SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

9 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Any news on how Weah's spring semester went and/or if he will likely be eligible?  Not sure if it helped or hurt having things go all online mid semester. 

Doesn’t really matter where a guy is at after spring. It’s after summer we need to worry about. If he had a tough spring he could grind over the summer to save it. Hopefully he doesn’t need to though.

Well MN is a terrible mess.... but in the midst of riots and looting and the National Guard (thank God),  our Gov. Walz has stated he may entertain letting the Vikings play in the US Bank Stadium... to an empty stadium.  Hope the NCAA has common sense since MN has not had the predicted 79,000 deaths.

It will be interesting to see how often they run the Brockstar this upcoming year, and/or if they tweak it and expand on it.  Whichever QB ends up being the starter will already be way more mobile and more of a running threat than Kett.   Does the novelty and success of the Brockstar from last year wear off and be less successful this year as teams are prepared for it?  Or will Danny come up with some new wrinkles with it and continue to use it and continue to be successful?   Definitely need to get Boltmann some touches either way. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

It will be interesting to see how often they run the Brockstar this upcoming year, and/or if they tweak it and expand on it.  Whichever QB ends up being the starter will already be way more mobile and more of a running threat than Kett.   Does the novelty and success of the Brockstar from last year wear off and be less successful this year as teams are prepared for it?  Or will Danny come up with some new wrinkles with it and continue to use it and continue to be successful?   Definitely need to get Boltmann some touches either way. 

The "Brockstar" was fun, but it wasn't monumental or game-changing by any means. I would say it did help win the Sam Houston State game, when Andrew Zimmerman got injured. 

Otherwise, it was just a fun wrinkle. When it mattered most, in the playoffs down at Nicholls State, the offense was very tough to watch. UND needs to be able to do better at the line of scrimmage consistently, not just with gadget plays/formations. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sure it will be strange for player to play in totally empty stadiums, but I cannot wait for football to start up again! Really hoping UND can surprise some people. Definitely some talent on this team but so much of the year will be dependent on young QB play. Maybe the kids will be ready, I guess we will see.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm sure it will be strange for player to play in totally empty stadiums, but I cannot wait for football to start up again! Really hoping UND can surprise some people. Definitely some talent on this team but so much of the year will be dependent on young QB play. Maybe the kids will be ready, I guess we will see.

Do we know that the stadiums will be empty?

8 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

not college related but I've heard through the grapevine that at least one large suburban MSP school has told their football coaches to not be surprised if no HS football season this year

It’s Minnesota, wouldn’t be surprised if the bars are still closed in the fall.