SiouxSports.com Forum

Goodbye to a SiouxSports Friend * Godspeed, sprig

MafiaMan

The last couple of years, I got to know him better just in passing at the games. He also went to the Sioux Sports Get together at the Hogger during the conference tourney's. Nice guy. I am saddened by this news today. I just talked to him at the last series of the season. Today is a sad day. 

Just had some communication with sprig a couple weeks ago. Definitely one of the good guys to ever grace this site. He'll be missed here and at all the UND athletic events he attended. Huge loss to the UND community.

On 1/13/2017 at 11:45 AM, MafiaMan said:

IMG_1924_zpsgcegxprx.jpg

sprig is in the back on the far left in this photo - his granddaughter took home the grand prize raffle Sioux bean bag boards that day.  One of my favorite Hogg get-togethers of all-time.  UND lost the Friday semi-final (again) in the NCHC tournament and we were all bummed out at this event on Saturday morning.  We're all smiling, though - almost like we KNEW that North Dakota would roll to the NCAA title two weeks later...  

• Upvote 3

On any board there's always a few guys who you read every post they make, because you consider their take on things worth your time. Back when I posted here a lot sprig was one of those guys. Prayers out to his loved ones.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Wow.
I was introduced to Tim once and didn't know he was 'sprig'. 

My condolences. 

14 minutes ago, jodcon said:

On any board there's always a few guys who you read every post they make, because you consider their take on things worth your time. Back when I posted here a lot sprig was one of those guys. Prayers out to his loved ones.

The first time I ever ran into Blackheart in Mankato, I believe the conversation went something like this:

B:  Hey, are you on SiouxSports.com?

MM:  I might be.  

B:  What's your handle on there?

MM:  Well, that depends.  

B:  On what?

MM:  Well, if you think I'm an OK poster, I'm MafiaMan.  If you think that guy's a total idiot, then I'm sprig.  

B:  :lol:

I'm pretty sure I used that line on more than just Blackheart too. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The first time I ever ran into Blackheart in Mankato, I believe the conversation went something like this:

MM:  Well, if you think I'm an OK poster, I'm MafiaMan.  If you think that guy's a total idiot, then I'm sprig.  

:lol:  Reminds me of using your buddies name when talking to out-of-town girls, did that a few times in my younger days. Apparently sprig had a good sense of humor also to be drawn into your larks.

Our tickets for the Frozen Faceoff (when at the Target Center) were just a few seats away from sprig and his group.  He would always make a point to come over during intermission and talk.  Very nice man...he will be missed.

RIP sprig. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Thanks For the jog down memory lane there MM.

i was lucky enough to meet the Sprig at one of the Hoggsbreath brunches...great guy, had a dry sense of humor.  Got his contact info from Mafiaman a while back and would make a point of seeking him out before games and during intermissions at REA whenever I was up for a series.  

Big loss for the Sioux family.

RIP Sprig!  You were one of the good guys!

• Upvote 1