SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Fall Camp

MoSiouxFan

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

Yes, he's on the team. Very athletic. Good size for DB. Still learning the playbook. He should factor in playing time somewhere on the field this fall.

Since we seem to have some decent depth at DB, would be nice to not have to pull the shirt on Fort? 

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Since we seem to have some decent depth at DB, would be nice to not have to pull the shirt on Fort? 

I say the same thing year after year, unless a True Freshman is locked in on the two deep and a considerable upgrade over the 5th guy, I think it'd be foolish to pull his shirt. Now that they can play 4 games, I feel that way 10-fold. I was surprised that it almost feels (based on early articles) that Fort will have it pulled, considering who they have at CB. Especially considering the early reports on Siegel and looking at the CB position in general. Outside of WR, CB is the only other position where depth seems like it's a complete non-issue (hopefully), I guess you never know, but as it stands right now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

From the Herald article the photo of Noah reminds me of Hendrickson. Hopefully he will be that good and even better! The defense this year looks as good as ever with only one position light on depth (NG)

On 8/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, nodak651 said:

Is there a reason so many on the OL lost weight?  I don't know football well enough... Could the OL coach, freund, and the strength coach have planned for this, so the lineman can be quicker/faster?  Are lineman in passing offenses normally smaller?  What the hell was our strength coach doing?  If this wasn't on purpose, it's rather alarming.

Different coach, different approach. From what I've heard it was absolutely intentional. Road graders aren't very mobile, but I'm gonna play the 'wait and see' game on this one.

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Have they had McKinney fielding punts?  I'd think he would be a great returner just like Dressler and Santiago, as long as he is sure handed enough and confident enough to field them under pressure. 

He is 1 of 5 vying for the spot.  I say it goes to Fort.  

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

From the Herald article the photo of Noah reminds me of Hendrickson. Hopefully he will be that good and even better! The defense this year looks as good as ever with only one position light on depth (NG)

Hands down better. Enjoy this kid’s next three years. He’s a good one 

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Fort is a special player.  He is ready now.  Has the size, foot mechanics,  speed, hips, quickness and field awareness.  IMO ...no way they keep his shirt on.  Very mature for a true fresh. 

11 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Any news on Jeremie Doninique (Transfer from Hawaii)? Havnt heard anything on him and figured he would push for playing time this year? Still on team?

Teeder has already responded and agree with his assessment.  I would guess he is maybe in the 3 deep. Holm and blubaugh starters , Fort (most talented) and Siegel next with Odom and Dominique.  Be interesting to see what the coaches do. 

2 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Fort is a special player.  He is ready now.  Has the size, foot mechanics,  speed, hips, quickness and field awareness.  IMO ...no way they keep his shirt on.  Very mature for a true fresh. 

Was at Saturday and Sundays practice.  Doubt pull his shirt unless they have to.  Jennings and Odom look very good as well.  Fort is going to be a steal but not as polished as some on here would make you think.  Will be way better in year 5 than year 1.

Ket hands down threw the best ball but are ok behind him.  As many have said receiver is deep.  I do not know much about O line but they did not look small.  McKinney and Siegel will get a shot at returning punts both have quick twitch on first step. If the shirt is pulled on Fort he will have enough other things to think about as a true. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Norhsidepride said:

Was at Saturday and Sundays practice.  Doubt pull his shirt unless they have to.  Jennings and Odom look very good as well.  Fort is going to be a steal but not as polished as some on here would make you think.  Will be way better in year 5 than year 1.

Ket hands down threw the best ball but are ok behind him.  As many have said receiver is deep.  I do not know much about O line but they did not look small.  McKinney and Siegel will get a shot at returning punts both have quick twitch on first step. If the shirt is pulled on Fort he will have enough other things to think about as a true. 

Fort wasn’t a steal .....had numerous D1 offers.....including the “almighty” buffalos.  My feeling is you put the best talent out in the field.  Santiago and Grady had their shirts pulled and were the difference makers that year.  Fort is a difference maker IMO.   Major asset to the ST crew and cb position.   

• Upvote 2

Looking for insights on the ol weight 

less weight so they can pull more?? Less weight for a little more stamina with hurry up and faster pace??  Any other advantages??

less weight means less power up the middle??  If pace doesn’t work are we sol??

I was unfamiliar with zone blocking as talked about in this thread. 

Definition I found:

Zone blocking is a running scheme in which the offensive linemen block gaps, rather than a power blocking scheme where each lineman is responsible for a specific defender. The offensive line typically flows to one side of the field in unison, with blockingresponsibilities developing as the players move in concert

thanks in advance 

6 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Think synchronized swimming, but without water, and no nose plugs nor sparkling water leotards, but with 290 lb guys on their feet, with pads, and no crappy music either, and 1000x less gay.  Zone blocking can be just as pretty though when executed correctly.  So the 2 are pretty much the same thing besides some of the minor things I pointed out.

Sparkling leotards could be an interesting distraction tactic. :D

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

For all the crap we give Bubba on here about recruiting, etc, nice job on getting this guy.

Looking for big things from Larson, Rodgers, Turner, Lawrence, Haas and the rest of the LB.  Defense should be fun to watch this season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

For all the crap we give Bubba on here about recruiting, etc, nice job on getting this guy.

Looking for big things from Larson, Rodgers, Turner, Lawrence, Haas and the rest of the LB.  Defense should be fun to watch this season.

Not to mention Bennett on the DL and all the young ball hawks in the secondary. I suppose it won’t be long before we’ll start seeing the pro scouts at Fall camp, scoping out #55. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Not to mention Bennett on the DL and all the young ball hawks in the secondary. I suppose it won’t be long before we’ll start seeing the pro scouts at Fall camp, scoping out #55. 

If he doesn't land an nfl gig.  It would be really cool if winnipeg takes him with another first round pick.  Would help to maybe draw some canadian interest to UND football when they are down shopping, and vice versa. 

Was talking to a parent last weekend and she went through the football time commitment and expectations players have during the fall camp. Wow! I knew it was a lot but it is virtually all day every day.

I wanted to again thank the players. As a fan I need that gentle reminder to appreciate the good and not get too down on them for the bad.

any former players out there willing to give insights on the mental and physical stress of fall camp?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

The CB position is the biggest improvement this program has made since 2008. For a while it seemed we couldn’t find a decent DB through HS recruiting. Then Deion was an All American, now we are a legit 6 deep at CB. 6 years ago we weren’t even 1 deep with legit players at that position. They’ve done a great job recently of finding and getting quality athletes out there.

35 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Was talking to a parent last weekend and she went through the football time commitment and expectations players have during the fall camp. Wow! I knew it was a lot but it is virtually all day every day.

I wanted to again thank the players. As a fan I need that gentle reminder to appreciate the good and not get too down on them for the bad.

any former players out there willing to give insights on the mental and physical stress of fall camp?

Fall camp is a crucible.

• Upvote 1