SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard change

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

25 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Wait, so the REA is in a conspiracy to get rid of the Brien logo? The REA, who has a bajillion of that logo within the building? Pffft lol. Goodness, I love the internet.

And I thought people would love to see the Blackhawk logo again. 

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Wait, so the REA is in a conspiracy to get rid of the Brien logo? The REA, who has a bajillion of that logo within the building? Pffft lol. Goodness, I love the internet.

2 Championship banners (1959, 1963) and 2 Conference Championship banners (1958, 1963) were changed from the Brien logo to an interlocking ND logo.  All the other banners were  changed to the Sioux logo used that year.  (3 stayed the Brien logo).  Every banner won after 2011 was already the newer interlocking ND logo.  Not sure what the outrage of changing 4 banners to a "non Indian head" Sioux logo.  

19 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

2 Championship banners (1959, 1963) and 2 Conference Championship banners (1958, 1963) were changed from the Brien logo to an interlocking ND logo.  All the other banners were  changed to the Sioux logo used that year.  (3 stayed the Brien logo).  Every banner won after 2011 was already the newer interlocking ND logo.  Not sure what the outrage of changing 4 banners to a "non Indian head" Sioux logo.  

There shouldn't be. It's absolute effing nonsense.

On 7/10/2019 at 5:57 PM, Benny Baker said:

1. Love the concept.

2. They should have consulted with Big A HG and put up Sammy and the Blackhawk specific style logos.

3. Liked the location better over the ice.*

4. Assume conference banners will have same concept?

*as I think about it more, they banners are now positioned right next to the bar video screens, which will pull in a lot of eyes, so maybe not a bad spot.

Sammy Sioux was never an official logo, so there would be no point in using it.

New banners get a strong favorability rating from the SS echo chamber.  They certainly have Taz Boy giving the big thumbs up!  I haven't seen this kind of unanimous agreement since the overwhelming disapproval just after the unveiling of that awful Peace Dove logo.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Beautiful banners. As @SWSiouxMN said, I would've preferred that "conference" be WCHA or NCHA, but that's awfully nitpicky for such an upgrade. Think the REA has been reading SS?

I won't disagree that I was being nitpicky, the banners are awesome.

I just felt that if we are being historically accurate that having WCHA or NCHC instead of conference champions would have made it even better (the cherry on top of a sundae).

I'm a perfectionist, its a curse and blessing at the same time.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Sammy wasn’t on the front just on the shoulder. 

Yes. Exactly!!!!!!!! It was on their jersey.

Just like the Blackhawk, geometric, and ND shoulder patch on the 2016 banner; or, just like all of the other national championship banners. 

Thank you!!!!!!!!