SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

"They" must be pretty powerful and persuasive to get the whole world in on this hoax.

Honestly curious on who you think "they" are and what you mean by it will all go away? Like legitimately, things back to normal, nothing to worry about anymore?

IMO, the coverage of little insignificant testing outbreaks, hospital numbers that taken out of context, etc will greatly diminish after the election.  I could be wrong but we will see.  

Are the media in other countries reporting everything bad about COVID, every single day, like ours does?  I have no idea.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bison06 said:

Straw man.

Two things can be true at once. The virus is serious(so is influenza and many others) and at the same time we are blowing it way out of proportion in our country.

Mic drop.  Close the thread.  

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Correct I do but because one has Covid19 that doesn’t change the definition of asymptomatic, you know that.

Yeah I know that. That's why I stay monogamous and and don't go sharing drinks with others. Unfortunately we can't say the same about Covid risks. A disease that continues to kill about 1,000 Americans per day. How many are we losing to herpes?

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

So now you don't just want government but you want me to take care of you because you can't?  Do you want me to balance your checkbook for you?  Do you want me to show up at your house when it starts raining and remind you that you should roll up your car windows?  When you crack a beer should I have to come over and tell you to not consume more than 3 or else it's considered binge?  Geez listen to yourself!

I'm not overly worried...most people aren't.  I am at minimal risk as are many others.  I've made the decision to enjoy life instead of living scared.  You don't have to agree with me....you can take more precautions than me...that's your right.  But don't try impose your fear on me.  It's not that hard.

Huh? I'll quote mikejm here, "Don't impose your droplets on me". It doesn't mean I'm asking you to take care of me. I'm asking for some common courtesy. Are you so reckless with your other decisions? Do you speed often? Drink and drive? Please just make the right decisions, they do affect others.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I don't see anyone as a sheep. I wear a mask in public and at work, that's my choice.

I have the ability to defend someone's rights without having to subscribe to that behavior personally. I found that's unfortunately an incredibly rare thing in the US these days.

I defend their rights on things that I don't do in the hopes that as a society we can respect each other's freedoms without having a personally stake in the outcomes.

Thanks for the honest and up front talk today. And thank you for wearing a mask!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

Back in the 80s wasn’t there a handful that called HIV “the gay cancer”? Pretty in line with our president calling covid the “wuhan flu” no? I don’t recall masses of right wingers fighting for their right to spread HIV though.

and we were reporting covid deaths through the CDC just like we were reporting flu deaths, until the White House made moves to make the covid counts less transparent, so there’s that!

That has to be one of your more idiotic posts Ive seen. Of which I might add take some doing.:whistling:

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Straw man.

Two things can be true at once. The virus is serious(so is influenza and many others) and at the same time we are blowing it way out of proportion in our country.

I agree with you. The point I was making is that stating that "this will all go away" after November 4th is absurd.

Are people playing politics with this? Absolutely, on both sides. It is no different than anything else, and unforutnately in the US is not helping matters. This is a legitimate global issue (not an election year hoax) and there are plenty of other countries who are handling it significantly better than we are and it is slowly allowing them to get back closer to normal, while we have places shutting down for the second time and more restrictions being put in place. Continously making it a partisan issue does nothing but slow progress.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Huh? I'll quote mikejm here, "Don't impose your droplets on me". It doesn't mean I'm asking you to take care of me. I'm asking for some common courtesy. Are you so reckless with your other decisions? Do you speed often? Drink and drive? Please just make the right decisions, they do affect others.

The second you step outside of your house you've made the decision to breath the same air (and droplets) as the public.  No one is imposing it on you.  

And yet another ridiculous comparison by you trying to compare not wearing a mask to intentionally commiting a crime......but I suppose with the way the media is running with this just give it time and anything is possible.

• Upvote 1

ND records another single day record high in positives cases.....124.  4792 tests done. Again not sure what value this has when hospitalization numbers are down and no deaths added.

staying home doesn't make you safer either. 

People mostly staying home are still getting Covid-19—here’s the problem and what to do about it

In a press conference May 6, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said that 66% of new hospitalizations in New York for Covid-19 were people who had been staying home.

“This is a surprise: Overwhelmingly, the people were at home,” Cuomo said. “We thought maybe they were taking public transportation, and we’ve taken special precautions on public transportation, but actually no, because these people were literally at home.”

The “shocking” data came from a survey of more than 100 New York hospitals and about 1,300 new patients, Cuomo said.

It raises the question: “Of the people who are staying home, how rigorously are they staying at home?” Stephen Morse, professor of epidemiology at the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University, who focuses on risk assessment of infectious diseases, tells CNBC Make It.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

ND records another single day record high in positives cases.....124.  4792 tests done. Again not sure what value this has when hospitalization numbers are down and no deaths added.

1 death today in Morton county. 80 plus old lady 

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

The value is the data that AGAIN shows that the more testing they do, the more we find this this is much more extensively widespread.... NOT nearly as dangerous as far as hospitalizations and deaths.

10 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The value is the data that AGAIN shows that the more testing they do, the more we find this this is much more extensively widespread.... NOT nearly as dangerous as far as hospitalizations and deaths.

It’s only on par to be our third highest leading cause of death. No biggie.

7 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Lock yourself down.

Don't go out.

Wear a mask and a 6 foot separator apparatus that keeps your 6 foot social distancing around you if you do take the huge risk of going out.

I'll live my life the way I choose. You live yours the way you want.

You live the way you choose. I get that. I assume there’s been times in your life you’ve done something very good that’s helped define you?  

1 hour ago, CarpeRemote said:

You live the way you choose. I get that. I assume there’s been times in your life you’ve done something very good that’s helped define you?  

I'd like to think so.

I guess I'm not the judge of that specifically in the long run.

I'll know after I pass on.

How about you?