SiouxSports.com Forum

2019-2020 Season

SWSiouxMN

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Someone posted late last night that they had heard there were some morale challenges within the men's BB team.  The post must have then been deleted.  Whoever posted this, PM me and we can "compare notes".

Is that really surprising?  These guys are probably being held accountable at all times now......

• Upvote 2

I was listening to 1440 guys the other morning &  Ralston said people have been asking him about a finalized schedule.  From what he said- was that they were very close to the finish line...when things had a substantial wrench thrown into the non-conference schedule. The way I read it was that it wasn’t going to be great for the good guys.  He said he felt bad for all involved working on it...as I took it as mostly out of their control.  He also said that Chaves was looking forward to addressing it the next time he would be on to give a detailed look behind the curtain.  That’s why he didn’t get too detailed then.  Sounds like the scheduling woes could continue, if I read what he was saying right. Curious to see how things shake out.

26 minutes ago, the green team said:

I was listening to 1440 guys the other morning &  Ralston said people have been asking him about a finalized schedule.  From what he said- was that they were very close to the finish line...when things had a substantial wrench thrown into the non-conference schedule. The way I read it was that it wasn’t going to be great for the good guys.  He said he felt bad for all involved working on it...as I took it as mostly out of their control.  He also said that Chaves was looking forward to addressing it the next time he would be on to give a detailed look behind the curtain.  That’s why he didn’t get too detailed then.  Sounds like the scheduling woes could continue, if I read what he was saying right. Curious to see how things shake out.

I don’t like the sound of this........

22 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

My take was they took some hits on this year's schedule, however it will be made up for over the next couple years. So, don't expect much this year but the future is brighter. 

The only problem is that since this program has been division 1, that has been a common refrain.  Yes, the plan may to have better scheduling, but it will never work out that way. Even when there is conference v. conference scheduling (Big Sky v Summit, Summit v WAC, Summit v. Horizon) other teams can just buy it out and not come here which will leave us with a steady diet of Nothland/Mayville State/Crown/Presentation Colleges. And maybe a 3 for 1...which if you ask me is ridiculous unless it’s a real big timer. -UNI doesn’t qualify for me...at worst 2 for 1 with them.  Non appealing home non conference contests  is what I’ve come to expect and to be quite honest, I have made my peace with it. Doesn’t mean I’m not going to go to games.  It’s the reality of where we are. Promising in the future schedule really means nothing.   nearly all schools have the ability to buy things out...except us.  That’s the reality of where we are at, for the foreseeable future. I hope I’m wrong...but I’m guessing any school that says they will come here in 2 years time etc...will be nowhere near the schedule when we finally get there:

• Downvote 1

17 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Can’t be any worse then other years

Would think a group of people could pull some strings and call in favors to make these games actually happen. Or get the right people in place to make things happen. You know, a connected group of people. Like a “good old boys club”. 

%gobc

Looked at the bison home schedule and I think they have 3 d1 schools coming in

they have some naia locals coming in too

dont know why we can’t get a similar schedule or try get those teams to do 2 games up here and then a return to them

one bison game is Montana so that’s probably the big sky challenge 

4 hours ago, northernraider said:

One poster previously mentioned Air Force Academy. Seems like a great idea for the Ralph if tickets swaths of tickets available for Minot AFB, Grand Forks AFB, and Cavalier AFS personnel. 

If all of the Cavalier AFS personnel are at a basketball game who will watch the Russians?

image.thumb.png.a8f6eff1b167d1a797057d8cada0eb4c.png

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 4:26 PM, Kab said:

Looked at the bison home schedule and I think they have 3 d1 schools coming in

they have some naia locals coming in too

dont know why we can’t get a similar schedule or try get those teams to do 2 games up here and then a return to them

one bison game is Montana so that’s probably the big sky challenge 

Well, since the Fargo "Metro" is now on par with Minneapolis, they can do whatever they want, right? (sarcasm) :silly:

Seriously though, the scheduling has to improve. Northland Community College has no business being on our schedule. And I would say that even if we were still D-II.

But of course, it's all about keeping more of the gate. So we just keep doing what we do. Because it's "all about the relationships" and "all about teaching life lessons". :silly:

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2019 at 10:47 PM, the green team said:

The only problem is that since this program has been division 1, that has been a common refrain.  Yes, the plan may to have better scheduling, but it will never work out that way. Even when there is conference v. conference scheduling (Big Sky v Summit, Summit v WAC, Summit v. Horizon) other teams can just buy it out and not come here which will leave us with a steady diet of Nothland/Mayville State/Crown/Presentation Colleges. And maybe a 3 for 1...which if you ask me is ridiculous unless it’s a real big timer. -UNI doesn’t qualify for me...at worst 2 for 1 with them.  Non appealing home non conference contests  is what I’ve come to expect and to be quite honest, I have made my peace with it. Doesn’t mean I’m not going to go to games.  It’s the reality of where we are. Promising in the future schedule really means nothing.   nearly all schools have the ability to buy things out...except us.  That’s the reality of where we are at, for the foreseeable future. I hope I’m wrong...but I’m guessing any school that says they will come here in 2 years time etc...will be nowhere near the schedule when we finally get there:

This is the attitude that is holding our entire athletic program back. Just accept mediocrity and shut up about it. Well, I will not do that. And the more of us that refuse to accept mediocrity, the better. That is what will help get the administration to stop running athletics like a high school.

• Upvote 1