SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

12 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

That’s a big number for a junior albeit with pretty rough form. Baukol is gonna fix that. His HS strength coach needs a talking to though, should never clean with straps. 

Article from September of last year said that he could already squat 405!  "Pedigo is also extremely strong in the weight room for his age and size. Entering his junior year, he cleaned 315 pounds and squatted 405 pounds while barely weighing over 200. He has packed on about 15 pounds and added muscle since last season. He's also a 3.75 GPA student where math is his favorite subject. http://kansas-sports.com/ks/news/?id=10645&t=faces-in-ks-wyatt-pedigo  Article also says that he is a wrestler - you guys seem to like that..

24 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Article from September of last year said that he could already squat 405!  "Pedigo is also extremely strong in the weight room for his age and size. Entering his junior year, he cleaned 315 pounds and squatted 405 pounds while barely weighing over 200. He has packed on about 15 pounds and added muscle since last season. He's also a 3.75 GPA student where math is his favorite subject. http://kansas-sports.com/ks/news/?id=10645&t=faces-in-ks-wyatt-pedigo  Article also says that he is a wrestler - you guys seem to like that..

It appears he’s added to that 

On 6/9/2019 at 12:06 AM, UND Fan said:

Another recent offer - most everyone in the conference is after this kid: 

CB Stefan Black, 6'1“, 165, 4.5, Blue Springs (Blue Springs), MO Has offers from NDSU, SDSU, Army, Air Force, UNI, USD, EIU, WIU Mo St & SIU

Black will play for Air Force.

37 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I feel like there was a recruit that was going to announce his commitment around now.... not sure who it was but I remember seeing his tweet. Maybe it was Goss.

That was Reagan Jones. Said he was announcing commitment 8/7.  QB/Athlete out of Kansas

51 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Thank you! Looking at his twitter if his pinned tweet is any indication, it would seem UND is the favorite.

If he commits to us would he be a QB or Safety? His hudl lists him as a qb, but the wiki shows we have him as a S.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:16 AM, UND-1 said:

Not sure he is still in the mix.  UND has their 2nd elite camp this weekend and if he doesn't come to that then its safe to say he is not.  They already have 16 commits and may get a couple more this weekend.

This was stated awhile back about Jones

Sorry to say that Raja Nelson - the do-everything athlete at Lakeville North in the Twin Cities announced his commitment to NDSU today. When I told him that he'd look really good in green, I should have been more specific. I didn't mean that ugly-ass Packer green.  Fun fact: At one point, NDSU's Greg Menard ('19 grad, 3-time All American DE), UND's current DE Carl Engwall, and Nelson all lived within about 8 houses of each other in the same neighborhood.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7788274/RaJa-Nelson

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, LkvlleUNDFan said:

Sorry to say that Raja Nelson - the do-everything athlete at Lakeville North in the Twin Cities announced his commitment to NDSU today. When I told him that he'd look really good in green, I should have been more specific. I didn't mean that ugly-ass Packer green.  Fun fact: At one point, NDSU's Greg Menard ('19 grad, 3-time All American DE), UND's current DE Carl Engwall, and Nelson all lived within about 8 houses of each other in the same neighborhood.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7788274/RaJa-Nelson

Good looking athlete.  

5 hours ago, UND Fan said:

This is getting old!!!!  Marshall to the Bison!!

Want this to change?  I know I do.

UND needs to win on September 7th in Fargo for change to happen. 

UND winning head-to-head is the only way the tides will turn to at least even the playing field. Right now it is so lopsided it is not even funny.

Right now, prospects just don't take the UND vs NDSU debate seriously when considering competing offers, nor should they. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND winning head-to-head is the only way the tides will turn to at least even the playing field. Right now it is so lopsided it is not even funny.

Right now, prospects just don't take the UND vs NDSU debate seriously when considering competing offers, nor should they. 

But they should take the school seriously and what it has to offer.  Need to get a few high end guys that have nice educational fits with UND, then hopefully start to turn the tides with them, but yes, a win would do wonders to even the playing field a bit more on the possibilities of winning championships. 

7 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Of course it will. Best way to make the case is to beat the Bison. UND has played the Bison once in their run. 34-9 in 2015. Lopsided is a good observation, but you do realize its been lopsided against most of the FCS field. 7 of 8 national titles. Never been done at any level of football. Not an excuse, but important to remember. Unprecedented. The proximity to Fargo can only be used for one argument: It can be done in North Dakota. The Bison have proven that.

Also important to note that a football program has approximately 100 members at any given time. 63 full scholarship equivalents in FCS. There are a LOT of great football players out there. Yes, the Bison are getting who they want right now, but it doesn't mean they have EVERY game changer at EVERY position.

Prospects DO take UND seriously. The only thing in your statement I disagree with. School DOES have role at times, but UND over NDSU on that is somewhat thin. (Sorry UND grads.) Biggest factor is head-to-head. From now until "whenever" UND v. NDSU will happen every year. Best scenario to change the dynamic.

Tempting to view everything UND does with Bison glasses since they have become the standard. But that is dangerous as well. We all need to step back and remember the drought v. Bison in the 80's and 90's. Different time, different standard, but still relevant. It will not happen overnight, but a win v. Bison WILL happen. And the momentum it builds will feel great.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, UND Fan said:

This is getting old!!!!  Marshall to the Bison!!

Probably worth mentioning that at the end of June, UND picked up a commitment from a different running back out of Minnesota that was the was the exact same size as this kid. No inside info on this one but not sure how hard UND was still in pursuit of a running back of the exact same size/skill set.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, tnt said:

But they should take the school seriously and what it has to offer.  Need to get a few high end guys that have nice educational fits with UND, then hopefully start to turn the tides with them, but yes, a win would do wonders to even the playing field a bit more on the possibilities of winning championships. 

I think they do take UND seriously, but its not like NDSU is a bad school either (as much as we may joke about it on here). I know a lot of very successful people from NDSU. So you can still go get a really good education and play for a perennial powerhouse; I can't argue with their decision. 

it has been said, to even the playing field UND just needs to win and compete more. Bison have 7 FCS championships; UND has 1 FCS playoff appears; The math isn't all that difficult on this one.

UND needs to compete against NDSU and get a win, that will help. But more importantly, UND needs to compete against their whole field of competition, have a winning season and not lose in the first round of the playoffs.

NDSU will continue to out recruit UND, as they out recruit most schools until this happens.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Probably worth mentioning that at the end of June, UND picked up a commitment from a different running back out of Minnesota that was the was the exact same size as this kid. No inside info on this one but not sure how hard UND was still in pursuit of a running back of the exact same size/skill set.

Also worth noting that we have two running back commits in total, so guessing we won't see anymore in this class.  That's not to say he would have picked UND if the offer was still commitable, as the Bison are currently hard to beat on the recruiting track, but guessing jdub has it exactly right here.  That being said, kid should be a fantastic player and would have been a great get......

• Upvote 1