SiouxSports.com Forum

2019-2020 Season

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

I wonder if there is another DI program in the entire country that doesn't play a single non-conference DI opponent in their home venue?

Chicago St has four DI non conference home games:  

Northern Illinois, Oral Roberts, Jacksonville St, and  Loyola (MD)

Chicago St does not have money to give guarantees, but is a major recruiting center and is convenient for many schools.

4 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

chaves....................................how does this happen.

Ask him yourself: william.chaves@UND.edu

And here is the UND Alumni Association and Foundation "Contact Us" page where you can submit a comment on why with historic fundraising numbers, athletics continues to operate with a bargain-basement, shoestring budget. I have a very hard time believing that our alumni don't care about athletics and aren't interested in donating to upgrade our facilities and overall budget. Good academics/research and good athletics are not mutually exclusive.

In short, we are rapidly becoming Rutgers with hockey. I think we are capable of much, much more as an athletic department and as a university.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Ask him yourself: william.chaves@UND.edu

And here is the UND Alumni Association and Foundation "Contact Us" page where you can submit a comment on why with historic fundraising numbers, athletics continues to operate with a bargain-basement, shoestring budget. I have a very hard time believing that our alumni don't care about athletics and aren't interested in donating to upgrade our facilities and overall budget. Good academics/research and good athletics are not mutually exclusive.

I'm hoping you finally took the time to contact him yourself since your silence was defeaning the other day when you skipped answering my question. 

Schedule is out.  https://fightinghawks.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Non conference games against the Zags, Gophers, Huskers, and"Dunk City" Florida Gulf Coast.  Also some former Big Sky foes. 

Also, the Bison game at the SHAC just got a little better!! https://gobison.com/news/2019/10/1/general-ndsu-to-offer-fan-improvements-in-scheels-center-for-basketball-and-wrestling.aspx

21 minutes ago, Dagger said:

We sell beer at Alerus and Ralph. Property not owned by UND. I.didn’t think North Dakota universities could sell beer on university land. Isn’t Shaq on NDSU property?  

I believe the only actual restriction is that, per NDUS policy, the universities may not hold a liquor licence. So alcohol can be served on university property as long as someone else is doing the selling. (In this case, BWW.)

4 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Hard for me to believe.  Coaching/culture change should be worth a top half finish ar minimum IMO....

I think it will be wide open again.  The top 3 will be good but they won't be world beaters.  

Prove the prognosticators wrong: Omaha was picked near the bottom last year, look where they finished.  I would have personally gone

NDSU

USD

ORU

SDSU

UND

Omaha

IPFW

WIU

DU

13 hours ago, hoops44 said:

Coaching change and culture...whatever that’s supposed to mean and quantify...means next to nothing compared to talent and coaching.  See how sather recruits and coaches..and give him 3 years to make his mark

Don’t you think a coach likely deserves 4? That’s been my thought process with college coaches just to have one full class. Obviously if it’s a disaster adjust accordingly. 

On 10/8/2019 at 9:22 PM, sioux24/7 said:

Don’t you think a coach likely deserves 4? That’s been my thought process with college coaches just to have one full class. Obviously if it’s a disaster adjust accordingly. 

After 3 one can evaluate what the program has done and project out to the 4th year ..recruiting and player evaluation ability and coaching skills should be apparent after 3