SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

13 minutes ago, RobThomas said:
14 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

UND 2019 Team Leaders Total Yard's. Wanzek 996, McKinney 724, Tonnevin 684, Boltman 637, Magg 610, Johannason 539, Skokna 389, Gee 269, UND Football Facts 2019...

Total yards leaders 2019 season.

Wow.. Really.. 

UND total yards leaders 2019. 

Cam McKinney seems to be number 2 in total yards 724 not bad for a player with very, very limited 2019 play 7 games. What if he was given the same opportunity the other guys had. 

11 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Randomly ran into his dad at Northern Arizona two seasons ago.  Based on his dad's unhappiness with how he was being used I was anxious that he might leave before last season.  His dad thought he should be getting the ball 25-30 times a game.

25-30 touches for McKinney a game and his seasons would consist of 1 game.  Kid had a apark for sure, but not an every down RB and not sure hands.

40 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

UND 2019 Team Leaders Total Yard's. Wanzek 996, McKinney 724, Tonnevin 684, Boltman 637, Magg 610, Johannason 539, Skokna 389, Gee 269, UND Football Facts 2019...

Total yards leaders 2019 season.

Wow.. Really.. 

UND total yards leaders 2019. 

Probably best to leave this one alone.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, homer said:

I don’t think he made the backfield but he seemed to really fit what Danny wants to do with the offense.  Get athletes the ball in space.   Was one of our only home run threats last year.   Unless he plans to go D2 it seems odd he would transfer for only one season.  

McKinney He will go D1 l wouldn't be surprised if it's FBS. Laugh if you like. Im going to watch. I see what he has I'm not in denial. He will be on a team that will appreciate his contribution. 

6 hours ago, RobThomas said:

McKinney He will go D1 l wouldn't be surprised if it's FBS. Laugh if you like. Im going to watch. I see what he has I'm not in denial. He will be on a team that will appreciate his contribution. 

Best of luck to Cam.  Don’t forget the most important word in your post.

• Upvote 1

Wish McKinney well - it was fun to meet his family during tailgating. He had a few classic runs last year and someone will be interested, just hope that his education is as important to him as playing time. 

3 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Best of luck to Cam.  Don’t forget the most important word in your post.

Well at first l thought the word was laugh. I guess l might have been wrong it's team. I watched this kid on the sideline not playing and encouraging his teammates every game l attended because l wanted to see his body language. Humble kid. If l recall correctly now let me know if this isn't facts. I am only talking facts not opinion. Facts. Remember Luke Skokna had his break out game. I do because l was there l was very happy for that kid awesome performance. Now did anyone see his interview after the game l did. Luke said how much Cam encourages him and that Cam is always positive and a great team mate now l don't play for UND. But if a fellow teammate says this is always positive and encouraging. Well l will go with that fact not an opinion. So if you are referring to the kid being a team player go back a look at Lukes interview and let Luke tell you. Facts.

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Wish McKinney well - it was fun to meet his family during tailgating. He had a few classic runs last year and someone will be interested, just hope that his education is as important to him as playing time. 

As far as his education lm going to research that also. I can't speak what l don't know but when l respond l will answer with facts. I don't know his education situation. Plus l don't have a dog in this fight. So weather he finishes school or not it is not my concern

That's his.. But once l find out l will speak only with facts. Facts only.. 

45 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

As far as his education lm going to research that also. I can't speak what l don't know but when l respond l will answer with facts. I don't know his education situation. Plus l don't have a dog in this fight. So weather he finishes school or not it is not my concern

That's his.. But once l find out l will speak only with facts. Facts only.. 

He only has two years left and already red shirted, correct?

I am continually flabbergasted how college coaches, who are one bad season away from unemployment, continually play only their favorite players and leave more talented players on the bench.  

I will never understand why they keep doing that.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I am continually flabbergasted how college coaches, who are one bad season away from unemployment, continually play only their favorite players and leave more talented players on the bench.  

I will never understand why they keep doing that.  

