SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

A Bob Belquist from New Rockford played MBB for the good guys in the 1970's.  

I think that’s Bo’s grandpa who is a dentist in New Rockford. It would be nice to draw some fans from New Rockford to cheer on the hometown stud wearing green and white!

14 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I think that’s Bo’s grandpa who is a dentist in New Rockford. It would be nice to draw some fans from New Rockford to cheer on the hometown stud wearing green and white!

Fans *should be* coming from all over the state of ND to watch the flagship. 

Make UND football great again 

Plummet NDSU football, plummet 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

He’s not playing tomorrow. 

Strength and conditioning. 

Good local commit with great bloodlines (minus the NDSU mistakes). 

These 2020 kids have over 2 years from now before they are expected to contribute.  (180lbs. in 2 years is plausible at 5'11") We are following along with the trend of early signings and it's a necessary evil but I'd sure like to watch kids play their SR year in high school before some final judgements are made.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

These 2020 kids have over 2 years from now before they are expected to contribute.  (180lbs. in 2 years is plausible at 5'11") We are following along with the trend of early signings and it's a necessary evil but I'd sure like to watch kids play their SR year in high school before some final judgements are made.

Agree with your main point (necessary evil) and granted there are so many total roster spots available, but the majority of these local kids aren't promised scholarship money/spots and are more likely to stick around long-term, which gives them more time to build into a contributor. I like what they've done so far. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Honestly the 165 is more encouraging to me than anything. To me it shows that he’s not even close to his physical potential. By his second year in our program he’ll probably be 190-200 and way more athletic than he is now. That’s better than getting a kid who’s already fully developed and only has a small amount of improvement to make to max out.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Honestly the 165 is more encouraging to me than anything. To me it shows that he’s not even close to his physical potential. By his second year in our program he’ll probably be 190-200 and way more athletic than he is now. That’s better than getting a kid who’s already fully developed and only has a small amount of improvement to make to max out.

I think his dad played at around 190 and was the same height.  Not sure on his uncle but both were very good/athletic players during their time.  

This kid seems like a heck of an athlete at everything he does.  

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Definitely some truth to that.  Everyone remembers the kid in 7th grade that was 6' and 200 lbs killing kids on the football field.......me neither!!

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Commits are from:

ND - 6 (3 PWO)
MN - 4
WI - 3 (1 PWO)
NE - 1
IA - 1
OK - 1

Last year we finished with 8 commits from ND, so we're not out of the norm so far.

I am apparently incorrect in having the following as PWOs.  Which recruit is getting $?

WR Bo Belquist, 5'11”, 170, New Rockford (NR-Sheyenne), ND

LB Dylan Boecker, 6'3“, 200, Menonomie (Menonomie), WI Had DII offers

S Peyton Fisher, 6', 185, Fargo (North), ND

LB Jack Ihry, 6', 200, Hope (FSHP), ND

OT Jack Kuntz, 6'5”, 280, Devils Lake (Devils Lake), ND

5 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Definitely some truth to that.  Everyone remembers the kid in 7th grade that was 6' and 200 lbs killing kids on the football field.......me neither!!

I did know one of those types, 

he went and played O-Line for the Bison....

7 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I am apparently incorrect in having the following as PWOs.  Which recruit is getting $?

WR Bo Belquist, 5'11”, 170, New Rockford (NR-Sheyenne), ND

LB Dylan Boecker, 6'3“, 200, Menonomie (Menonomie), WI Had DII offers

S Peyton Fisher, 6', 185, Fargo (North), ND

LB Jack Ihry, 6', 200, Hope (FSHP), ND

OT Jack Kuntz, 6'5”, 280, Devils Lake (Devils Lake), ND

Sounds like Belquist is a partial anyway according to Tom Miller.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/3904621-New-Rockford-Sheyennes-Bo-Belquist-picks-UND#.XSeTuB18li8.twitter

the multi-sport athlete made a verbal commitment Wednesday night to accept a scholarship offer to play at UND.

1 hour ago, shep said:

Quincy Vaughn a QB from Ontario tweeted he received an offer from UND.

According to his Twitter account he committed to ODU in June.

???

I wondered the same thing.....so is he going to ODU or not?

36 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Sorts related, any prospects in the Manitoba/Saskatchewan area?

Love that pipeline and I think we have a good edge over a lot of schools in that region. The talent may not be as wide, but UND should always be on their radar. 

We lost a Canadian kid, Leif Magnusson to SD or SDU. I thought he looked good.