Melvin

Will Brad Berry Be Fired?   

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bill Chaves fire head coach Brad Berry

• Yes - Immediately After the season
    • No - Give Him one More year
    • Hire Hakstol and then fire him, too.

4 hours ago, nodak651 said:

This is my #1 issue.  Team as a whole has been soft and and doesn't seem to have the same passion as Hak's teams.  Reminds me more of the Lucia Gopher teams in that respect.

The word your looking for is Eades....   passion on a downhill slide since he left.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We're each other's biggest rival. It's 2023. If you didn't see this coming, you haven't been following along. Next time we win a regional in Minnesota, especially if Minny isn't involved, remember this tweet. I guarantee it'll come back around.

It's a silly jab at a massive rival and frankly, if the program needs this as any additional motivation, that would just be stupid.

I would say that we haven't been rivals since we went our different ways years ago. I remember watching the Sioux/Gopher games back in the WCHA and you knew who played for the UofM but nowadays, I am willing to bet majority of us UND fans couldn't name more than 3 players on the team.

9 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We're each other's biggest rival. It's 2023. If you didn't see this coming, you haven't been following along. Next time we win a regional in Minnesota, especially if Minny isn't involved, remember this tweet. I guarantee it'll come back around.

It's a silly jab at a massive rival and frankly, if the program needs this as any additional motivation, that would just be stupid.

Agree, I am sure UND would have tweeted something similar.   Frankly, I don't know what will motivate them anymore.  Right when I think they should come out of the gate on fire, they lay an egg.  I see so many teams that are "doing the little things" and "putting it all on the line" way more often than I see it on our side of the ledger.   I am starting to question if we lack the competitive edge we had under Hakstol.  Don't see us outcompeting teams very often, or haven't heard the phrase "they are hard to play against" regarding UND much anymore.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, tnt said:

Agree, I am sure UND would have tweeted something similar.   Frankly, I don't know what will motivate them anymore.  Right when I think they should come out of the gate on fire, they lay an egg.  I see so many teams that are "doing the little things" and "putting it all on the line" way more often than I see it on our side of the ledger.   I am starting to question if we lack the competitive edge we had under Hakstol.  Don't see us outcompeting teams very often, or haven't heard the phrase "they are hard to play against" regarding UND much anymore.  

Berry = Lucia

49 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

The word your looking for is Eades....   passion on a downhill slide since he left.

This was not Cheer's and everyone saying goodbye at the end of the night to Norm (aka Eades), he made his own bed and was let go by Hak.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, 1966guy said:

That means you better keep him around because Lucia has 2 national titles.  Berry has another one in him according to this.

Near the beginning of his tenure, just like Berry, but I'm referring more-so to the culture of each coaches' teams.

Sure Berry could win another title, but I think any pretty much any current NCAA D1 coach could do what he's done so far, with the roster he inherited and with the facilities, tradition, and fan base that UND has to offer.  Huge built in advantage.  Berry's teams have no personality.. missing the grit that makes UND hockey what it is. 

Feel like the team is filled with a bunch of Joe Mauer/Ryan Suter types, if you know what I mean.

• Upvote 1

Berry has what, at least a couple more years?  If things don't improve, I've got eyes on Rick Zombo if he can surprise people for a couple more years down at Lindenwood.  Listen to him on any podcast that he goes on... exactly what is needed here.

32 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

This was not Cheer's and everyone saying goodbye at the end of the night to Norm (aka Eades), he made his own bed and was let go by Hak.

The fact remains,  what he brought in terms of training and spirit is missing.   Makes no difference why he is not here, but focus on that....

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

I would say that we haven't been rivals since we went our different ways years ago. I remember watching the Sioux/Gopher games back in the WCHA and you knew who played for the UofM but nowadays, I am willing to bet majority of us UND fans couldn't name more than 3 players on the team.

I would highly disagree. I think their post that had thousands of likes and shares immediately following their regional win, a massive moment in their season, coupled with the intensity in the crowd and banter online during our series' disagrees, as well. Your opinion, however. 

1 hour ago, tnt said:

I think the later part of that paragraph is a lot more worrisome than a post on social media in terms of what's motivating the program, for sure. Glad we're on the same page. 

