SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

If he's anything like his Dad and Uncle, you guys got a great player. Both were meticulous with their route running and had incredible hands. Great locker rooms guys too, the types of people you want on your team.

Bummed NDSU couldn't land him. 

Good get for you guys.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If he's anything like his Dad and Uncle, you guys got a great player. Both were meticulous with their route running and had incredible hands. Great locker rooms guys too, the types of people you want on your team.

Good get for you guys.

What are your thoughts so far on Entz big timing ND players?

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

What are your thoughts so far on Entz big timing ND players?

Need a bigger sample size I think before making that assessment. 

I don't follow North Dakota recruiting as closely as I once did.

I don't know if the players we aren't getting or aren't offering are misses or if the coaches simply don't believe they are right for NDSU.

I can't imagine Entz doesn't see the value in keeping the top local talent given that ND players have been at the heart of every NDSU team since the beginning of time, but time will tell I suppose.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Good get for you guys.

I am floored right now by your comments.

Don't give up hope, Hedberg will probably jump on Sioux Sports in the coming weeks and realize we are committing North Dakota kids that should be in his back pocket!!

Just now, gundy1124 said:

I am floored right now by your comments.

Don't give up hope, Hedberg will probably jump on Sioux Sports in the coming weeks and realize we are committing North Dakota kids that should be in his back pocket!!

Why are you floored?

Also, given that this kid was born into the NDSU family and was coming to games in diapers, I doubt he made this decision lightly. It was likely very challenging for him and was a very carefully considered decision. I'd be surprised if anything that NDSU does moving forward would make any sort of difference.

With all of the "advantages" NDSU has in recruiting against other schools, the receiver position can actually one where NDSU is at a disadvantage due to the style of play. 

I have to think that if I'm an 18 year old receiver, playing in an EWU style offense would be a lot more fun than an NDSU style offense.

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Why are you floored?

Also, given that this kid was born into the NDSU family and was coming to games in diapers, I doubt he made this decision lightly. It was likely very challenging for him and was a very carefully considered decision. I'd be surprised if anything that NDSU does moving forward would make any sort of difference.

With all of the "advantages" NDSU has in recruiting against other schools, the receiver position can actually one where NDSU is at a disadvantage due to the style of play. 

I have to think that if I'm an 18 year old receiver, playing in an EWU style offense would be a lot more fun than an NDSU style offense.

We 'knew' the feeling........even worse that our past style of play wasn't successful.

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Why are you floored?

But was he born into a true Bison family? If his grandpa played at UND it would be just like his dad and uncle switching it up by going to NDSU. I have a feeling NDSU only offered a PWO and UND offered a partial. Seems like an easy decision to me.

32 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

But was he born into a true Bison family? If his grandpa played at UND it would be just like his dad and uncle switching it up by going to NDSU. I have a feeling NDSU only offered a PWO and UND offered a partial. Seems like an easy decision to me.

Did the team to the south offer him a PWO?  I looked on his account, didn't see an offer but maybe I missed it.

11 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I know you are concerned so I will answer.  No they didn't.

Not concerned, just didn't see it on his twitter account as was stated.  For !@#$ sakes can't people look at things with a subjective opinion?  I've followed UND football for many yrs and don't see why things that are factual can't be posted without being blasted.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

"Some guys we are watching are Nate Valcarcel, Jaylen Devries, Bo Belquist, and Wyatt Pedigo. - und360-kelly"

Who's Wyatt Pedigo? 

Also, noteworthy....from one of the QB offers, Reagan Jones tweeted this last week.

Also of note, he has his offer received from UND as his pinned tweet. 

11 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

"Some guys we are watching are Nate Valcarcel, Jaylen Devries, Bo Belquist, and Wyatt Pedigo. - und360-kelly"

Who's Wyatt Pedigo? 

Also, noteworthy....from one of the QB offers, Reagan Jones tweeted this last week.

Is this a duel commitment, both #8 and #7 on August 7???

12 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

Who's Wyatt Pedigo? 

Not sure he is still in the mix.  UND has their 2nd elite camp this weekend and if he doesn't come to that then its safe to say he is not.  They already have 16 commits and may get a couple more this weekend.

Freund is bringing in a lot of QBs to our camps from throughout the country:

LAtX3C1X_bigger.jpg
I hit the northwest today to work with @dfreund7 I really liked the energy there and the school other than all the mosquitos! felt good out there today tho only kid from PA @UNDFBRecruiting @UNDfootball
Hopefully, we will learn of some commitments soon!
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

LAtX3C1X_bigger.jpg
I hit the northwest today to work with @dfreund7 I really liked the energy there and the school other than all the mosquitos! felt good out there today tho only kid from PA @UNDFBRecruiting @UNDfootball

Get him on campus and into Geography 101. 

51 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

LAtX3C1X_bigger.jpg

It's about time the QB position be taken serious by the Bubba regime.

Nice work Coach Freund!!!