SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

7 hours ago, dakotadan said:

We definitely need one of those.

That awesome video was just under 3 minutes, for the $6M that was pumped into our new system, one would think maybe we can get at least 30 seconds of something similar? Can't wait to see what we're in for!!

Thank you Engelstad Foundation for covering 2/3 of the cost.

14 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That awesome video was just under 3 minutes, for the $6M that was pumped into our new system, one would think maybe we can get at least 30 seconds of something similar? Can't wait to see what we're in for!!

Thank you Engelstad Foundation for covering 2/3 of the cost.

The projection system is around $2 million.

My one concern is the REA will primarily use the new scoreboard for advertising as opposed to in game productions and features that will keep the crowd engaged and add to the gametime atmosphere.  Bigger screen = more add space to sell = more $$$$ for the REA.  And the atmosphere will continue to be what it is.

13 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

My one concern is the REA will primarily use the new scoreboard for advertising as opposed to in game productions and features that will keep the crowd engaged and add to the gametime atmosphere.  Bigger screen = more add space to sell = more $$$$ for the REA.  And the atmosphere will continue to be what it is.

The Hugo's Boy is gonna look HUGGGEEE

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

This, in my opinion, is a real worry and the biggest problem with the Ralph.  I wish they would take some of the money used for extras and use it to replace the revenue they are getting from the constant ad stream.  That and revamp what comes over the PA during games.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I personally think the atmosphere in the building needs to stem from the fans to begin with, and then the REA could expand on it.  I wouldn't be banking on the Ralph to create anything but an artificial atmosphere with the "More Noise" stuff.   They should play some role, but I think the real atmosphere needs to come from the fans, and that isn't as prevalent as it used to be. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tnt said:

I personally think the atmosphere in the building needs to stem from the fans to begin with, and then the REA could expand on it.  I wouldn't be banking on the Ralph to create anything but an artificial atmosphere with the "More Noise" stuff.   They should play some role, but I think the real atmosphere needs to come from the fans, and that isn't as prevalent as it used to be. 

Agree about the fan part, but how many times have you seen fired up fans cheering a strong effort only to be cut off by blaring music during a break.  Fans do, however, need to pick it up too.  

31 minutes ago, tnt said:

An arena can definitely help get a crowd going and get them on their feet.  At the old Ralph, all it took was playing 'Welcome to the Jungle' and the student section was jumpin!!  It is long overdue for the REA to form a task force to improve gameday atmosphere, much like the Alerus did. 

• 1 month later...