SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

39 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I wonder how things are going today for Rudy. I see he has until 5:00 pm today to file a new brief. What does filing a new brief mean? 

It means he's filing a new statement with the court modifying or clarifying his position (with supporting evidence, etc).  Meanwhile Trump is taking a beating elsewhere in PA.  2 of his lawsuits thrown out already.  His own team withdraw another one.     

The circus continues........

Edit:  looks like JohnboyND7 beat me to it!  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Shut up, put your mask on, and get back to work.  BWSE needs us all to keep it going so he can collect his Social Security checks.  We’re all in this together, remember?

NO Turkey for you! 

8 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Bidens (if elected) Virus Adviser claims we will not lock down country.

The joys of political speak.
“Lock down the country” isn’t an official term so it has no meaning and nothing hold them accountable to. If they locked down everything, closed every business, made everybody stay home under penalty of law etc, but kept open the government center, for example. Technically they could claim they didn’t “lock down the country”. 

7 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The real crack is the cult supporting these activites.

Oh, you mean like the Dems. Cult supporting, burning, rioting, targeting of police, and openly calling for their supporters to " get in their face and tell them they not welcome here"?  I see the similarities....

Oh you don't say. Yep no fraud. Report: Georgia Election Monitor Finds 9,626-Vote Error in County’s Hand Recount

A monitor has reportedly discovered a 9,626-vote error in Georgia’s DeKalb County’s hand recount, according to Georgia Republican Party chairman David Shafer.

“One of our monitors discovered a 9,626 vote error in the DeKalb County hand count. One batch was labeled 10,707 for Biden and 13 for Trump – an improbable margin even by DeKalb standards,” Shafer said. “The actual count for the batch was 1,081 for Biden and 13 for Trump.”

21 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Bidens (if elected) Virus Adviser claims we will not lock down country.

I don't believe him. I am sure the squad will correct him. This is about control. They want to exert control. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Brilliant, why hasn't anyone thought of that yet? 

Counterpoints:
Who's going to care for them? And do we lock down those caregivers families as well, including all of their kids? "How is that plan going to work with the hospitals in the region that are already nearing capacity with workers who are near their breaking point? I'm sure they will be happy to watch it "let er rip" while continuing to be stretched extremely thin due to a shortage of workers and/or capacity.
How do you account for the large amount of the population who aren't vulnerable yet will continue to take cautions, particularly as people are ready to "let er rip". How well do you think that plan is going to work out for the businesses that I assume your plan is set to help.

Narrow minded bleeding hearts like yourself messed this up from day one so yes, it is always tough to put toothpaste back in the tube.  If early on more focus was put on protecting old and vulnerable people instead of this sick and twisted practice in government overreach and compliance......we wouldn't be in this situation.  Pro sports can pull off a pod.....why can't a nursing home?  Instead of paying out all of this money to healthy 25 year olds sucking down unemployment.....pour that money into huge bonuses for care providers that are willing to go into 3 month pods with vulnerable people?  Here's another idea, instead of banning people under 16 from Menards ........maybe ban people 70 and over from Menards?  Sounds crazy but think about it.....why not?  Idiots keep hammering on the 18 and under crowd because they are the easy target........but in what twisted reality do you live where you can't see that it would affect a much smaller portion of America if restrictions were put on the vulnerable.....instead of the healthy.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Narrow minded bleeding hearts like yourself messed this up from day one so yes, it is always tough to put toothpaste back in the tube.  If early on more focus was put on protecting old and vulnerable people instead of this sick and twisted practice in government overreach and compliance......we wouldn't be in this situation.  Pro sports can pull off a pod.....why can't a nursing home?  Instead of paying out all of this money to healthy 25 year olds sucking down unemployment.....pour that money into huge bonuses for care providers that are willing to go into 3 month pods with vulnerable people?  Here's another idea, instead of banning people under 26 from Menards ........maybe ban people 70 and over from Menards?  Sounds crazy but think about it.....why not?  Idiots keep hammering on the 18 and under crowd because they are the easy target........but in what twisted reality do you live where you can't see that it would affect a much smaller portion of America if restrictions were put on the vulnerable.....instead of the healthy.

So much wrong with this reply. Don't know where to even start so I'll head back to work and let all you full-time SS employees hash it out.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

So much wrong with this reply. Don't know where to even start so I'll head back to work and let all you full-time SS employees hash it out.  

It’s a pretty short paragraph by him, if there are things wrong with it, shouldn’t take much time to refute it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Tuck and run.....tuck and run......be sure to cancel some more K-12 activities on your way out. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Goon said:

Perhaps if you pay attention to outlets other than Breitbart, you'd have a better grasp of the situation.   Breitbart is only reporting half the story. Why?  I'll let you figure that out.          

https://www.thegeorgiasun.com/2020/11/18/recount-update-accusations-fly-as-hand-recount-nears-end/

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Who are the DINOS?

Fred Flintstone’s pet dinosaur and Dean Martin’s son who teamed up with Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz’s son and a third guy to record an album (old enough to remember vinyl records) In a band called Dino, Desi & Billy. :D

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Be interesting to see in MN how first time voters in 2022 and 2024 will vote based on Walz taking away their youth based on his "science and data" during this pandemic.

I didn't vote for the governor of ND this year, and I'm glad I didn't after his quick little stunt.

On twitter if you disagree with Walz you'll get called a right wing stupid republican.  I guess then in ND disagreeing with Dougie makes you a bleeding heart liberal?  It's a partisanship thing right?  

So how am I both?? :lol:

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Why are we calling the GA SoS a RINO?

Is it because he's not subscribing to Trump's conspiracy theory or because he's actually a RINO? If its the former, people are being stupid. Thats like deciding you won't watch Fox and now watch OAN or whatever because they are all-in on making Trump feel better.

I'm as Republican as the next guy in ND, but people trying to blame the SoS in GA for Trump being behind there? Seems a bit looney even for me. 

This is getting to be right up there with libs claiming Russia stole the election from Hillary. 

Republicans should be pretty pleased right now. Performed super well in the house, looks like a Senate hold is probable. I dont understand much of this pouting by people. Quit watching Candace Owens videos or whatever. 

I don't listen to Candace.

I do listen to Mark Levin.  Mark interviews Lin Wood explaining the case in Georgia.  He does call the Sec of State Liar.  and the Gov.(Rep)  both for accepting Chinese money.  

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RfHhiTAy2h0

41 minutes ago, Goon said:

I don't believe him. I am sure the squad will correct him. This is about control. They want to exert control. 

I'm not worried about the squad.  They are very low on political capital after the results we saw in the House on November 3.    

3 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am way too naive. I admit it.

just trying to imagine that we have crooks in multiple states coordinating to rig an election. Imagine all the people that would have to be in on this. And the crooks are all in one party.

again, how would I know? But dang, I certainly hope it isn’t true no matter who my candidate was.

naive I am

Regardless of eventual outcome, it’s actually a testament to our ingrained democratic institutions (on the whole) that:  

a – the President must go through the court system to overturn the vote count;  
b-  our institutions are fair and strong enough to accept or rebuff a President’s lawsuit as they deem appropriate.  He’s throwing everything he can at them, big and small, with vitriolic fervor.  This post election legal action is like nothing the US has ever encountered before.    

Despite the bullcrap rhetoric from both parties, our democracy (on the whole) is working.  Few people in this world have the luxury to experience what we are witnessing right now.  

• Upvote 1