SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

northernraider

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

pretty solid team doesn't almost lose at home to drake...get real.

Yep. Sure. 8-5 P5 team with wins over some top 25 teams are terrible. Not solid. In fact, they were terrible last year. All because some game that got scheduled at the last minute was close in garbage conditions.

No one is running around calling them God's gift to football, but they were a solid team. Not great, not bad. Better than most. 

This is a really stupid hill to die on bud.

7 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Yep. Sure. 8-5 P5 team with wins over some top 25 teams are terrible. Not solid. In fact, they were terrible last year. All because some game that got scheduled at the last minute was close in garbage conditions.

No one is running around calling them God's gift to football, but they were a solid team. Not great, not bad. Better than most. 

This is a really stupid hill to die on bud.

apparently someone is bc losing to them makes you jump about 30 spots in the polls.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is iowa state school of ag really really a p5 with all their losses to fcs schools over the years....

It’s comments like this that make me wonder if some people who comment here even watch college football.

They’ve had a much better record against much tougher competition than UND the past few years, so should we ask if UND is really an FCS team?

Make fun of them all you like, but Iowa State is a solid team as of late in the fourth or even third best college football conference in the country. They beat #3 Oklahoma a few years back.

SMH.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

It’s comments like this that make me wonder if some people who comment here even watch college football.

They’ve had a much better record against much tougher competition than UND the past few years, so should we ask if UND is really an FCS team?

Make fun of them all you like, but Iowa State is a solid team as of late in the fourth or even third best college football conference in the country. They beat #3 Oklahoma a few years back.

SMH.

i think your next post should just say...do you even lift bro.  give it up...no one outside of isu alumni sit down to watch them play anyone.  isu v northwestern on espn8 or alabama v lsu on espn...wonder which game people are gonna watch 99.9% of the time. i know which one i'm watching.

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think your next post should just say...do you even lift bro.  give it up...no one outside of isu alumni sit down to watch them play anyone.  isu v northwestern on espn8 or alabama v lsu on espn...wonder which game people are gonna watch 99.9% of the time. i know which one i'm watching.

Iowa state has one of the best tailgate scenes in the country.

You’re completely clueless

On 8/27/2019 at 9:05 AM, Bison06 said:

And NDSU contributed in no way to those teams having a poor performance that day. 

Team’s talent and performance don’t exist in a vacuum or on paper each Saturday. How they perform against a specific opponent speaks to that opponent just as much as it does the team.

This Bison fan doesn’t believe for a second, no matter how many layers deep you go, that NDSU’s success is the result of luck. They have a winning formula that makes the other team play mistake free football to keep up with them. They also consistently have an FBS caliber O-line that surprises FBS schools who think they will just out muscle NDSU. And that’s exactly what you see when they line up against FBS teams.

I agree.  As much as I want the Herd to dump a t#$d, they don't. They are the model to emulate and improve on.  I have to admit that I was even cheering them on against Kansas State.  The owned the line play for much of that game. 

I do think if they played a tough FBS schedule they would be too banged up in the end to be competitive though. Add more scholarships at the FBS level, that could change.  (hint, hint)

I hope Bubba and his staff can do it.  Gotta beat those Bison!

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Iowa state has one of the best tailgate scenes in the country.

You’re completely clueless

nothing says college football tailgating like the smell of all those hog farms surrounding beautiful ames, ia blowing their manure smell down to trice stadium on a fall afternoon.

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

nothing says college football tailgating like the smell of all those hog farms surrounding beautiful ames, ia blowing their manure smell down to trice stadium on a fall afternoon.

Dude, you cheer for a team in Grand Forks, ND. People in glass houses.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Ah, kind of like Greeley, CO with the silage in the air.  

Smells like money they say.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

apparently someone is bc losing to them makes you jump about 30 spots in the polls.

The first couple weeks of the season always result in some big swings in polls as results start coming in.  This is such a dumb thing to legitimately be salty about.  They went into Iowa State, a team expecting to be a top 25 team in all of college football, and played well enough that at the end of regulation, the game was tied.  

My guess is Iowa State right now is a lot like Iowa the year NDSU beat them.  A pretty solid team that can give really good teams trouble, and can lose to some pretty "blah" teams too.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

TIL that having good TV numbers is what really matters.  That will warm my heart the next time Notre Dame has a garbage season.  "We might be terrible, but at least our TV numbers are still lights out!"  There are very few programs that will get non-alum/local viewers if they aren't any good.  

Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas.  Maybe a couple others.   

So yeah, I mean....the vast majority of people are going to watch Alabama vs. LSU, probably because that is typically a big game deep in football country with SEC/National Title implications much moreso than a Iowa State v. Northwestern non-conference game between two teams that just want to be bowl eligible most years.

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and you cheer for team in Fargo, ND. what's your point.

Which is why I wasn’t making fun of Ames.

You’re making fun of Ames as being farm country apparently. Both Fargo and Grand Forks are “farm country”, so you calling out Ames makes no sense from someone who cheers for a ND team.

Point is, you thinking Iowa State isn’t a “real” FBS team is comical, when they’ve had much more success than your favorite team lately.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

UNI went from unknown at 0-0 to somewhat known by losing on the road in 3OT to an FBS team thought to be pretty good. It seems like you assume the preseason poll was more accurate than the one after a game has been played.

31 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Because GF smells lovely with the sugar beet and spud plants lol 

29 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Which is why I wasn’t making fun of Ames.

You’re making fun of Ames as being farm country apparently. Both Fargo and Grand Forks are “farm country”, so you calling out Ames makes no sense from someone who cheers for a ND team.

Point is, you thinking Iowa State isn’t a “real” FBS team is comical, when they’ve had much more success than your favorite team lately.

not really making fun of ames...just the claim that "they have some the best tailgating in the country"....

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

your sample size must be limited to a 100 mile radius of dilworth?

We’re too far down this Rabbit hole.

Iowa State is a solid program in a P5 conference, not great, solid. 

UNI taking them to triple overtime is impressive to any objective observer and warrants a jump up in the polls.

As others have said, polls are nearly meaningless until after 4-5 weeks, so you calling out ISU as a weak program is not only incorrect, but also completely unnecessary.

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

your sample size must be limited to a 100 mile radius of dilworth?

I have had the opportunity to tailgate Ames and South Bend. I wouldn't call one of them better than the other outside of one of them being on a more scenic campus.

I suspect that you likely wouldn't go after someone for claiming South Bend is a great place to tailgate for a football game...unless you are one of the not so subtle anti-Catholic folks.

Show me on the doll where Iowa State hurt you?74804-1312_2048x.progressive.jpg?v=15427