Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
bincitysioux

2020 Football Season

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Hopefully we don’t find an Idaho State in the MVFC. 

This...….7-4 next year is best case scenario IMO. 6-5 is most probable. UND just has a history of pissing away a game they shouldn't lose year in and year out..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This...….7-4 next year is best case scenario IMO. 6-5 is most probable. UND just has a history of pissing away a game they shouldn't lose year in and year out..

They also won two games they maybe shouldn't have this year and almost beat a Weber team on the road they shouldn't have came close to......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

They also won two games they maybe shouldn't have this year and almost beat a Weber team on the road they shouldn't have came close to......

Then 9-2 it is. Carry on...….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No predictions here yet as I'm waiting for Spring Ball to try to get more of a feel on some positions. I do like the schedule though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I realize camp is a long ways away, but who does everyone think is the frontrunner for the QB1 job this coming season?  Schuster seems to be in the lead for the position.  I don't see Grover moving ahead.  I like how Freund uses Boltman.  I think they need to have him pass the ball more so that opposing defenses don't just play the run because that is what he does the majority of the time he is in there.  Gonna have a redshirt freshman in Schuster and 2 true freshman quarterbacks on the roster next year.  With the redshirt rules now, I hope we can see Quincy Vaughn get in there. (hopefully after we are up big in the second half :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

So I realize camp is a long ways away, but who does everyone think is the frontrunner for the QB1 job this coming season?  Schuster seems to be in the lead for the position.  I don't see Grover moving ahead.  I like how Freund uses Boltman.  I think they need to have him pass the ball more so that opposing defenses don't just play the run because that is what he does the majority of the time he is in there.  Gonna have a redshirt freshman in Schuster and 2 true freshman quarterbacks on the roster next year.  With the redshirt rules now, I hope we can see Quincy Vaughn get in there. (hopefully after we are up big in the second half :D

Grover transferred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Where to?

D2 Slippery Rock in PA.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, VMeister said:

One correction - the Western Illinois game is away.  I just remember that because that's the day of the Nashville hockey game.

This is a good thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bobby Petrino hired at missouri state.  That will be interesting to track that hire. 

I would expect them to improve with Bobby pulling in some questionable characters that can play football.  Probably won't be an easy win for very long.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wright4UND said:

Bobby Petrino hired at missouri state.  That will be interesting to track that hire. 

I would expect them to improve with Bobby pulling in some questionable characters that can play football.  Probably won't be an easy win for very long.  

Chirping him is gonna be like shooting fish in a barrel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

This...….7-4 next year is best case scenario IMO. 6-5 is most probable. UND just has a history of pissing away a game they shouldn't lose year in and year out..

What? Pissing away games? Give me at least 9 examples of that! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 12:08 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Which year?

Even going back to the glory DII days.....there are times where we lost to teams we shouldn't have, or had really close games with teams we were much better than.  But actually I think this happens to 95% of teams out there.  Heck even NDSU lost to USD when USD wasn't very good.  I remember Weber taking NDSU into the 4th quarter within 7 points, and that was when they were still bottom of the Big Sky in around 2013 or something like that.   It happens in football, it will happen continue to happen to UND on occasion.  I just hope we don't find that one crappy team in the MVFC that gives us fits every year....like Idaho State. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 8:06 AM, Oxbow6 said:

This...….7-4 next year is best case scenario IMO. 6-5 is most probable. UND just has a history of pissing away a game they shouldn't lose year in and year out..

7 wins is the best case scenario? Damn UND football is in a bad place. 

Have to have expectations for more wins than that, although I don’t think you’re wrong with the prediction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We "pissed away" two last year IS and Weber. The only teams that don't "piss away" at least one game a year are playing in late December and January. I would say that Montana State fans could say they "pissed one" away this past year - so it can be overcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

7 wins is the best case scenario? Damn UND football is in a bad place. 

Have to have expectations for more wins than that, although I don’t think you’re wrong with the prediction.

They are entering a new league thats tougher than the one they were in.  Yah, let's predict 9 wins.  :silly:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

They are entering a new league thats tougher than the one they were in.  Yah, let's predict 9 wins.  :silly:

I'd say 7-4 is the most probably best case scenario also.  However I'd say 8-3 could happen if everything went near perfect.  Loss to K State, Loss to NDSU, one other loss.  If we did that, that would be a great year.....assuming we didn't then follow it up with a loss in playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

They are entering a new league thats tougher than the one they were in.  Yah, let's predict 9 wins.  :silly:

UND won 7 games playing the “toughest schedule in the country” in 2019. So, is the schedule even tougher now for 2020?

Poor UND football, always going uphill both ways according to some. I’m waiting for some unexpected leaders to rise up. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND won 7 games playing the “toughest schedule in the country” in 2019. So, is the schedule even tougher now for 2020?

Poor UND football, always going uphill both ways according to some. I’m waiting for some unexpected leaders to rise up. 

'Preseason' toughest schedule in country. 

Plus all new teams this year to learn about.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Tougher league? The Big Sky has been pretty damn good the last few years.

Maybe last year was the first year in how long where the Big Sky was on par or slightly ahead of MVFC.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Maybe last year was the first year in how long where the Big Sky was on par or slightly ahead of MVFC.  

I’d say ‘17 was a bit of a wash, ‘18 and ‘19 I’d take the Big Sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...