Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, petey23 said:

One would have thought that with Drake taking a ranked Iowa State to the wire last year and ultimately letting them off the hook would have at least warranted a playoff spot if not a seed for the Bulldogs?

Different circumstances with it being the last game of the year and having a whole season of Drake football as a larger sample size.

If Drake takes a ranked Iowa state to triple overtime in week 1 last year, I guarantee you that Drake is ranked the following week in the FCS polls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This clown is trying to take credit for the Bison’s horns up sign. Apparently he is stating that he came up with it on 11-11-1955 and called it hookem-horns in support of the Texas Longhorns. Nice try

UNI beats Idaho st 13-6. Looks like ndsu will be #2  next week.  

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, petey23 said:

One would have thought that with Drake taking a ranked Iowa State to the wire last year and ultimately letting them off the hook would have at least warranted a playoff spot if not a seed for the Bulldogs?

They were scheduled last minute because the team Iowa State was going to play made the playoffs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Different circumstances with it being the last game of the year and having a whole season of Drake football as a larger sample size.

If Drake takes a ranked Iowa state to triple overtime in week 1 last year, I guarantee you that Drake is ranked the following week in the FCS polls.

wouldn't it be plausible that IF Drake were to take IA State to overtime next week that maybe just maybe they suck and not only shouldn't Drake be ranked but the mightly panthers of cedar rapids/falls should then fall back out of the top 25?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wouldn't it be plausible that IF Drake were to take IA State to overtime next week that maybe just maybe they suck and not only shouldn't Drake be ranked but the mightly panthers of cedar rapids/falls should then fall back out of the top 25?

Absolutely, and then UNI’s close loss wouldn’t look as impressive

This is how college football polls work.

This is exactly why everyone on this board cheered for Utah a few years back, it makes your loss look better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Nobody seems to care all that much that we have a bargain basement, shoestring budget Division I athletic department. I see more Bison gear than UND Fighting Hawks (Sioux) gear sometimes and it is nauseating. 

Holy hyperbole... 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is iowa state school of ag really really a p5 with all their losses to fcs schools over the years....

Iowa St. beat Drake to end last year before a Bowl game.....27-24.  Only if Drake could have taken them to OT would it have been a major accomplishment.  Again, Iowa St. 27- Drake-24.  Digest......

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Iowa St. beat Drake to end last year before a Bowl game.....27-24.  Only if Drake could have taken them to OT would it have been a major accomplishment.  Again, Iowa St. 27- Drake-24.  Digest......

So...close losses mean nothing for the team that loses, but close wins somehow mean something for the team that wins? How is that logic reconcilable?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So...close losses mean nothing for the team that loses, but close wins somehow mean something for the team that wins? How is that logic reconcilable?

Sorry, I was late to the Iowa St. discussion party.  Mostly discussed.  2 of the best running jokes on this forum are No. Iowa quality losses and Smok'n Joe Protheroe.  Both are Legendary.

My view on Iowa St.- they tend to play to the level of their competition.  After the Drake game Iowa St. lost by 2 in their Bowl game to Wash. St. (Quality bowl loss)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2019 at 6:39 PM, gundy1124 said:

Iowa St. beat Drake to end last year before a Bowl game.....27-24.  Only if Drake could have taken them to OT would it have been a major accomplishment.  Again, Iowa St. 27- Drake-24.  Digest......

Lots of 2’s 3’s and 4’s playing for Iowa St I’d presume.  I don’t read much into that score.

ISU dialed that one down before kickoff, with no desire to embarrass an in state lesser opponent.  Score doesn’t surprise me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Herd said:

Lots of 2’s 3’s and 4’s playing for Iowa St I’d presume.  I don’t read much into that score.

ISU dialed that one down before kickoff, with no desire to embarrass an in state lesser opponent.  Score doesn’t surprise me.

Yeah...I'm sure.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't belong here, but Klieman is such a good coach.....my gosh.....just smart plays for his team on the road at Mississippi State.  They have all their timeouts late....And they hold the Mississippi State player up to end the game, don't tackle him.....held him up.....no more plays.....smart football.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

This doesn't belong here, but Klieman is such a good coach.....my gosh.....just smart plays for his team on the road at Mississippi State.  They have all their timeouts late....And they hold the Mississippi State player up to end the game, don't tackle him.....held him up.....no more plays.....smart football.  

K-State always plays smart football. They rarely have any talent lmao.

Good win though for Klieman!

Link to post
Share on other sites

#4 EWU loses to #17 Jax St

#10 Montana St defeats Western Illinois 

Cal Poly and Idaho St both lose big to PAC 12 opponents

#6 Weber loses by a TD to Nevada

#1 NDSU wins convincingly against #18 Delaware

#3 SDSU over Drake by 28 points

South Dakota falls to Houston Baptist in the DakotaDome

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

#4 EWU loses to #17 Jax St

#10 Montana St defeats Western Illinois 

Cal Poly and Idaho St both lose big to PAC 12 opponents

#6 Weber loses by a TD to Nevada

#1 NDSU wins convincingly against #18 Delaware

#3 SDSU over Drake by 28 points

South Dakota falls to Houston Baptist in the DakotaDome

 

seriously?  this is their version of u of sioux falls.  maybe much worse tho. wow!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

seriously?  this is their version of u of sioux falls.  maybe much worse tho. wow!

Not even close actually.  Houston Baptist is an FCS program from the Southland conference (same league as Sam Houston).  

However they are rather new, and not all that good.  It's not a great look for USD or the Missouri Valley FB Conference..........

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Not even close actually.  Houston Baptist is an FCS program from the Southland conference (same league as Sam Houston).  

However they are rather new, and not all that good.  It's not a great look for USD or the Missouri Valley FB Conference..........

hbu had won 2 games in the last two years...their program is only about five years old..and they almost scored 60 points...and the game was at vermillion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

hbu had won 2 games in the last two years...their program is only about five years old..and they almost scored 60 points...and the game was at vermillion.

Like I said, it's a bad look for USD and for the mighty MVFC.  But in the end, HBU is a DI program from one of the top four or five FCS leagues.  It is not at all comparable to our loss or to our narrow win against NAIA Sioux Falls.  That was a bad time for UND Football......

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...