Melvin

Will Brad Berry Be Fired?   

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bill Chaves fire head coach Brad Berry

• Yes - Immediately After the season
    • No - Give Him one More year
    • Hire Hakstol and then fire him, too.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:09 PM, Irish said:

Well excuuuuuse me Mr. Taz Boy. I clearly didn't know I was dealing with an intellectual such as yourself.  Your use of preamble, sophomoric, Bill Maher, and sycophants all in two sentences left me properly chastised.  You are clearly a keyboard warrior to be feared.  (nice work using vis-a-vis too). 

So what you're saying is that I win?

taz

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, TheFlop said:

I'm glad you were able to take time away from your MENSA meeting and English Comp class to call people names mixed in with big words that only serve to try and deflect attention from the team.  Losing two to Canisius hurt in the pairwise?  Say that out loud.  It's not even a resurgent (not that I'm sure that they were ever good) Canisius team.  That is where UND hockey is at right now.  The crown jewel of the school is dangerously close to sliding into mediocrity and will need 2-3 Freshmen to come in next year and produce right away like Kristo, Spirko, etc, to avoid that fate.  Not impossible but a tall order. 

Sadly, yes, I must take time away from my important business to educate where it is needed most.  UND hockey is just fine...  has been, currently is, and will be.  Down year?  Sure.  But I can tell you the experience in Las Vegas was outstanding.  Say that out loud.  It. Was. Fantastic.  This team had to play against the alumni's hated rival at a remote venue in front of thousands of rapid Sioux fans who spent thousands of dollars bringing the family on a weekend vacation--   just to see them beat the Gophers.  And they did.

The nay-sayers suggest the weakened Gopher team was an easy win, expected.  But, it was NOT expected.  How convenient for the untalented expert to criticize after the fact.

When in Denver, I saw a fast skating, hard working team that never gave up.  Lack of net front presence, ugly goals, whatever.  This team is not far from being a top-10 PWR.   It is fixable, unlike the whineyness here.

• Upvote 3

Idk. I think there is something to be said for the coaching. Players simply haven't developed well. Our special teams play was dreadful, players took dumb penalties, and took dumb shots. All of which, to me, indicate bad coaching strategy.

Now sure. They out skated, out pocessed, and some might say out played, the teams that beat us and that indicates good coaching. 

Overall this team underperformed all year. While it obviously played a huge role, it's unjust to use the Cansius series as the sole reason we didn't make it. We lost or tied several other games to weak teams and blew several 3rd period leads. Correcting any of those could have put us in the tournament as well. That all being said I'd still give Berry another year to see if he can fix his weak spots. 

2 hours ago, Taz Boy said:

Sadly, yes, I must take time away from my important business to educate where it is needed most.  UND hockey is just fine...  has been, currently is, and will be.  Down year?  Sure.  But I can tell you the experience in Las Vegas was outstanding.  Say that out loud.  It. Was. Fantastic.  This team had to play against the alumni's hated rival at a remote venue in front of thousands of rapid Sioux fans who spent thousands of dollars bringing the family on a weekend vacation--   just to see them beat the Gophers.  And they did.

The nay-sayers suggest the weakened Gopher team was an easy win, expected.  But, it was NOT expected.  How convenient for the untalented expert to criticize after the fact.

When in Denver, I saw a fast skating, hard working team that never gave up.  Lack of net front presence, ugly goals, whatever.  This team is not far from being a top-10 PWR.   It is fixable, unlike the whineyness here.

So basically just be happy with the participation ribbons that come out in the multi thousand $$$ season renewal packets that are being mailed out a little over a month from now?  The championship club loves Kool aid drinkers like yourself.  

Does UND have a chance to rebound next year?  Yes.  Was last year below par?  Yes.  Was this season even worse?  Yes.  Not saying the world is ending tomorrow but don't pretend that this year was even close to where UND hockey needs to be. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Taz Boy said:

But I can tell you the experience in Las Vegas was outstanding.  Say that out loud.  It. Was. Fantastic.  This team had to play against the alumni's hated rival at a remote venue in front of thousands of rapid Sioux fans who spent thousands of dollars bringing the family on a weekend vacation--   just to see them beat the Gophers.  And they did.

Taz, with all due respect, those two teams in Vegas combined to lose 33 games between them this season.  

6 hours ago, Taz Boy said:

Yah that game in October was a dream.  Totally made up for the next 5 months of average hockey.

• 2 weeks later...

over the last two years it hasn't been for a lack of talent that has killed Sioux puck. It comes down to berry and the rest of the coaching staff to be able to put a coherent hockey team on the ice night in and night out. You can point your finger at teams like UMD and SCSU that don't have nearly the caliber of recruits but can still be one of the top teams in the country. 

I don't think its all Berrys fault for the struggles as of late, its he people that are around him. 

thoughts,,

I agree that coaches around seem to be part of the problem but I know nothing about hockey coaching.

just seems too much like the Rudy situation with football.

i talked to Bubba when he first hired Rudy and he told me he had a great offense mind.

i found it offensive myself .

so who would go and who should stay for those that know about coaching.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...