SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Fall Camp

MoSiouxFan

15 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Have been looking forward to this post from UND360! I'm not saying this will be the best team of the Bubba era, but I mentioned before, although there are holes that need to be addressed, I do think going into fall camp this year will have the fewest.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

When is the first day of fall camp? I’m looking forward to seeing the full roster. 

Think I read somewhere that players report on July 31st, first day of camp being 08/02.

I'm guessing we'll see an updated full roster on 08/01.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Have been looking forward to this post from UND360! I'm not saying this will be the best team of the Bubba era, but I mentioned before, although there are holes that need to be addressed, I do think going into fall camp this year will have the fewest.

Love the starters for the team.  The depth or lack thereof is concerning for me at quite a few positions.  If they can remain relatively healthy ....I believe they have a good chance of knocking off some quality teams this year.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Possible Ott still returns in the future?

How bad of a knee injury was it? if it was just an ACL he should be back to 100% within a year with proper rehab. I had my ACL totally redone in 2016 and the knee is so good that I sometimes forget which knee I had surgery on. I am not 19 and in game shape lol.

14 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

How bad of a knee injury was it? if it was just an ACL he should be back to 100% within a year with proper rehab. I had my ACL totally redone in 2016 and the knee is so good that I sometimes forget which knee I had surgery on. I am not 19 and in game shape lol.

If I’m not mistaken he blew out his other knee in High school.   Both knees have been torn.  

A lot of stress on the knees at the DE position when considering every play the guy across from you leans his 300+lb body on and your trying to get edge positioning.  

16 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

If I’m not mistaken he blew out his other knee in High school.   Both knees have been torn.  

A lot of stress on the knees at the DE position when considering every play the guy across from you leans his 300+lb body on and your trying to get edge positioning.  

Some people just have fragile knees and/or are too big and explosive for a normal knee to handle.

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Ahhh yeah that changes things. Bummer deal because he had a lot of potential.

22 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Really liked seeing two names that haven't been discussed often on this board. (1) Steven Keech (DE) (2) Kadon Kauppinen (S). Love hearing about as they put it, wildcard guys. One other line I really liked is about C.J. Siegel pushing for a starting job. He'd be a big time talent if Siegel can hold his own as a Freshman with Holm and Blubaugh.

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, AJS said:

Just based on coaching (i.e., Danny Freund), this will be the best team during the Bubba era. Now, that doesn’t mean they will be the most successful team (that is, coaching doesn’t mean this team will have the most wins). 

This team undoubtedly has the most difficult schedule to date during the Bubba era and has to ultimately execute on Saturdays. But, no excuses; to be the best you have to beat the best.

Think of it as starting out in the playoffs right away! 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, AJS said:

Really liked seeing two names that haven't been discussed often on this board. (1) Steven Keech (DE) (2) Kadon Kauppinen (S). Love hearing about as they put it, wildcard guys. One other line I really liked is about C.J. Siegel pushing for a starting job. He'd be a big time talent if Siegel can hold his own as a Freshman with Holm and Blubaugh.

Keech was a VERY unheralded recruit. Kids huge already and tough as nails. 

29 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Keech was a VERY unheralded recruit. Kids huge already and tough as nails. 

Just hope that the size and toughness translates into success on the field and he can make an impact if called upon. 

This is what I'm expecting of Orlando next year.  

1 minute ago, Hambone said:

Just hope that the size and toughness translates into success on the field and he can make an impact if called upon. 

This is what I'm expecting of Orlando next year.  

We need those young DL to contribute from day 1. Exciting, but it also makes me a little uneasy. Hope my gut feeling on them is right.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Just based on coaching (i.e., Danny Freund), this will be the best team during the Bubba era. Now, that doesn’t mean they will be the most successful team (that is, coaching doesn’t mean this team will have the most wins). 

This team undoubtedly has the most difficult schedule to date during the Bubba era and has to ultimately execute on Saturdays. But, no excuses; to be the best you have to beat the best.

Think of it as starting out in the playoffs right away! 

I agree this could be our best team under Bubba.  Instead of opposing defenses calling out our plays our QB, Kett, will now be making calls and decisions to expose weaknesses in the defense.  This instantly makes the team better in measurable ways, but also mentally.  We need to build the offense and confidence throughout the year, not drive it into the ground to lay an epic egg in the last game of the year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I agree this could be our best team under Bubba.  Instead of opposing defenses calling out our plays our QB, Kett, will now be making calls and decisions to expose weaknesses in the defense.  This instantly makes the team better in measurable ways, but also mentally.  We need to build the offense and confidence throughout the year, not drive it into the ground to lay an epic egg in the last game of the year.

I am very curious to see how Freund manages tempo. How conscious is he going to be about putting together some longer drives to help the defense? I still have nightmares of the last few Mussman offenses going 3 and out in 45 seconds and screwing over the defense. 

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I am very curious to see how Freund manages tempo. How conscious is he going to be about putting together some longer drives to help the defense? I still have nightmares of the last few Mussman offenses going 3 and out in 45 seconds and screwing over the defense. 

I am sure we'll have a few quick 3 and outs but the good teams/offenses don't have many.  With Mussman, we also had the slowest linebackers and cornerbacks/safeties since the 60's.  We went to battle with some terrible football players.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I am sure we'll have a few quick 3 and outs but the good teams/offenses don't have many.  With Mussman, we also had the slowest linebackers and cornerbacks/safeties since the 60's.  We went to battle with some terrible football players.

It wasn’t a recipe for success. I’ll never forget when Montana motioned their best RB out wide and maybe our slowest LB went out there with him on an island. It was a 50something yard TD pass. That game was a massacre.

• Upvote 1