SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

CDC now shifts its close contact guidelines from "within 6' for 15 consecutive minutes" to "within 6' for a cumulative 15 minutes over 24 hours". F#@#ing lunacy. 

Even though ND took heat for divetring from the original CDC guidelines and instituting the close contact mask on/case positive mask on non quarantine scenerio they got it right. 

These new ridiculous CDC guidelines  are nothing more than an attempt to close schools and shutter businesses/workplaces.......in every state but ND. 

This is the same agency that had its director come out and say a mask protects him more than a vaccine will but a couple weeks an agency spokesperson refuted that and said a mask protects others from the wearer. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

CDC now shifts its close contact guidelines from "within 6' for 15 consecutive minutes" to "within 6' for a cumulative 15 minutes over 24 hours". F#@#ing lunacy. 

Even though ND took heat for divetring from the original CDC guidelines and instituting the close contact mask on/case positive mask on non quarantine scenerio they got it right. 

These new ridiculous CDC guidelines  are nothing more than an attempt to close schools and shutter businesses/workplaces.......in every state but ND. 

This is the same agency that had its director come out and say a mask protects him more than a vaccine will but a couple weeks an agency spokesperson refuted that and said a mask protects others from the wearer. 

It was always cumulative.  

12 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

It was always cumulative.  

Expound. Consecutive and cumulative aren't the same thing. In the initial guidelines there was nothing about a 24 hour period. 

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The screen shot I have from the CDC website on 9/10 has no reference to what you claim or what was reported  in that article and it never has until they changed their guidelines a couple hours ago. Not looking for a pissing match.  Bottom line is they changed their guidelines to make it easier to try to quarantine individuals.

11 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Don't pull your schoolyard BS.  I spent time in the AF spying.  You don't spy on American citizens until you evidence of the suspect is working against the USA.  Obama/Biden and Clinton and gang were involved.  The biggest threat to our country is denial by people like you and others like you.

That’s some funny !@#$ right there. Let me clue you in, no one in the business refers to their profession as ‘spying’. Curious, though, what branch/AFSC qualified you as a ‘spy’ in the USAF?  What unit(s) were you assigned to that performed ‘spying’ activities? What INT were you associated with? Please explain how you gather evidence on a threat without conducting actual collection. What do you think the FBI and other LE orgs do on a daily basis? Do you know anything about the intelligence cycle, or what it even is? I’m not sure which is sadder, your comment or the 5 followers who approved. Effing crazy.

47 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Who cares what a miserable piece of sh*t Trumptard quack like you thinks of the CDC. Real professionals pay attention. 

Focus on hockey or some other subject. The bile you spew on this issue is meaningless.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ranger said:

That’s some funny !@#$ right there. Let me clue you in, no one in the business refers to their profession as ‘spying’. Curious, though, what branch/AFSC qualified you as a ‘spy’ in the USAF?  What unit(s) were you assigned to that performed ‘spying’ activities? What INT were you associated with? Please explain how you gather evidence on a threat without conducting actual collection. What do you think the FBI and other LE orgs do on a daily basis? Do you know anything about the intelligence cycle, or what it even is? I’m not sure which is sadder, your comment or the 5 followers who approved. Effing crazy.

He is 78.  Nodak78.  He has a license to... well, piss his pants when the least little bit frightened.  He prefers his chocolate milk shaken, not stirred. 

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The screen shot I have from the CDC website on 9/10 has no reference to what you claim or what was reported  in that article and it never has until they changed their guidelines a couple hours ago. Not looking for a pissing match.  Bottom line is they changed their guidelines to make it easier to try to quarantine individuals.

That may be. But ND was going by cumulative for awhile

Well, only a cultist wouldn't think that Guiliani was Russia's "useful idiot".

Of course, the Russians know Trump and his cult are also useful idiots. 

ROTFLMFAO

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/rudy-giuliani-caught-compromising-position-new-borat-film-n1244187

Giuliani and a fictional young female reporter, who was part of Cohen's sting, can be seen going into a hotel bedroom for drinks — at the woman's invitation — after completing what the former New York City mayor apparently believed to be a real interview about the coronavirus pandemic and Trump's response to the crisis.

The incident occurred as Giuliani, 76, was attempting to remove his microphone, with the help of the actress, that had been used as part of the movie's "interview" with him.
The film, which is being released Friday on Amazon Prime Video, shows Giuliani reclining on a bed and then putting his hand down his pants and moving it around for what appears to be a few seconds while the 24-year-old actress playing Borat's teenage daughter, who is pretending to be a television reporter, stands in front of him.

26 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Well, only a cultist wouldn't think that Guiliani was Russia's "useful idiot".

Of course, the Russians know Trump and his cult are also useful idiots. 

ROTFLMFAO

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/movies/rudy-giuliani-caught-compromising-position-new-borat-film-n1244187

Giuliani and a fictional young female reporter, who was part of Cohen's sting, can be seen going into a hotel bedroom for drinks — at the woman's invitation — after completing what the former New York City mayor apparently believed to be a real interview about the coronavirus pandemic and Trump's response to the crisis.

The incident occurred as Giuliani, 76, was attempting to remove his microphone, with the help of the actress, that had been used as part of the movie's "interview" with him.
The film, which is being released Friday on Amazon Prime Video, shows Giuliani reclining on a bed and then putting his hand down his pants and moving it around for what appears to be a few seconds while the 24-year-old actress playing Borat's teenage daughter, who is pretending to be a television reporter, stands in front of him.

A simple Biden denial would have also been accepted here, but okay.   

28 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I don't know what to tell you but apparently the article didn't do it for you. Or you haven't spoke to a coach. 

No it didn't.

Yes.......both club and HS.

11 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Once again, not sure what to tell you but those were & are the criteria. If you want to cling to CDC you can do that. 

I'm not clinging to anything from the CDC...trust me on that. If there are different criteria that certain entities are using beyond what the NDHD has set forth......good for them. That "cumulative" criteria hasn't  applied to any of the club or HS teams my kids play on since this late spring.

But for the sake of not continuing this discussion.......you are right. 

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

USAFSS Emblem

6917th security group USAFSS.    that is some serious stuff right there.  3 1/2 years.  San Vito Air Station.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Who exactly enforces that? 

Kids sent home from school to "quarantine" surely aren't enforced as you've acknowledged. 

I'll use one example, and I've heard of other senerios.

My grandson at St Mickaels School is presently in second quauantine.

1st quarantine just over month ago, everyday my daughter received a email (2 weeks) from state health and filled out a questioner as to adhering to quarantine and health questions/temp regarding grandson.
2nd quarantine, my daughter recieved call only from school followed with email with attached GF County Health letter that her son is quaratined because a student in class tested+. Only follow up was a school call couple days later that 2 other kids also+.