SiouxSports.com Forum

ITS OVER!!!

AJS

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

But to say we should all feel positive about an almost universally bad season on the ice is a bit much to ask.

Given how well you handled playoff losses under Hak’s tenure, I’d imagine the past two years must have you pulling hair out of your head.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Yeah, this is no different than high school sports ("all about teaching life lessons" and "all about the relationships"). (sarcasm) :silly::angry::(

This mentality has infected all of our programs. And as long as it is in place, we will win nothing of significance ever again. #hadenoughyet?

Who’s mentality do you speak of? 

As a fan, mine and yours, and everyone else  on this forum, our mentalities have zero effect on the outcomes of games and seasons.

Don’t make the jump of a fan’s mentality vs a mentality of a program trying to make this point as your opinion is likely far from fact. I’m sure you’ve been in the locker room all year to know too. (What did you call this? Oh yeah, sarcasm)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I am also done being negative. The players gave it all but the coach’s need to implement systems to help the players succeed. Instill some discipline and maybe a different offensive scheme and power play and we get the output we need.

Agreed.

At the end of the day....it's better luck next year.  That's all it is.  Team greatly underperformed but I guess that does happen.

45 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I can accept a bad season or two but what is really hard to accept is the lack of talent we seem to be missing. There really is no excuse for that. 

What reasons for a bad season or two are you willing to accept?  Good talent but poor work ethic?  Good talent but bad coaching?

Just now, TheFlop said:

Don't really blame Hennesy and even the Hons Twitter rant.  They make a living/partial living by schmoozing the UND hockey team.  Not much different than Paul Allen and the Vikings.  

They have a lot in common, that’s for sure.  If you are being objective you would have to say that hard work will most likely be successful more often than not if players have enough talent and are put in a position by coaches to be successful.  Either we don’t have the talent or the talent we have isn’t put in the position to succeed, either way, that is the coaches responsibility.

34 minutes ago, burd said:

What reasons for a bad season or two are you willing to accept?  Good talent but poor work ethic?  Good talent but bad coaching?

Reasons that you can’t always be on top. Reasons that you have good talent that leave early. Reasons that things don’t always go your way. However when you just don’t have talent coming in that points to something else. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Reasons that you can’t always be on top. Reasons that you have good talent that leave early. Reasons that things don’t always go your way. However when you just don’t have talent coming in that points to something else. 

Bottom line...the program seems to be regressing instead of progressing over the last 3 years.

• Upvote 2

...and since Brad won’t touch this, 10 goal scorers each year since 2004-2005 have been 6,6,6,4,6,6,6,5,5,4,6 and under Berry 7, 4,4, and 1 this year, and that one only came about because of an overtime goal last weekend.

We had a few years there when guys like Parks and Macmillan were key players that we weren’t overly talented, but still managed quite a few guys that could get to ten goals.

2 hours ago, tnt said:

Goals scored have gone down each year under Berry. 162, 127, 117, to 93 this year.  The further away from the Hakstol era, the worse things are getting.  That is a pretty significant decline to just blame on puck luck.

Interesting stat.  69 fewer goals than the natty season.  

2 hours ago, tnt said:

...and since Brad won’t touch this, 10 goal scorers each year since 2004-2005 have been 6,6,6,4,6,6,6,5,5,4,6 and under Berry 7, 4,4, and 1 this year, and that one only came about because of an overtime goal last weekend.

We had a few years there when guys like Parks and Macmillan were key players that we weren’t overly talented, but still managed quite a few guys that could get to ten goals.

That might be the most telling stat I’ve seen about the last few years. I don’t think its just lack of talent either like some are saying. I mean a guy like Mismash, who was a point per game player for the U-18s, isn’t even sniffing that kind of production here. Hoff and Adams were both high end offensive talents in the USHL and they can barely stay in the lineup. I don’t know what the answer is but that just doesn’t add up to me 

• Upvote 1