SiouxSports.com Forum

ITS OVER!!!

AJS

32 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

These ARE kids. In college. Yes we all want them to win but it’s not the end of the world. Tough season we won’t soon forget but hopefully bright things are on the way. 

Yes, and as bad as things went at times, they still put forth the effort, which gives me hope.  I think the coaches have things they need to figure out, because one 10 goal scorer isn’t a reflection of the offensive talent of some of these guys.

• Upvote 1

Just now, brianvf said:

Tough season.
For both the players and us fans.

Some definite changes need to be made.  Whether that be to the coaching staff or to the roster (or both), something needs to happen so as not to get to 3 years of missing the postseason.

...and it doesn’t help that it coincides with one of the most brutal winters weather wise as well!

• Upvote 1

Just now, brianvf said:

I'm in AZ now, so things are ok down here.  ;):D 

So, I don’t suppose you got stuck with Regional tickets for the second year in a row either.  They may be killing the Golden Goose with these last two years, because don’t know if I want to go down that road again, and imagine others have reservations as well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, tnt said:

So, I don’t suppose you got stuck with Regional tickets for the second year in a row either.  They may be killing the Golden Goose with these last two years, because don’t know if I want to go down that road again, and imagine others have reservations as well.

Not regional, but I did renew our Frozen Faceoff ticket packages again (we fly back each year for that), so those will be a waste...as we won't fly back if UND isn't there and won't be able to sell those since it'll be 90% empty.

What does bother me is hearing Berry talking about guys like Scheel and Jones and others being hurt, but then saying they don’t make excuses.  I am sure Denver would have liked to have Larson the whole first half as well.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Not kids.  18-24...just like 1/4 of most NHL rosters and 75% of boots in harms way.

33 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yes, and as bad as things went at times, they still put forth the effort, which gives me hope.  I think the coaches have things they need to figure out, because one 10 goal scorer isn’t a reflection of the offensive talent of some of these guys.

Agree, meaning we need a new coach.

16 minutes ago, tnt said:

What does bother me is hearing Berry talking about guys like Scheel and Jones and others being hurt, but then saying they don’t make excuses.  I am sure Denver would have liked to have Larson the whole first half as well.

Great point, it is surely double-speak.  

24 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Yup, barely finished over .500 but got better as the season went on (unlike some other ND university D-1 team) to win conf tourney and qualify for the NCAA. 

And for all that they get a smackdown from Duke coming up.  Noone will care or remember 16th seed NDSU Bison.

19 hours ago, brianvf said:

...but I did renew our Frozen Faceoff ticket packages again (we fly back each year for that), so those will be a waste...as we won't fly back if UND isn't there and won't be able to sell those since it'll be 90% empty.

You won’t be able to sell them, but I’d happily take them off your hands so you can feel good about someone using them!  Think of it as a charitable donation.  Besides, it’ll give me a few days off from tearing up my basement thanks to it flooding early Thursday morning.  :(