Melvin

Will Brad Berry Be Fired?   

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bill Chaves fire head coach Brad Berry

• Yes - Immediately After the season
    • No - Give Him one More year
    • Hire Hakstol and then fire him, too.

19 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I mean, that is nothing more than your opinion. Full stop.

Considering this was year 1 of a 5 year extension worth over $2.1 million, any early change is going to require some deep pockets.

That's what this forum is all about, isn't it?

Or maybe it's where you get to tell everybody else the way it is and will be?

I mean.......please stop the "Father Knows Best" routine. Full Stop.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, tnt said:

I just don't think they would pull the trigger after next year.  I think he has two years to right the ship.  

It feels like "righting the ship" only applies to taking over a team in a bad spot and then getting them back on track.

Shouldn't the leash be shorter, when you're the captain who has steered the luxury cruise ship way off course?

1 minute ago, franchise said:

It feels like "righting the ship" only applies to taking over a team in a bad spot and then getting them back on track.

Shouldn't the leash be shorter, when you're the captain who has steered the luxury cruise ship way off course?

Wisconsin was way off course when Eaves. We're not that far off, IMO.

I truly think the next two seasons are going to "reverse course" to continue with ship analogy :)

9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Can you imagine if a newer head coach missed the NCAA tournament three years in a row at Duke North Carolina or Kentucky?  Oof

Actually it's a trick question they would have been gone after two.

Kentucky did that after missing the NCAA's once.

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I truly think the next two seasons are going to "reverse course" to continue with ship analogy :)

Wisconsin is still feeling the effects of Eaves, and Berry is UND's version of Eaves.

Michigan State just made terrible coaching hires that has put them where they are at.  

7 minutes ago, franchise said:

Just waiting for the norovirus to kick in.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Wisconsin is still feeling the effects of Eaves, and Berry is UND's version of Eaves.

Michigan State just made terrible coaching hires that has put them where they are at.  

I'm sorry, but I just don't think the two equate. Eaves last two seasons with Wisconsin: 4-26-5; 8-19-8.... I mean, we weren't good, but that doesn't feel like a proper comparison. I don't believe UND is that far off. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Taz Boy said:

Decades ago, a little taz enjoyed Booberry cereal growing up.  Made the milk all blue and tasted like sugar-soaked crunchy marshmallows, sugar injected blueberry's, and vanilla cookies coated with sugar.   The previous two sentences contain about as much hockey coaching knowledge as the previous 260 posts.

Berry stays and wins another title.  He is a premier college hockey coach and a fantastic human being.  The team this year was exciting to watch, worked extremely hard, and played the best teams in the nation extremely tough.  Remove the weekend at Canisius, and y'all would be giddy with NCAA tourney excitement.

Many of you need to stick to Fortnite or your robotics club.

taz

We'd be really nervous at 14 in the pairwise.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I sure hope you're right, because if you're not...and this team misses 4 yrs in a row, it's really going to get ugly.

19 minutes ago, Taz Boy said:

Many of you need to stick to Fortnite or your robotics club.

taz

Funny you bring that up, because watching this year's hockey team was about as exciting as watching a robotics competition......or watching someone else play a video game.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't think the two equate. Eaves last two seasons with Wisconsin: 4-26-5; 8-19-8.... I mean, we weren't good, but that doesn't feel like a proper comparison. I don't believe UND is that far off. 

They absolutely equate.  If Berry misses for a 3rd year he needs to be done.  Wisconsin showed what happens when you ride a coach too long and you hit bottom.  I don't think Eaves was a bad coach and I don't think Berry is a bad coach, but there comes a point where your record doesn't lie. 

17 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

They absolutely equate.  If Berry misses for a 3rd year he needs to be done.  Wisconsin showed what happens when you ride a coach too long and you hit bottom.  I don't think Eaves was a bad coach and I don't think Berry is a bad coach, but there comes a point where your record doesn't lie. 

if you're looking at the two records of those seasons, I'm not sure how you can think those equate.

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

He doesn't want us to deteriorate to that point; I think that is the issue.

My point is that I don't think the Eaves comparison helps prove that it's time to get rid of Bubbs. I don't think this team is off the rails. Eaves' program was off the rails.