Melvin

Will Brad Berry Be Fired?   

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bill Chaves fire head coach Brad Berry

• Yes - Immediately After the season
    • No - Give Him one More year
    • Hire Hakstol and then fire him, too.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

That's what this forum is all about, isn't it?

Or maybe it's where you get to tell everybody else the way it is and will be?

I mean.......please stop the "Father Knows Best" routine. Full Stop.

It is, but sometimes a little logic needs to apply to people's opinions.

I didn't tell anyone how anything was going to be, just providing some real world numbers that, regardless of what people think, play a huge role into future job security.

And a serious LOL at you lecturing people on supposed pontificating. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

And if that happens, some people on here will tell us that because we are flat broke we can't do anything about it anyway (sarcasm). :silly:

Seriously though, we would need another Blais to come in and clean it up. And as Wisconsin shows us, that won't be easy.

And I have no reason to believe we're at that point. Two below average seasons do not equal off the rails, to me. I expect the next two years to be very good for our favorite team. If they aren't, that's where I'd be concerned.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

It is, but sometimes a little logic needs to apply to people's opinions.

I didn't tell anyone how anything was going to be, just providing some real world numbers that, regardless of what people think, play a huge role into future job security.

And a serious LOL at you lecturing people on supposed pontificating. 

Pontificating is what the forum is all about. Apparently you have a problem with that. That's your problem.

And please don't lecture me about the "real world" and "logic". Mussman was bought out because people stepped up and donated the money needed to do it. Don't you think our cornerstone program can come up with willing donors to buy out Berry, if it comes to that? I say yes we can and will.

Finally, I don't tell people what to think or write. But you think that is your job on this forum. News Flash: It isn't.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't think the two equate. Eaves last two seasons with Wisconsin: 4-26-5; 8-19-8.... I mean, we weren't good, but that doesn't feel like a proper comparison. I don't believe UND is that far off. 

Look at the overall not two seasons and you can see that Wisconsin under Eaves and UND under Berry could end up very similar.

How Wisconsin end each season under Eaves:

Missed NCAA, Made NCAA, Made NCAA, National Champs, Missed NCAA, Made NCAA, Runner up, Missed NCAA, Missed NCAA, Made NCAA, Made NCAA, Missed NCAA, and Missed NCAA.

So Far Berry:

Won a National Title, Made NCAA, Missed NCAA, and Missed NCAA.

You could make an argument that recruiting hasn't been all that great lately, but I'm willing to wait and see on that.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Anyone who found this year’s team “exciting to watch” has clearly graduated from boo berry cereal to a serious problem with booze berry cocktails. 

TBH, sometimes thier hustle was awesome, results not so much...  I have more issue with the jekyl/hyde phenomenon and player development before other issues....

4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Look at the overall not two seasons and you can see that Wisconsin under Eaves and UND under Berry could end up very similar.

Missed NCAA, Made NCAA, Made NCAA, National Champs, Missed NCAA, Made NCAA, Runner up, Missed NCAA, Missed NCAA, Made NCAA, Made NCAA, Missed NCAA, and Missed NCAA.

So Far Berry:

You could make an argument that recruiting hasn't been all that great lately, but I'm willing to wait and see on that.

That point was fair. Mine simply comparing Eaves last two seasons to UND's past two seasons. I think it's very much necessary to wait and see on recruiting. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

4-26-5; 8-19-8

Ridiculous to have standards that low for a premier program like UND, but UND is shaking your hand for it (while their other hand is pick pocketing your wallet).  UND hockey should have standards like Duke basketball, Alabama football, etc, not be happy with participation ribbons like Michigan Tech and Canisius get for trying hard each year.........well let's just stick with Michigan Tech 

• Upvote 2

Just now, TheFlop said:

Ridiculous to have standards that low for a premier program like UND, but UND is shaking your hand for it (while their other hand is pick pocketing your wallet).  UND hockey should have standards like Duke basketball, Alabama football, etc, not be happy with participation ribbons like Michigan Tech and Canisius.........well let's just stick with Michigan Tech 

Standards? That is "off the rails" ... I don't think UND needs to get to that point before looking at changes.

Comparing football, basketball and college hockey are just not similar, but you can go for it, man. All good.

Instead of the back and forth, I'll just say I don't think it's time to fire Bubbs and I'm willing to wait for the next couple years of recruits. You can feel differently, but I don't think it'll change anything.

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

That point was fair. Mine simply comparing Eaves last two seasons to UND's past two seasons. I think it's very much necessary to wait and see on recruiting. 

You may be right here - my point is that when you field a Sioux team where the leading scorer has 10 goals, then something needs to change in recruiting.  We can't afford to just do more of the same.  I'm not sure if the problem is in poor player evaluation, losing recruits to other teams, having our pipelines dry up,  poor skills in selling our program, poor performances from our assistants or a combination of these but something needs to change.  That's why so many are frustrated with Berry.  If we are to rely on recruiting then we need to up our game and change what has been going on.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Irish said:

You may be right here - my point is that when you field a Sioux team where the leading scorer has 10 goals, then something needs to change in recruiting.  We can't afford to just do more of the same.  I'm not sure if the problem is in poor player evaluation, losing recruits to other teams, having our pipelines dry up,  poor skills in selling our program, poor performances from our assistants or a combination of these but something needs to change.  That's why so many are frustrated with Berry.  If we are to rely on recruiting then we need to up our game and change what has been going on.

We did. That's why we are bringing in 4 forwards who are true freshmen, with high skill sets and are highly rated. We missed on Hoff being a high scorer and the rest are Sophs and freshmen (Juniors and sophs, now) and we are still waiting to see if they score consistently. Getting a step up in play from those guys seems reasonable. Then, the impact freshmen make and impact and there you go.

2 minutes ago, Irish said:

true enough, but has recruiting really gone off the rails, or was it a mis-step?  seems like incoming has a good pedigree...  I humbly suggest that player development needs more scrutiny than incoming, although recruiting is bound to suffer if the program slides downhill.  Could it be that B-Rad doesn't connect with the youth like he used to?  Not that I have any weight in the issue but a younger coach may be the right shot in the arm, high hopes with Smaby...

5 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

true enough, but has recruiting really gone off the rails, or was it a mis-step?  seems like incoming has a good pedigree...  I humbly suggest that player development needs more scrutiny than incoming, although recruiting is bound to suffer if the program slides downhill.  Could it be that B-Rad doesn't connect with the youth like he used to?  Not that I have any weight in the issue but a younger coach may be the right shot in the arm, high hopes with Smaby...

Jackson is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.   

29 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Next year’s freshman class is the first class where every player committed after the national championship. I think we’ll have a better idea of where recruiting is at after next season. 

And if anyone is worried about recruiting strictly based on the opinions here, Ouch. However there are a couple recruits in the pipeline that concern me. But personally, I’d be more worried about why some of these players aren’t developing when they get here. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

Next year’s freshman class is the first class where every player committed after the national championship. I think we’ll have a better idea of where recruiting is at after next season. 

And if anyone is worried about recruiting strictly based on the opinions here, Ouch. However there are a couple recruits in the pipeline that concern me. But personally, I’d be more worried about why some of these players aren’t developing when they get here

my thoughts exactly

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

So Far Berry:

Looks like one could argue Eaves first four years were more successful than Berrys first four years.

• Upvote 1