SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

On 6/28/2019 at 7:42 AM, MafiaMan said:

Hey, @Taz Boy and those of you who love Fighting Sioux hockey and the old logo...I'm surprised I don't see some of your names in the "Mystery Raffle," as I'm certain you'd like one of the four prizes!  

I didn't know about the mystery raffle.  Is beer one of the prizes?

On 6/27/2019 at 12:29 PM, geaux_sioux said:

Brad Berry has shown terrible leadership on this topic. He should take notes from Bubba.

6th year - a .500 coach with no playoff wins - but hey - what a great logo guy.  Personally, I loved the Fighting Sioux but saw that we had to change.  I'm not very excited about being "The Fighting Hawks" but I can live with it.  I can't abide by the new logo though and really have a tough time wearing a poor man's Post Office logo.  If I could make one change it would be to get a decent logo design - people would be much more likely to adopt it. 

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Irish said:

6th year - a .500 coach with no playoff wins - but hey - what a great logo guy.  Personally, I loved the Fighting Sioux but saw that we had to change.  I'm not very excited about being "The Fighting Hawks" but I can live with it.  I can't abide by the new logo though and really have a tough time wearing a poor man's Post Office logo.  If I could make one change it would be to get a decent logo design - people would be much more likely to adopt it. 

Or a bad logo guy who hasn’t seen the playoffs recently with a supposed juggernaut program.

57 minutes ago, Irish said:

If I could make one change it would be to get a decent logo design - people would be much more likely to adopt it. 

I'm excited to see this Hawks logo that will bring all the Sioux forever crowd on board. Clearly, a new logo is all it will take. 

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Or a bad logo guy who hasn’t seen the playoffs recently with a supposed juggernaut program.

Agree Berry needs to up  his game but he has at least won a playoff game.  Football Bubba is a rah rah guy (nothing wrong with that) who has made a string of bad decisions that are only now being fixed.  Anyone who watched football last year knew it - most knew it several years before it dawned on Bubba. The nickname is the least of his problems.   I know that we need to adjust to the new nickname but praising Bubba for that is damning him with faint praise.  In the words of Minnesota Fats from The Hustler "time to shoot pool, Fast Eddy".

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Irish said:

Agree Berry needs to up  his game but he has at least won a playoff game.  Football Bubba is a rah rah guy (nothing wrong with that) who has made a string of bad decisions that are only now being fixed.  Anyone who watched football last year knew it - most knew it several years before it dawned on Bubba. The nickname is the least of his problems.   I know that we need to adjust to the new nickname but praising Bubba for that is damning him with faint praise.  In the words of Minnesota Fats from The Hustler "time to shoot pool, Fast Eddy".

Bubba kept Rudy, other Bubba kept Shaw.

• Downvote 1

Question for the group: What is everyone’s thoughts on the placement of the new banners? My first thought was, they were more prominent when they were hung over the ice than where they are located now. It’s hard to determine if my first impression is correct without going in there and seeing them in person. Thoughts? 

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

Question for the group: What is everyone’s thoughts on the placement of the new banners? My first thought was, they were more prominent when they were hung over the ice than where they are located now. It’s hard to determine if my first impression is correct without going in there and seeing them in person. Thoughts? 

Definitely thought the same thing when I saw the picture. They are definitely going to be less prominent. But, we'll see.

• Upvote 1

1. Love the concept.

2. They should have consulted with Big A HG and put up Sammy and the Blackhawk specific style logos.

3. Liked the location better over the ice.*

4. Assume conference banners will have same concept?

*as I think about it more, they banners are now positioned right next to the bar video screens, which will pull in a lot of eyes, so maybe not a bad spot.

Edited by Benny Baker
Second guessing my initial hot take