It’s rare but does happen some times. Dan Hendrickson was a victim of that before he started. But again, it’s rare, and as we all know, talent is a very small part of the equation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

He only has two years left and already red shirted, correct?

Yes l think he broke his hand and they made him redshirt but he still practiced everyday simulating the speed of the receiver of the other team. Looks like they took full advantage of him even with a red shirt and not supposed to be participating. Know who benefits. Facts

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s rare but does happen some times. Dan Hendrickson was a victim of that before he started. But again, it’s rare, and as we all know, talent is a very small part of the equation.

Is it a situation of them playing their favorites or playing people they can trust to run the scheme or be at practice all week and not be injured?  You hit on it at the end of your post....

OK, so if understand things, Cam has to sit a year unless he goes d D2?   He hasn't graduated yet, so that rules out that option.    I get that he wants more playing time and probably wasn't happy with how he was used here, but how does he gain anything by leaving?

Just now, Hawkster said:

OK, so if understand things, Cam has to sit a year unless he goes d D2?   He hasn't graduated yet, so that rules out that option.    I get that he wants more playing time and probably wasn't happy with how he was used here, but how does he gain anything by leaving?

I found out he had a opportunity to leave immediately but he said he loves being a student at UND and he wants to Graduate and wants to pay his own way. I heard his commitment to his next situation will be as a Graduate Transfer. I respect that.. Facts so it's not about football it's about the kid wanting to see what he started through WOW. Way to go young man.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

I found out he had a opportunity to leave immediately but he said he loves being a student at UND and he wants to Graduate and wants to pay his own way. I heard his commitment to his next situation will be as a Graduate Transfer. I respect that.. Facts so it's not about football it's about the kid wanting to see what he started through WOW. Way to go young man.

Hold on....he is going to stay at UND, not play football in 2020 because he is mad about playing time, then grad transfer somewhere for one year?  

Just now, UND1983 said:

Hold on....he is going to stay at UND, not play football in 2020 because he is mad about playing time, then grad transfer somewhere for one year?  

He likes the school l guess so it's not about football. And he is spending his own money. 

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

That's what it sounds like, and now I'm more confused than ever.   Hopefully we get a clarification, something doesn't make sense.

12 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

That's what it sounds like, and now I'm more confused than ever.   Hopefully we get a clarification, something doesn't make sense.

13 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Why would you think the kid is mad? He might want to see if football is what he really wants to do. He might need a break from the game and see what is important to him. Also it is an opportunity to maybe change his mind about leaving. Because he can leave and go if he truly wants. We don't know he still might change his mind about leaving. Im glad he is enjoying school.

7 minutes ago, RobThomas said:

Why would you think the kid is mad? He might want to see if football is what he really wants to do. He might need a break from the game and see what is important to him. Also it is an opportunity to maybe change his mind about leaving. Because he can leave and go if he truly wants. We don't know he still might change his mind about leaving. Im glad he is enjoying school.

So its a power play to try and get something from the program.  

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Only the player knows how he feels and why he chooses to do what he does. How would anyone know if he is “mad”? You don’t do “power plays” to get more playing time. It’s really none of our business. He contributed to the program so good luck to Cam and thanks for your efforts. 

16 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

There is zero reason for this type of speculation.

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Why does it have to be a power play. The kid is no longer on scholarship he is spending his own money he has not said anything about the situation. Why does it have to be negative 

17 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

There is zero reason for this type of speculation. 

3 hours ago, RobThomas said:

I hope it works out well for him.  I don't know how the transfer portal works but my assumption was that you wouldn't enter the transfer portal if you were thinking of leaving a year from now.  

Sounds like he is interested in another year at UND.  Hopefully that includes football also if that's what he wants to do.

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Is it a situation of them playing their favorites or playing people they can trust to run the scheme or be at practice all week and not be injured?  You hit on it at the end of your post....

In Dans situation it was stupid and he should have been starting. I’m not going to speak on other situations. In general though, coaches lean on guys they can rely on because their floor is much higher than a mercurial guy who is unreliable.

• Upvote 1