SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Just now, Redneksioux said:

I don’t know if they’d open everything up but I’d be ok with it, as long as known infections were isolated and social distancing was still in place. I don’t make the rules though, at this point we can only control our own.

The fact that you don't know if they would or not shows your inherent distrust in their decision making, yet you seem to blindly follow them.

They have been deceptive, inaccurate and illogical at best and outright lying at worst since the beginning. 

Do you think that this being an election year has anything to do with their decisions regarding covid?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

That’s the key, we don’t know. But many are ready to just go off the limited info they know or think they know.

We don't know the long term effects of a million behaviors people do every day. It's called life, we used to be able to live it in this country.

6 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Yes you are.  I think we had a break through today.  

The same hospital systems that allegedly were so full that Navy medical ships were needed......stadiums like the Fargodome were getting equipped with beds.....and campus dorms were considered being used as makeshift hospitals?  Those same hospital systems?  I never heard what came of all of that, did you?

Is altru selfish for requiring all employees, patients, and visitors to wear masks? Sanford? Mayo? 

Sorry bro but the selfish are the ones who claim it’s their civil liberty to be in public with no mask. It’s a form of entitlement and privilege, you should understand that right? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The fact that you don't know if they would or not shows your inherent distrust in their decision making, yet you seem to blindly follow them.

They have been deceptive, inaccurate and illogical at best and outright lying at worst since the beginning. 

Do you think that this being an election year has anything to do with their decisions regarding covid?

Of course they’ve been deceptive. I’m not blindly following anyone. You may see the mask wearers as sheep, I guess that’s your opinion. While I would consider an anti-masker one of trump’s sheep. 

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Is altru selfish for requiring all employees, patients, and visitors to wear masks? Sanford? Mayo? 

Sorry bro but the selfish are the ones who claim it’s their civil liberty to be in public with no mask. It’s a form of entitlement and privilege, you should understand that right? 

Hospitals and long term care facilities are a different deal.....because many of the people there aren't able to protect/take precautions themselves.  If they were fully able to care for themselves and/or make their own decisions by definition they wouldn't be in either of those places. 

Try again.  

6 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

That’s the key, we don’t know. But many are ready to just go off the limited info they know or think they know.

Well we do know 40% will have no issues moving forward.

28 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Oh you got me I’m selfish. Just like every hospital system out there too? 

That's rich considering  I have not seen one hospital or any healthcare providers mandate that their providing ongoing medical care or going into work to do their jobs be linked to the funding of BLM or defunding of the police.

11 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

So you want to make policy based on an unknown, whereas I would suggest keeping the status quo, which is based on the known.  

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Of course they’ve been deceptive. I’m not blindly following anyone. You may see the mask wearers as sheep, I guess that’s your opinion. While I would consider an anti-masker one of trump’s sheep. 

I don't see anyone as a sheep. I wear a mask in public and at work, that's my choice.

I have the ability to defend someone's rights without having to subscribe to that behavior personally. I found that's unfortunately an incredibly rare thing in the US these days.

I defend their rights on things that I don't do in the hopes that as a society we can respect each other's freedoms without having a personally stake in the outcomes.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

So you want to make policy based on an unknown, whereas I would suggest keeping the status quo, which is based on the known.  

Never said that but the governor in Georgia recently has done so and Betsy devos is also suggesting to do so. 

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

We do? Or we just know there’s no immediate side effects for 40% moving forward?

90+% of the population is a carrier of the herpes versus too. 

What side effects are you looking for in a completely asymptomatic individual??? 

Asymptomatic....Google it.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Hospitals and long term care facilities are a different deal.....because many of the people there aren't able to protect/take precautions themselves.  If they were fully able to care for themselves and/or make their own decisions by definition they wouldn't be in either of those places. 

Try again.  

One could argue that those going into public or to gatherings without a mask are also not capable of taking care of themselves or others. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

90+% of the population is a carrier of the herpes versus too. 

What side effects are you looking for in a completely asymptomatic individual??? 

Asymptomatic....Google it.

Yet herpes has been around for years, the medical community understands it and the risks, you know that. 

3 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Yet herpes has been around for years, the medical community understands it and the risks, you know that. 

Correct I do but because one has Covid19 that doesn’t change the definition of asymptomatic, you know that.

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

One could argue that those going into public or to gatherings without a mask are also not capable of taking care of themselves or others. 

So now you don't just want government but you want me to take care of you because you can't?  Do you want me to balance your checkbook for you?  Do you want me to show up at your house when it starts raining and remind you that you should roll up your car windows?  When you crack a beer should I have to come over and tell you to not consume more than 3 or else it's considered binge?  Geez listen to yourself!

I'm not overly worried...most people aren't.  I am at minimal risk as are many others.  I've made the decision to enjoy life instead of living scared.  You don't have to agree with me....you can take more precautions than me...that's your right.  But don't try impose your fear on me.  It's not that hard.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, mikejm said:

Don't impose your respiratory droplets on me.

If you are scared you are free to wear a mask, avoid crowds/social distance, or just stay inside a bunker for the rest of your life.  YOU can control that.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, mikejm said:

Don't impose your respiratory droplets on me.

Lock yourself down.

Don't go out.

Wear a mask and a 6 foot separator apparatus that keeps your 6 foot social distancing around you if you do take the huge risk of going out.

I'll live my life the way I choose. You live yours the way you want.

15 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Lock yourself down.

Don't go out.

Wear a mask and a 6 foot separator apparatus that keeps your 6 foot social distancing around you if you do take the huge risk of going out.

I'll live my life the way I choose. You live yours the way you want.

Ok.  In other words, you don't give a crap about others.  A classic narcissistic attitude, just like Trump.  A good member of the cult. 

Got it.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

1 hour ago, SiouxBoys said:

They're waiting for November 4th. Then this will all go away.

"They" must be pretty powerful and persuasive to get the whole world in on this hoax.

Honestly curious on who you think "they" are and what you mean by it will all go away? Like legitimately, things back to normal, nothing to worry about anymore?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Ok.  In other words, you don't give a crap about others.  A classic narcissistic attitude, just like Trump.  A good member of the cult. 

Got it.    

Sure, bud. Whatever you want.

Stay woke.