Melvin

Will Brad Berry Be Fired?   

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bill Chaves fire head coach Brad Berry

• Yes - Immediately After the season
    • No - Give Him one More year
    • Hire Hakstol and then fire him, too.

21 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

SCSU is ripe for the picking and Denver will be playing not to get hurt on Saturday.  I’m sayin’ there’s a chance.  

Yup.  I like our draw of St. Cloud.  Better than UMD.  And, what are the chances that Denver beats us five times in a row?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Sweet bejesus. Alrighty. 
I prefer UND’s overall history. You like Michigan. No worries! :blink:

I don’t know:  Michigan was awful dam good during the hula hoop era.  

Then, with the British Invasion, they just went away, rarely to be heard from again.    

They get great recruits though.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Yup.  I like our draw of St. Cloud.  Better than UMD.  And, what are the chances that Denver beats us five times in a row?

Last time we played Denver a 5th time after going 0-4 against them in the regular season, UND won the semi-final Final Five game against DU and went on to beat SCSU in the championship. 2010 I believe. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, AJS said:

No, but you along with the local media (or media adjacent) might be the only people that feel like finishing a game over .500 somehow equals a successful season for a program like UND. 

I do understand why @Goon would leave it here though. We saw what happened to Brandt on Saturday night when he was critical of the teams play on Friday. Big mistake, Berry doesn't do criticism. Media better get in line. 

What’s this with Jake and Berry? Was there a disagreement during Saturday nights postgame or something?

8 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

What’s this with Jake and Berry? Was there a disagreement during Saturday nights postgame or something?

Bubbs made a comment that "Jake will need to keep talking about us" after they won on Saturday. Came off rather .... terse? ... No one knows the real story, however. 

3 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Sounds like Berry is insecure. He’d probably shut this site down if he could. 

Or, the other possibility is that we don't know the real story and it was an inside joke between the two. I can absolutely see both being possible.

Bubbs and the squad have certainly earned some criticism this season, and rightfully so. With that said, he's a human, and I'm sure gets exhausting to hear it nonstop. Maybe some of that bubbled over? 

Overall, maybe developing a chip on his shoulder wouldn't be a bad thing for a stretch run? :D

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Last time we played Denver a 5th time after going 0-4 against them in the regular season, UND won the semi-final Final Five game against DU and went on to beat SCSU in the championship. 2010 I believe. 

Wow.

Hand Clap GIFs | Tenor

6 hours ago, AJS said:

No, but you along with the local media (or media adjacent) might be the only people that feel like finishing a game over .500 somehow equals a successful season for a program like UND. 

I do understand why @Goon would leave it here though. We saw what happened to Brandt on Saturday night when he was critical of the teams play on Friday. Big mistake, Berry doesn't do criticism. Media better get in line. 

I just added it for conversation. I neither endorse it or reject it. It’s just a stat. TBH, I am not for burning the program to the ground unless this becomes a pattern. When the league was formed, former head coach Dave Hakstol said during a press conference that good teams from our league will fail to make the tourney due to the difficulty of our conference. I think we’re seeing that come to fruition. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Sounds like Berry is insecure. He’d probably shut this site down if he could. 

That’s a bad take. It would be fun having you ask him if he’s insecure. I think @stoneySIOUX is right. It’s probably an inside joke. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Or, the other possibility is that we don't know the real story and it was an inside joke between the two. I can absolutely see both being possible.

Bubbs and the squad have certainly earned some criticism this season, and rightfully so. With that said, he's a human, and I'm sure gets exhausting to hear it nonstop. Maybe some of that bubbled over? 

Overall, maybe developing a chip on his shoulder wouldn't be a bad thing for a stretch run? :D

Yeah, I know absolutely nothing on it. What I do know is that the media never asks him tough questions. It’s really a clown show during those press conferences. But what do I know… I just like stirring the pot, and upsetting all the dinosaurs here.

42 minutes ago, Goon said:

That’s a bad take. It would be fun having you ask him if he’s insecure. I think @stoneySIOUX is right. It’s probably an inside joke. 

If he was throwing a dig at Brandt for making fair comments about the teams play, then yes. 

If it’s nothing then it’s nothing. 

Asking Berry if he’s insecure would be a waste of both of our time. I wouldn’t mind hearing him answer a few tough questions once and awhile, if and when they will be asked…

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I just added it for conversation. I neither endorse it or reject it. It’s just a stat. TBH, I am not for burning the program to the ground unless this becomes a pattern. When the league was formed, former head coach Dave Hakstol said during a press conference that good teams from our league will fail to make the tourney due to the difficulty of our conference. I think we’re seeing that come to fruition. 

Sorry, Goon, I don't think that's the case at all.  I realize at the time that Hak thought that taking the cream of the crop so to speak would make turn the NCHC into a gauntlet every week with teams well above .500 being left out of the NCAA tournament.  At the end of the day, there are only so many wins to go around.    

What's happened is the same thing that has happened in every other conference - some programs rise up to become yearly contenders (North Dakota, Denver, UMD, St Cloud State), some become a flash in the pan every 4-5 seasons (UNO, Western Michigan), and others become yearly doormats (Colorado College, Miami).  That's just the way sports works.  It's hard to turn that around too - just ask Indiana or Vanderbilt football or Georgia Tech or Penn State basketball.