SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

20 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I hope it works out well for him.  I don't know how the transfer portal works but my assumption was that you wouldn't enter the transfer portal if you were thinking of leaving a year from now.  

Sounds like he is interested in another year at UND.  Hopefully that includes football also if that's what he wants to do.

I think that just the fact he wants to stay despite what going on says a lot about the school and what it represents despite the football situation. The kid has character and how can one not respect that.

1 minute ago, RobThomas said:

I think that just the fact he wants to stay despite what going on says a lot about the school and what it represents despite the football situation. The kid has character and how can one not respect that.

Getting a degree should be priority number one for all college athletes. Good for him on valuing that. He’s got to do what’s best for him.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RobThomas said:

Why would you think the kid is mad? He might want to see if football is what he really wants to do. He might need a break from the game and see what is important to him. Also it is an opportunity to maybe change his mind about leaving. Because he can leave and go if he truly wants. We don't know he still might change his mind about leaving. Im glad he is enjoying school.

I never said I thought the kid was mad.   It just seems different the way it was being described.

UND's RB group does not impress me, pending what Creighton Mitchell can do.  Luke Skokna is overrated, but young; could still develop into a solid player. Skokna's highlights from last season came against awful competition. Can't rely on Otis Weah being consistently on the field given academic situation. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND's RB group does not impress me, pending what Creighton Mitchell can do.  Luke Skokna is overrated, but young; could still develop into a solid player. Skokna's highlights from last season came against awful competition. Can't rely on Otis Weah being consistently on the field given academic situation. 

It’s no thunder and lightning, but is it that much worse than last year? JJ didn’t do much, Cam could play but got hurt a lot Skokna was a true freshman, coming off of injury (did he keep his redshirt?) really hoping Mitchell can be the real deal.

I think it comes down to more of scheming and o line execution. I guess we will see.

10 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I didn’t think Skonka was overrated last year.  He was a true freshman coming off a torn ACL.  Didn’t have fall camp and played well whether it be returning kicks or getting some offensive touches.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

There is a fourth RB you know. Potential diamond in the rough recruit due to a poorly timed injury in Highschool.

On 5/16/2020 at 3:43 PM, geaux_sioux said:

Getting a degree should be priority number one for all college athletes. Good for him on valuing that. He’s got to do what’s best for him.

Wasn't Cam on the track team also? Maybe he will just do that...

14 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I read this today. McKinney hurt the last 4 games injury prone. I saw the game he was injured in. He got injured trying to spark the team taking the ball out the end zone trying to make a play. Well l see why he missed 3 games. I remember the 4th game he came back against Northern Colorado a must win game and went 6 for 105 over 150 yards special teams if I am not mistaken. See the field position gave our offense opportunities to score. Now they talk about the 4 games he missed no it was 3 Nichols State he wasn't involved in what they had planned. Now as far as the 3 games he missed due to injury  trying to make a play. What about the 8 games he was healthy and barely played. 

5 hours ago, RobThomas said:

I read this today. McKinney hurt the last 4 games injury prone. I saw the game he was injured in. He got injured trying to spark the team taking the ball out the end zone trying to make a play. Well l see why he missed 3 games. I remember the 4th game he came back against Northern Colorado a must win game and went 6 for 105 over 150 yards special teams if I am not mistaken. See the field position gave our offense opportunities to score. Now they talk about the 4 games he missed no it was 3 Nichols State he wasn't involved in what they had planned. Now as far as the 3 games he missed due to injury  trying to make a play. What about the 8 games he was healthy and barely played. 

I think we get your perspective - he made his decision I am confident UND is supportive of it. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RobThomas said:

65-75 plays in a game.  How many touches did he get in games he played?  What is the right amount?  Who should of had less touches?  If your opinion is more, then you must have an opinion for who should of had less.

I used to get pissed about my touches in Junior High, and players are pissed every level up including the NFL.........whether is right/wrong/selfish/unselfish/confident/cocky/etc.

I wish we still had him on the team!!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Any news on how Weah's spring semester went and/or if he will likely be eligible?  Not sure if it helped or hurt having things go all online mid semester. 

I would ask the 360 guys,  they are usually plugged in to this stuff.