SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Be interesting to see in MN how first time voters in 2022 and 2024 will vote based on Walz taking away their youth based on his "science and data" during this pandemic.

Clay county has turned into quite the DFL stronghold, so we know he'll be fine there.   :(

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Be interesting to see in MN how first time voters in 2022 and 2024 will vote based on Walz taking away their youth based on his "science and data" during this pandemic.

It all depends on who runs against the DFL in '22

If the GOP is smart... they tell the My Pillow Guy to stuff it and go straight to Hermantown.

*No guarantee that Walz runs in 2022 and he will be primary hard from the left. 

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

So I filled up my pop 3 times at Subway this evening, forced to use 3 separate cups, 3 lids, and 3 straws in the process.  So much for “climate change” and excess waste.  I’m literally destroying the environment one combo meal at a time...

One of the dumber measures, for sure.  That, and napkins.  Can't let folks access their own napkins.

Yet at some restaurants, it's still business as usual.

42 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Can someone please tell me why many of the trump’s attorneys dropped out?

They don't want to embarrass or perjure themselves in court because the allegations are so ridiculous. 

Meanwhile, Rudy was his crazy-ass self today.   Despite his public rants, he admitted Trump's big PA lawsuit does not involve fraud.  The judge then cancelled tomorrow's evidentiary hearing.  

Clown.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Can someone please tell me why many of the trump’s attorneys dropped out?

For the same reasons as any other attorney dropping a case. They either have no evidence at all or insufficient evidence to win and prove their allegation, were being asked to perjure themselves to say they had indisputable undisclosed evidence and risk losing their license to practice law, promises of being paid fell through, had conflict of interests or personality conflicts.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

So I filled up my pop 3 times at Subway this evening, forced to use 3 separate cups, 3 lids, and 3 straws in the process.  So much for “climate change” and excess waste.  I’m literally destroying the environment one combo meal at a time...

Think of the "climate change" issues if you would have instead went to Taco Bell.

30 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

Clay county has turned into quite the DFL stronghold, so we know he'll be fine there.   :(

Yup. There will be Ilhan Omar type politician to come out of there within 4 years.

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The new safe space for the extreme right? 

That's a dumb statement. There are left-leaning folks on there too. It was developed as a alternative to Twitter and Facebook. But whatever makes you feel good and sleep at night. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Goon said:

That's a dumb statement. There are left-leaning folks on there too. It was developed as a alternative to Twitter and Facebook. But whatever makes you feel good and sleep at night. 

What exactly is dumb about it? It's literally how they have marketed it and why it has recently gained traction. They are promoting "free speech" to conservatives. Wonder how much stake some of those influencers have gotten to switch over and promote the product. 

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

And by “extreme right,” you mean anyone to the right of Bernie Sanders...

Based on what I've seen, that's pretty far from accurate. At this point it is mostly a far right echo chamber that prioritizes verified users. Nothing wrong with that but no point in pretending it's something it isn't. 

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

And by “extreme right,” you mean anyone to the right of Bernie Sanders...

I think it's funny that some are getting their underwear in a bunch over Parlor. Granted the Tech Tyrants can't control it and they don't like it. Rumble is also a great alternative to Youtube. 

Human error can be just a mistake, or if done intentionally, fraud. Are folks saying human error is probably fraud?

Do folks say that the machines were rigged and were rigged to change how people voted - from Trump to Biden?

In addition, are there concerns that extra ballets, that no one actually submitted but were snuck in, were cast illegally for Biden?

just trying to understand what people are thinking. Some have said that millions of votes were snuck in from Russia and China - all for Biden. True?

this is all separate from technical issues such as the signatures didn’t match for instance. 

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

In Oregon heroine is more legal than plastic straws.  Ohh, and Thanksgiving with your family. 

• Upvote 1

So what, if anything, should we do about this COVID stuff? Sounds like some are saying nothing and there really isn’t a problem.  What I know is that we can’t shut down. I like to step back after a while and regroup and summarize where we are at with opinions.

edited to add: most say that masks are not effective and if concerned you should stay home.

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

What exactly is dumb about it? It's literally how they have marketed it and why it has recently gained traction. They are promoting "free speech" to conservatives. Wonder how much stake some of those influencers have gotten to switch over and promote the product. 

Based on what I've seen, that's pretty far from accurate. At this point it is mostly a far right echo chamber that prioritizes verified users. Nothing wrong with that but no point in pretending it's something it isn't. 

JC. You sound like Brian Stelter. Bunker Mentality, that was the whole Biden Campaign. 

4 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

So what, if anything, should we do about this COVID stuff? Sounds like some are saying nothing and there really isn’t a problem.  What I know is that we can’t shut down. I like to step back after a while and regroup and summarize where we are at with opinions.

Screenshot_20201118-190316_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9ae5fe0bb4e5e9d8bc4a2d7db260fa55.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

My advice, take care of yourself. Get a lot of rest. Take your vitamins. I take C, D, and Zinc everyday now. 

• Upvote 3

"On average, two to three weeks ago, we were seeing 70,000 to 80,000 (new) cases per day. Yesterday, there were about 155,000 (new) cases. So if you're alarmed at the 1,700 deaths today, two to three weeks from now, we're going to see 3,000 deaths a day."

As of Wednesday, 47 states had at least 10% more new daily cases than this time last week, according to Johns Hopkins data.

CNN By Holly Yan, Christina Maxouris and Theresa Waldrop, CNN  36 mins ago

I'm assuming Parler's current audience is going to be much further right than Twitter. 

For any complaints though about an echo chamber...Twitter is precisely that so it seems natural that more liberal minded people are pretty content.