SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL

SiouxFan100

50 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Lest we pile on, and I'm on the record here as loving his story as 'good for ND,' I would say this about CW and stats:

INTs - could well be on him, although it's always been interesting to me that INTs are charged to the QB regardless of who's at fault (although I understand why that's done).

FUMBLES - well, he is a scrambling QB, and QB's touch on pretty much every snap, so as a function/ratio I don't quite know how to assess this, but it is definitely a ball security issue.

SACKS - unless he's making bad decisions, this is hardly his fault.

I've never felt he was super accurate in his passing, but having watched a couple of games this season, I still contend that there are few QB's I'd want to have the ball in their hands when the pocket collapses more than Wentz.  He has an uncanny ability to extend and make things happen on his feet, and that's always been one of his key assets.  Whether he can be a long-term fixture in the NFL remains to be seen.

I don’t get the hate for him by some. He is one of our own. But some hate anything associated with the Bison. It’s tough for this uncle to read and hear the media talking about him currently but a lot of it is deserved. He’s never been super accurate but he is better out of the pocket. Not sure why Pederson doesn’t call more plays for him to do that. He struggles tomorrow night and Hurts comes in and somehow does well then things will be like when Foles took over. Time will tell 

17 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Stopped watching the vikes game after the fumbled punt with about two minutes left. See that they won - wow.

had to make it interesting though with the missed game winning field goal attempt 

I went back to the Red Zone figuring it was done too. Then they showed the Carolina field goal and I said there’s still a chance. What a game and good for Beebe 

Hell of a job there from Rhule with clock management to give the Vikings the shot to win. Basically screwed it up twice with the 2 straight incompletions although both were kinda drops at 2:26 and 2:23 before the punt saving the 2 minute warning and the Vikings final timeout. Then the incompletion on 3rd and goal saving some more time. I thought he should've just went for it on 4th and goal from the 3 rather than taking the field goal. Either you get the TD or the Vikes have to go 97 yards for the lead.

The other big play was the blocked 28 yard field goal from Wonnum.

I was actually fine with the Vikings losing because as much as I'd like to see them go on a run I don't see it. Probably finish 8-8 just outside of the playoffs and right around 17-18 in draft order. Still felt weird as a Vikings fan you are used to heartbreak and kinda brace for it but I don't know if I've ever been more confident that a kicker wasn't making the kick than on that game winning attempt. 

9 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Really? Wentz is not starting? 

he is...but they will be running plays with hurts at qb and wentz on the sidelines instead of swinging him out wide...they wanna see what hurts can do with a "normal" set of offensive players instead of wentz just trotting out at wr...

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

sounds like the wentz era in philly ends tonight

I looked into the contract situation for Philly in regards to Wentz..... essentially, they are screwed.  If they cut him in the next 2 years, the cap hit is around $77mil....they have no choice but to keep him.  I think Wentz can be a good qb in the NFL, but he needs to go somewhere and sit behind a quality veteren for a year or two to learn

15 minutes ago, 1972 said:

I looked into the contract situation for Philly in regards to Wentz..... essentially, they are screwed.  If they cut him in the next 2 years, the cap hit is around $77mil....they have no choice but to keep him.  I think Wentz can be a good qb in the NFL, but he needs to go somewhere and sit behind a quality veteren for a year or two to learn

that was a lot of money for a guy that couldn't stay on the field....they'll traded him to somewhere like jax or denver

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

that was a lot of money for a guy that couldn't stay on the field....they'll traded him to somewhere like jax or denver

Yeah I looked at that as well...still kills Philly with the cap.  I had thought about where a trade may make sense, and as much as I hate it, the Steelers may be a good fit, if Ben plays for a couple more years, and Wentz would be willing to sit and learn...but alot of things would have to happen for that to work

2 minutes ago, 1972 said:

Yeah I looked at that as well...still kills Philly with the cap.  I had thought about where a trade may make sense, and as much as I hate it, the Steelers may be a good fit, if Ben plays for a couple more years, and Wentz would be willing to sit and learn...but alot of things would have to happen for that to work

big ben will still be slingin' it for at least 5 more years imo

28 minutes ago, 1972 said:

I dont see why he would benefit from being on the bench for full seasons. 

I think he needs an off-season more than just about anyone in the league, but I dont see some significant benefit from sitting on the bench during prime years.  Not sure what he'd learn from a veteran being in front of him. I dont think there has ever been a knock on his preparation or work ethic or anything like that.

Still has a strong arm, moves around well enough. Just a bad bad year over in Philly that can't get over soon enough. I can't imagine him going anywhere, would be bizarre for Philly to cut him and they arent going to be high enough in the draft to get one of the franchise dudes, and even if they did, they still have a ton of huge issues on that team that aren't fixed by replacing him. 

2 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I dont see why he would benefit from being on the bench for full seasons. 

I think he needs an off-season more than just about anyone in the league, but I dont see some significant benefit from sitting on the bench during prime years.  Not sure what he'd learn from a veteran being in front of him. I dont think there has ever been a knock on his preparation or work ethic or anything like that.

Still has a strong arm, moves around well enough. Just a bad bad year over in Philly that can't get over soon enough. I can't imagine him going anywhere, would be bizarre for Philly to cut him and they arent going to be high enough in the draft to get one of the franchise dudes, and even if they did, they still have a ton of huge issues on that team that aren't fixed by replacing him. 

Alot of truth to that....I have watched the last couple games for Carson, and it seems like he thinks he has to do everything all the time, Wich is causing him to make some very freshman-like mistakes...trying to gun it down the field into double/triple coverage, missing easy check downs to TE and RB for easy first down pick ups, throwing off of his back foot, panicking in the pocket, bailingvtoo soon to the run, holding on to the ball to long.....the kid just looks lost, like he is completely fooled by every defense he sees.   

If that isn't proof that Hurts is better than Wentz I don't know what is.  Hurts is 1 for 1 passing in one play, Wentz comes back and he's on the ground right away.    Time to pack it in Wentz, it's over.   And no I don't dislike the guy because he's a Bison, Wentz just doesn't have it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Well....he better hurry up and shine, or else he is gonna be shinning the bench...looks pretty rough tonight

• Upvote 2