SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Non-UND FCS Thread

northernraider

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I'm sure there's a lot of things you don't know about football based on your posts on this board.

The protocol for getting backup players real time snaps in a big game on the road and building confidence for what appears to be another long playoff run. I'd say the coach did just fine, thanks for your concern.

“ Real time snaps in a big game.”

lol  do you even listen to yourself ?

Less than two minutes left, the game is well in hand by three scores, and you consider those real time snaps?  

46 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I agree with this.

Being a Bison fan, obviously Entz will always get the benefit of the doubt with me, but I think it's important to consider that clock and game management is a relatively new responsibility for him. He's human, those types of decisions are made very quickly and it's easy to not get it perfect. Especially in the eyes of an opposing fan base that seems to want to make a mountain out of every mole hill when it comes to NDSU.

So Bison 73 says the exact same thing I did, yet you argue with me but agree with him. 

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

“ Real time snaps in a big game.”

lol  do you even listen to yourself ?

Less than two minutes left, the game is well in hand by three scores, and you consider those real time snaps?  

Where is this notion coming from on this board that a game somehow is over before the clock hits 0:00?

1. Getting young players in a "real game" is what I mean by real snaps. You know, like, not a practice.

2. Going on the road and playing a traditional powerhouse is absolutely a big game for NDSU and getting young players experience early in the year so they are able to contribute in the playoffs has always been a priority for the NDSU coaching staff.

So yeah, those snaps absolutely matter to develop our young players.

5 minutes ago, Kab said:

I would think this conversation would be for the bison board or any given Saturday 

‘seems like bison fans have some insecurity and need to go on other boards to boost their self confidence 

maybe some therapy would help them 

Yeah, really weird that a thread called Non-UND FCS thread, with posts talking trash about NDSU would attract NDSU fans.

4 minutes ago, Kab said:

I would think this conversation would be for the bison board or any given Saturday 

‘seems like bison fans have some insecurity and need to go on other boards to boost their self confidence 

maybe some therapy would help them 

Agreed.  UND fans make critical comments about the decisions being made by our football staff all the time,  and nobody gets their shorts in a bunch.  

But the minute someone makes a critical comment about the bison, the lurkers show up with their atomic wedgies,  running to the defense of Lord Entz.

I am really getting a kick out of how bison06 completely contradicted himself when replying to me vs his reply to bison 73.  

3 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Agreed.  UND fans make critical comments about the decisions being made by our football staff all the time,  and nobody gets their shorts in a bunch.  

But the minute someone makes a critical comment about the bison, the lurkers show up with their atomic wedgies,  running to the defense of Lord Entz.

I am really getting a kick out of how bison06 completely contradicted himself when replying to me vs his reply to bison 73.  

What you said and what bison 73 said were not the same thing. 

He acknowledged that not kneeling the ball is a decision that he personally wouldn’t make, but had no problem with the fake field goal. 

You took exception to both the fake field goal and the touchdown, while piling on to other posters who were calling it classless. I see those as different.

6 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Also, BS on the first point that people make critical comments about your coaching staff and nobody says anything. I’ve been around here long enough to know that isn’t remotely factual.

31 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Yeah, really weird that a thread called Non-UND FCS thread, with posts talking trash about NDSU would attract NDSU fans.

So you have over 1800 posts on our board as a bison fan and I have 550 posts as a und fan

you must have a lot to get off your chest 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kab said:

So you have over 1800 posts on our board as a bison fan and I have 550 posts as a und fan

you must have a lot to get off your chest 

It’s the internet, it’s not like I have to drive t grand forks to post on the message board. Not really going out of my way to be here.

I think you’ll find 99% of my posts are in Bison related topics.

6 hours ago, Bison06 said:

What you said and what bison 73 said were not the same thing. 

He acknowledged that not kneeling the ball is a decision that he personally wouldn’t make, but had no problem with the fake field goal. 

You took exception to both the fake field goal and the touchdown, while piling on to other posters who were calling it classless. I see those as different.

Bison 73 acknowledged the game was over after the fake, and said he would kneel and you agreed with him.

I said they should have kneeled after the fake, and you replied nope, those were some valuable real time snaps that the third stringers would’ve missed out on. 

:blink:

your replies are polar opposite based solely on who made the comment. Thanks for playing.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2019 at 2:09 PM, SiouxVolley said:

10-7 to scholarship Truman St.

Butler beat 2nd year start up Indiana Wesleyan in OT.

Butler and Drake are non-scholarship programs so essentially D3 programs. They are generally better than D3 based on the ability to recruit the athletes to a D1 school and everything else that offers. D2 and NAIA both offer scholarship and most schools would be better than or very competitive with Pioneer teams like Butler or Drake. These results are not unusual or reflect negatively on the Butler or Drake programs.