SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

northernraider

22 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I think I stated the facts.  It was a classless move to run up the score in that situation. 

If you think NDSU makes a habit of running up the score against over-matched teams you haven't been watching them over the last few years. They're a ball-control, run out the clock offense. As a rule, they are perfectly happy to sit on leads when more points and bigger leads would be available. 

Delaware is/was a nationally-ranked team playing at home. They were perfectly capable of defending themselves against NDSU supposedly "running up the score." There is an old response to whining of this sort: If you don't like it stop them from doing it.

6 hours ago, Gothmog said:

If you think NDSU makes a habit of running up the score against over-matched teams you haven't been watching them over the last few years. They're a ball-control, run out the clock offense. As a rule, they are perfectly happy to sit on leads when more points and bigger leads would be available. 

Delaware is/was a nationally-ranked team playing at home. They were perfectly capable of defending themselves against NDSU supposedly "running up the score." There is an old response to whining of this sort: If you don't like it stop them from doing it.

“As a rule”, do they also typically run 4th down fakes in the last two minutes of a game while up by 3 scores?   Or is that a new Entz wrinkle?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

“As a rule”, do they also typically run 4th down fakes in the last two minutes of a game while up by 3 scores?   Or is that a new Entz wrinkle?

Considering this was the first time they have probably ever done that in this situation, let's just all go ahead and call it an anomaly and move on.

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Considering this was the first time they have probably ever done that in this situation, let's just all go ahead and call it an anomaly and move on.

Agreed.  It was an anomaly in very poor taste.  It’s nice to see one bison fan at least admit it. 

Too bad your bison buddies with turd colored glasses can’t call spade a spade.  

13 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Agreed.  It was an anomaly in very poor taste.  It’s nice to see one bison fan at least admit it. 

Too bad your bison buddies with turd colored glasses can’t call spade a spade.  

Yeah, and if they'd have kicked the field goal you'd be coming down on them for that. You can't expect players competing for positions to stop trying even if the score is lopsided. As I understand it, the fake kick was the result of a automatic read. The holder read fake and called that on the field.  There's nothing wrong with that. The subsequent score was on a running play. Do you expect the line to not block, or maybe the running back should have stopped at the 1 yard line?

Your argument is nothing more than a sour grapes rationalization.

55 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Yeah, and if they'd have kicked the field goal you'd be coming down on them for that. You can't expect players competing for positions to stop trying even if the score is lopsided. As I understand it, the fake kick was the result of a automatic read. The holder read fake and called that on the field.  There's nothing wrong with that. The subsequent score was on a running play. Do you expect the line to not block, or maybe the running back should have stopped at the 1 yard line?

Your argument is nothing more than a sour grapes rationalization.

Like I said in I believe my second post on this subject, if you run the fake because you want to avoid a special teams catastrophe, fine, but then you Take A Knee and run out the clock with class. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Like I said in I believe my second post on this subject, if you run the fake because you want to avoid a special teams catastrophe, fine, but then you Take A Knee and run out the clock with class. 

Easy on the word class there......easy...

• Upvote 1