With that said, I think UND is still thought of a being hard to play against. I know that's something I heard even last season. Heard it a little bit down the stretch, as well, when we remembered our defensive game. To me, this feels like an aberration. Hopefully we get back to it in 23-24.

32 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I would highly disagree. I think their post that had thousands of likes and shares immediately following their regional win, a massive moment in their season, coupled with the intensity in the crowd and banter online during our series' disagrees, as well. Your opinion, however. 

anyone can retweet anything they want without thinking about it. The fact remains that ever since the Gophers went to the B10 any rivalry that was had with WCHA schools is no longer. If you and I were sitting at Willy McCoy's (enjoying 2-1 in Bloomington) watching the UND/Gopher game this past season, you could honestly tell me the players for the Gophers like you would've back in the day when Riddle, Potulny, Vanek, Tallackson, Guyer, Brigs, Martin Vannelli, Peltier Wheeler, Stoa, Chucko, Pohl, Anderson, Hirsch, Frazee? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

anyone can retweet anything they want without thinking about it. The fact remains that ever since the Gophers went to the B10 any rivalry that was had with WCHA schools is no longer. If you and I were sitting at Willy McCoy's (enjoying 2-1 in Bloomington) watching the UND/Gopher game this past season, you could honestly tell me the players for the Gophers like you would've back in the day when Riddle, Potulny, Vanek, Tallackson, Guyer, Brigs, Martin Vannelli, Peltier Wheeler, Stoa, Chucko, Pohl, Anderson, Hirsch, Frazee? 

haha chucko...i remember calling into the coaches show and asking hak if he a. recruited chucko and b. if so do you miss his 2 goals and 3 assists on our fourth line?  "i'll hang up and listen?"...as i was hanging up i can still hear hennessy laughling his ass off (assuming he got hard stare from hak)

20 hours ago, iramurphy said:

My guess is the Alumni Association wants little, if anything, to do with it. It is my limited experience with the present leadership they don’t want to lose control of any donated dollars if they can help it. I understand their position. 
The Athletic Dept is likely discussing the ramifications and potential needs with coaches and other AD around the country. It presents a huge challenge during a campaign to raise funds for Phase 2 and proposed plans for the softball field. 
The REA will likely do what they can to furnish resources and coordinate with the Engelstad Foundation. Hockey is likely our top priority. 
Just my gut feeling in answer to your question. I have no idea where we are nor what has been done. Your guess is as good as mine. 

It would be interesting to follow the dollars that come in under one Caitlin Clark's name, image, and likeness for the next six months. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

haha chucko...i remember calling into the coaches show and asking hak if he a. recruited chucko and b. if so do you miss his 2 goals and 3 assists on our fourth line?  "i'll hang up and listen?"...as i was hanging up i can still hear hennessy laughling his ass off (assuming he got hard stare from hak)

We had to settle for his line mate.

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2023 at 9:22 AM, nodak651 said:

UND is missing out on NIL opportunities that can be mutually beneficial to both players and UND - No reason the Ralph/UND isn't selling shirts or jerseys with both UNDs logo and current player names/numbers.  

Seems like a good, easy low hanging fruit to start with.

I'll take a Blake jersey.

My two cents. 

Wisconsin (WCHA) probably wasn't very far behind UND in being Minnesota's main rival.

They play them in all sports. It's their "Bison."

They're still playing games and growing that rivalry.

Playing epic conference title games (now or later).

Any poll about a rival would likely be directly correlated with age.

Their rivalry with UND will continue to diminish every year. There is no doubt about that.

"Neighbors" make rivals. UND only has one neighbor. Minnesota has two.

Despite what we like to tell ourselves, DU will never come close to MN.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Cratter said:

My two cents. 

Despite what we like to tell ourselves, DU will never come close to MN.

We may have some hate for  DU fans and players, but they don't stink like rotting flesh the way gopher fans and players do.  

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2023 at 10:20 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

anyone remember ladue's breakout pass in 2016 ( i think ladue and i think 2016)...i think he hit a breaking boeser or stetcher for a goal in the playoffs?....taht pass to cooley last night was almost as nice!

LaDue to Boeser who gets caught and feeds a trailing Cags for the goal.  Great heads up play all around.  Cue the Quinnipiac fan giving Cags the double bird as he skates into the corner after scoring.:D

• Upvote 3