SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

20 minutes ago, Cratter said:

At this rate probably no fans at NCHC Frozen Faceoff.

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Following the lead of the NCAA, best practices of others, and at the recommendation of local and state health officials regarding COVID-19, the NCHC and its member institutions have decided that the four NCHC Quarterfinal Series this weekend (March 13-15) will be closed to the public. Attendance will be restricted to only student-athletes, coaches, event and team staff, credentialed media and student-athlete family members.

Fans looking for a refund of their NCHC Quarterfinal round tickets should contact their athletic department’s ticket office. Because the NCHC Quarterfinal round games are closed to the public, the conference has made the decision to make all streams this weekend free to the public on NCHC.tv.

The decision to have limited attendance was made for the safety and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches, staff, media and fans. The conference, in consultation with member school leadership and health agencies, is constantly monitoring all relevant information regarding COVID-19 to make any further decisions about the future of the NCHC Tournament.

https://www.nchchockey.com/news_article/show/1094694

13 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Following the lead of the NCAA, best practices of others, and at the recommendation of local and state health officials regarding COVID-19, the NCHC and its member institutions have decided that the four NCHC Quarterfinal Series this weekend (March 13-15) will be closed to the public. Attendance will be restricted to only student-athletes, coaches, event and team staff, credentialed media and student-athlete family members.

Fans looking for a refund of their NCHC Quarterfinal round tickets should contact their athletic department’s ticket office. Because the NCHC Quarterfinal round games are closed to the public, the conference has made the decision to make all streams this weekend free to the public on NCHC.tv.

The decision to have limited attendance was made for the safety and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches, staff, media and fans. The conference, in consultation with member school leadership and health agencies, is constantly monitoring all relevant information regarding COVID-19 to make any further decisions about the future of the NCHC Tournament.

https://www.nchchockey.com/news_article/show/1094694

all streams this weekend free to the public on NCHC.tv.... I hope they beef up the feed source bandwidth to accommodate all the extra viewers!

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

And if some of the public health actions cut down on deaths, some around here will point at the total number of deaths and say, “See, I told you it wasn’t that bad!”, rather than acknowledging that perhaps officials made the right call. 

Those models likely already calculated that people would do what they had to do to minimize risks and deaths (lower end of the estimates).

At least I would hope Harvard experts would be that smart.

"Oh crap Joe. We forgot to take into account that people were less likely to gather in large groups when a virus 10x more deadly than the flu is having an outbreak! Do you think people will wash their hands more too?"

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNDfaninMICH said:

And if some of the public health actions cut down on deaths, some around here will point at the total number of deaths and say, “See, I told you it wasn’t that bad!”, rather than acknowledging that perhaps officials made the right call. 

This "right" call, as you call it, has set a precedent moving forward...........

11 minutes ago, yelo09 said:

Had tickets for the weekend :devil:.  TV options????

I sold my tix through UND ticket exchange which uses Ticketmaster cuz I will be in Az. I wonder how the people that bought those tickets will get their refund.  Will Ticketmaster keep their fee?  I bet somewhere in this exchange, fans may get screwed. 

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This "right" call, as you call it, has set a precedent moving forward...........

I said that perhaps it will be right. In the end we’ll never know, unless we match regions of the country into social distancing vs life as usual groups, and introduce the same number of infected people into each.  

Just now, UNDfaninMICH said:

I said that perhaps it will be right. In the end we’ll never know, unless we match regions of the country into social distancing vs life as usual groups, and introduce the same number of infected people into each.  

But the precedent has been set.

Weeks ago I purchased tickets for Saturdays game from another person through the message board. Since I wasn’t the original buyer, am I screwed in my chances of getting a refund from Ticketmaster?

25 minutes ago, mn_sioux said:

all streams this weekend free to the public on NCHC.tv.... I hope they beef up the feed source bandwidth to accommodate all the extra viewers!

Yeah no doubt, gonna be a lot more people tuning in now!

2 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

I have a feeling that there will be no NCAA tournament this year, hockey or basketball.  It seems to be heading in that direction. 

I am getting that distinct feeling as well. I certainly hope not but understand hard decisions will have to be made for the safety of the public.