Melvin

Will Brad Berry Be Fired?   

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bill Chaves fire head coach Brad Berry

• Yes - Immediately After the season
    • No - Give Him one More year
    • Hire Hakstol and then fire him, too.

3 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

The culture comments are getting old. Coaches comment on their team culture all of the time. It has nothing to do with these games nor how they recruit. It’s part of coach speak. 
Gaber’s comments pretty much made it clear. Once the puck drops the players need to play. If these guys play up to their full capabilities they can take the next 2. It’s a big challenge. It will be interesting to see how these guys respond to adversity. 

What’s getting old is a team underperforming and nothing changes with this coaching staff other then coach speak. #culture

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

The culture comments are getting old. Coaches comment on their team culture all of the time. It has nothing to do with these games nor how they recruit. It’s part of coach speak. 
Gaber’s comments pretty much made it clear. Once the puck drops the players need to play. If these guys play up to their full capabilities they can take the next 2. It’s a big challenge. It will be interesting to see how these guys respond to adversity. 

What about recruiting and development? Is that on the players and no one else too? #culture

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

What’s getting old is a team underperforming and nothing changes with this coaching staff other then coach speak. #culture

I’m not debating that.

The only thing that matters right now is tonight’s game. I think we can win. 

This team has struggled this year but they can still make the playoffs. 

The negative comments about culture have little merit in my opinion and show no insight as to why we have struggled this year. It’s the opinion of a number of others and my opinion in the mind of those folks probably has no merit either. I’m ok with that cuz regardless of the success or failure of our athletic teams my life doesn’t change. 

We can win tonight if the guys play well every minute of every shift and DeRidder stays sharp. Doesn’t take a genius to figure that out but there we have it. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Pretty pointed accusation.
Have the facts to back that up?

I DO NOT believe it was just a coincidence that the person who trademarked the name "nodak" was his daughter. I would think Brad had more knowledge than most people believe.

Or daughter is sharp enough to know "dad can't know" but missed the appearances dogma....

Maybe it was just a way to keep an unknown from getting the item.  I like to assume people are good until they prove otherwise.  It costs me at times, but it is the way I want to live.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Did "dad" know? We'll never know apparently; the media has lost interest. 

Did the TM possession move from "negotiating" to "turned over to UND" in a day when it came out? Yup. That sounds like "dad hammer", whether he knew or just found out. But if UND was "negotiating" why wouldn't it get back to him if he didn't know before. 

Questions ... 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did "dad" know? We'll never know apparently; the media has lost interest. 

Did the TM possession move from "negotiating" to "turned over to UND" in a day when it came out? Yup. That sounds like "dad hammer", whether he knew or just found out. But if UND was "negotiating" why wouldn't it get back to him if he didn't know before. 

Questions ... 

Perhaps silence is the best path forward,  like the Richard Gere gerbil controversy....  have fun with googling that gem

Just now, 90siouxfan said:

Perhaps silence is the best path forward,  like the Richard Gere gerbil controversy....  have fun with googling that gem

You're comparing the NODAK trademark fiasco to Richard Gere and his gerbil?  Awesome!

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

I DO NOT believe it was just a coincidence that the person who trademarked the name "nodak" was his daughter. I would think Brad had more knowledge than most people believe.

The quote was that he directed his daughter to do so, secretly. What he knew and when he knew is a different (and fair) argument. The comment about it being taken care of relatively quickly once BB's name was brought in to it seems to lend credence to the theory he wasn't involved and once he was, it was sorted out in very short matter.

1 hour ago, johnsowe said:

If UND wins the NCHC playoffs how many games into the NCAA does Berry need to win to close this thread?  

18 or 19 wins would mark the 3rd time in 8 years with wins in the teens as well as the 3rd time in 8 years we watch the NCAA’s instead of playing in it.

Jury is still out…

31 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

18 or 19 wins would mark the 3rd time in 8 years with wins in the teens as well as the 3rd time in 8 years we watch the NCAA’s instead of playing in it.

Jury is still out…

If we at least win two games in St. Paul, I think it can serve as a springboard for next season. That being said, it wouldn't answer the questions surrounding recruitment and player development. Next season will be a big one for both this coaching staff and the program as a whole.

54 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If we at least win two games in St. Paul, I think it can serve as a springboard for next season. That being said, it wouldn't answer the questions surrounding recruitment and player development. Next season will be a big one for both this coaching staff and the program as a whole.

Agree 100%.  Making the NCAA’s and losing the first round can still be a positive as this team has been DOA for two months now.  

• Upvote 1