SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

On 5/3/2019 at 3:02 PM, UND Fan said:

The coaches are staying busy....

QB Abraham Hoskins, 6'2”, 175, Omaha (Central), NE Has offer from SDSU

TE Wyatt Schroeder, 6'5”, 220, 4.8, St. Francis (St. Francis), MN Has offers from SDSU, Buffalo, Jax St & UNI

Schroeder will play for SDSU.  The Jacks have gotten a bunch of talented commitments in the last 10 days!

On 4/28/2019 at 12:20 PM, UND Fan said:

Two more:

LB Loshiaka Roques, 6'3“, 190, Plymouth (Wayzata), MN Has offer from SDSU

CB Nate Valcarcel, 6', 170, 4.7, Milwaukee (Whitnall), WI Has offer from SDSU

Yet another to the Bison: Roques

45 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

We just can't compete for the perceived top kids during the summer season. Need to get the high enders at Xmas again, like Fort, Skokna and Nelson.  

So we wait until the other top schools cheery pick the best players and they we settle for recruits?   I sure hope not.    Until the last few days our recruiting has been top notch.    Hurts to lose a couple of great possibilities but I think we've taken a positive step.    We just need to battle for the rest and hopefully Bubba can pull off a few miracles.     I sure wish we'd beat the XDSU's on a few boys though.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

So we wait until the other top schools cheery pick the best players and they we settle for recruits?   I sure hope not.    Until the last few days our recruiting has been top notch.    Hurts to lose a couple of great possibilities but I think we've taken a positive step.    We just need to battle for the rest and hopefully Bubba can pull off a few miracles.     I sure wish we'd beat the XDSU's on a few boys though.

They aren't waiting at all.  They just aren't getting the kids.  Need to win.

17 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Just look at how we closed last year. Very strong. Not every kid is on the same recruiting schedule. Some like to get it out of the way early, others like to wait it out and try to earn even better offers after their senior season. I like having our commits spread out a bit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Just look at how we closed last year. Very strong. Not every kid is on the same recruiting schedule. Some like to get it out of the way early, others like to wait it out and try to earn even better offers after their senior season. I like having our commits spread out a bit.

What I remember most about last December was the stud QB that jumped ship.

32 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

And he was one of these early commits. Not sure what you’re getting at here.

Some days I wonder the same thing.   Mainly that I just don't remember the last minute commits being over the top guys.   But yes, Case was an early commit and left and that burns in my mind more than anything that we lost him.

22 hours ago, UND1983 said:

We just can't compete for the perceived top kids during the summer season. Need to get the high enders at Xmas again, like Fort, Skokna and Nelson.  

Anyone with that philosophy won’t get things turned around. We can certainly compete for the “top kids”. We also need to get “top Enders” at Christmas. We need to work harder to get them until we get things turned around. 

1 minute ago, iramurphy said:

Anyone with that philosophy won’t get things turned around. We can certainly compete for the “top kids”. We also need to get “top Enders” at Christmas. We need to work harder to get them until we get things turned around. 

Yah you're right.  We never get any top guys in June....but... we most certainly can compete with the rest of the Valley teams.

History says I am spot on.  It's been this way for years and years now....

31 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Yah you're right.  We never get any top guys in June....but... we most certainly can compete with the rest of the Valley teams.

History says I am spot on.  It's been this way for years and years now....

So we quit?  “ History says” if you don’t think you can compete, you can’t. Maybe that’s why we have struggled “for years”.  That’s also one of the reasons we didn’t move up to FCS when we should have. Someone didn’t think we could compete. Our coaches need to go after the best kids that we think fit our needs and culture. We will get some kids cuz of academics,  some kids cuz of family ties, some kids cuz other schools missed on them. We also need to convince some kids of the future of our program who want to be part of turning the program around. That’s how we start getting those so called top end kids, not by sitting on our ass and worrying about the past. 

1 hour ago, Hawkster said:

Some days I wonder the same thing.   Mainly that I just don't remember the last minute commits being over the top guys.   But yes, Case was an early commit and left and that burns in my mind more than anything that we lost him.

5 of our last 8 commits were our highest rated commits of the entire class last year. We closed with an absolute bang.

• Upvote 2