on learning as reasoning. They will be re-evaluating late next week, hopefully numbers calm down a bit and kids can stay in school.

Be happy you live in a state that doesn't threaten your school board with fines and jailtime for making this decision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What was cobbled together with zero preparation last spring is a far cry from what goes on in a normal classroom. With proper preparation, planned distance learning can work, but for most students, it is nowhere near what they receive in the classroom.

Not sure if you were directly stating that the quality of education kids were receiving virtually is any comparison to what they receive in the classroom, but you were, I can assure you they aren't near the same (outside of some very specific situations).

Even if numbers don't call down they should be allowed to stay in school.  They aren't vulnerable to this.  

19 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

My son's daycare was open all summer, nobody got sick, because nobody was tested.

My son's private school(forced to go because the public school is online) has been open with zero problems since Labor day, nobody is sick because nobody is tested.

It's almost like a pattern is emerging from all of this.

I showed you guys the link to which state's are testing and the ratio that comes with it.  This is so stupid.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Visited with a 7th grade teacher in Fargo last night. District told teachers they can't fail any student even if the student does zero school work. Started last spring....now this year as well. Dumb and dumber.

In law school this spring they implemented a similar policy. Basically if we showed up for the final, we got a passing grade. One of my classmates got a 2/50 on a core 1L class final and passed the course.