Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Scoreboard change

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, northernraider said:

Nashville Predators new scoreboard for a little comparison to UND's

FB_IMG_1565059540603.jpg

Well, Some will get to see it in person next fall!!   Maybe.  Schloss??!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 11:19 AM, johnsowe said:

Where is the on ice video projection system?

What is an ice video projection system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

 

 

7 hours ago, dakotadan said:

We definitely need one of those.

That awesome video was just under 3 minutes, for the $6M that was pumped into our new system, one would think maybe we can get at least 30 seconds of something similar? Can't wait to see what we're in for!!

Thank you Engelstad Foundation for covering 2/3 of the cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

 

I've never played hockey, but that video made me want to put on the bucket and go a period or two. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

 

That awesome video was just under 3 minutes, for the $6M that was pumped into our new system, one would think maybe we can get at least 30 seconds of something similar? Can't wait to see what we're in for!!

Thank you Engelstad Foundation for covering 2/3 of the cost.

The projection system is around $2 million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My one concern is the REA will primarily use the new scoreboard for advertising as opposed to in game productions and features that will keep the crowd engaged and add to the gametime atmosphere.  Bigger screen = more add space to sell = more $$$$ for the REA.  And the atmosphere will continue to be what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

My one concern is the REA will primarily use the new scoreboard for advertising as opposed to in game productions and features that will keep the crowd engaged and add to the gametime atmosphere.  Bigger screen = more add space to sell = more $$$$ for the REA.  And the atmosphere will continue to be what it is.

The Hugo's Boy is gonna look HUGGGEEE

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

My one concern is the REA will primarily use the new scoreboard for advertising as opposed to in game productions and features that will keep the crowd engaged and add to the gametime atmosphere.  Bigger screen = more add space to sell = more $$$$ for the REA.  And the atmosphere will continue to be what it is.

This, in my opinion, is a real worry and the biggest problem with the Ralph.  I wish they would take some of the money used for extras and use it to replace the revenue they are getting from the constant ad stream.  That and revamp what comes over the PA during games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

My one concern is the REA will primarily use the new scoreboard for advertising as opposed to in game productions and features that will keep the crowd engaged and add to the gametime atmosphere.  Bigger screen = more add space to sell = more $$$$ for the REA.  And the atmosphere will continue to be what it is.

I personally think the atmosphere in the building needs to stem from the fans to begin with, and then the REA could expand on it.  I wouldn't be banking on the Ralph to create anything but an artificial atmosphere with the "More Noise" stuff.   They should play some role, but I think the real atmosphere needs to come from the fans, and that isn't as prevalent as it used to be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, tnt said:

I personally think the atmosphere in the building needs to stem from the fans to begin with, and then the REA could expand on it.  I wouldn't be banking on the Ralph to create anything but an artificial atmosphere with the "More Noise" stuff.   They should play some role, but I think the real atmosphere needs to come from the fans, and that isn't as prevalent as it used to be. 

Agree about the fan part, but how many times have you seen fired up fans cheering a strong effort only to be cut off by blaring music during a break.  Fans do, however, need to pick it up too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, tnt said:

I personally think the atmosphere in the building needs to stem from the fans to begin with, and then the REA could expand on it.  I wouldn't be banking on the Ralph to create anything but an artificial atmosphere with the "More Noise" stuff.   They should play some role, but I think the real atmosphere needs to come from the fans, and that isn't as prevalent as it used to be. 

An arena can definitely help get a crowd going and get them on their feet.  At the old Ralph, all it took was playing 'Welcome to the Jungle' and the student section was jumpin!!  It is long overdue for the REA to form a task force to improve gameday atmosphere, much like the Alerus did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...