SiouxSports.com Forum

2019-2020 Season

SWSiouxMN

On 8/6/2019 at 1:45 PM, UND Fan said:

This hasn't been announced by either school but we play in a three game tourney at FGCU at the end of November.

Georgia Southern and Campbell will also be in the tourney.  Link for additional info:

https://fgcuathletics.com/news/2019/8/8/mens-basketball-fgcu-mbb-announces-thanksgiving-weekend-tournament-roster-updates.aspx

and a trip to EWU in December:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/aug/07/gonzaga-highlights-eastern-washingtons-2019-2020-n/%3famp-content=amp

42 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

If we are at Montana and at EWU, who is our home game in the Summit/Big Sky agreement?

Trying to organize the non-conference schedule a little bit..............

• TBA vs Seattle U
  • 12-7 vs Crown College (Exh)
  • 11-12 @ Gonzaga
  • 11-19 @ Milwaukee
  • 11-30 @ FGCU 
  • 11-31 vs Georgia Southern @ FGCU
  • 12-1 vs Campbell @ FGCU
  • 12-6 @ Montana
  • 12-8 @ Eastern Washington

I am a little confused about the EWU game.  According the original press release for the Summit/Big Sky Challenge, EWU should be playing in Grand Forks this season.  However they have the game listed as a home game on the EWU website.  Given the fact that we play in Missoula two days prior, that would sort of make sense.  Are we not getting a Big Sky team in the Betty this year?

21 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Once again a zero interesting home non-conference game. I know it will be difficult to attract a major program to play in Grand Forks, but could at least up the mid-major game a bit. 

As inherently difficult as it is to get interesting opponents to come to Grand Forks, the move to the Summit League made non conference scheduling tougher in general.   Since there are fewer teams in the Summit, we need to find more games than we used to, and any potential opponents are now farther away.......

• Upvote 3

I've been disappointed with the strength program for the basketball team. The team never seems to add much size during offseasons. I'm not saying they should look like linebackers but seeing young players with very little gains from after a year or two is not a recipe for success. 

On 8/31/2019 at 11:50 AM, Feff said:

I've been disappointed with the strength program for the basketball team. The team never seems to add much size during offseasons. I'm not saying they should look like linebackers but seeing young players with very little gains from after a year or two is not a recipe for success. 

We have a new regime in charge. Let's wait and see what happens over the next couple of years.