SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

13 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

This team is top ten.  Better than the 2015 team the was screwed out of playoffs.  Playoffs and at least one win could be two.  Real love NDSU 2 ND round.  Offense is much better defense much better. Bennett and Turner back. Love it

Your record is 5-4? And you are claiming to be a top ten team? Time to dial it back just a little bit.

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Hopefully the monkey is off his back now and he can make good on his potential. Waited a long time to finally see him get to the second level and he didn’t disappoint.5

6 total running plays and 1 reception 13 yards. McKinney had over 200 plus yards Offensive work with 7 combined touches and a TD. That is not bad coming out or coming back game. 

Last weekend coming up and what a weird year, I've never seen anything like it. What I mean is we've seen the offense / defense / special teams be spectacular at separate points in the season, but also borderline unwatchable at other points. It's not only the consistency of the units, but they've never really played close to a complete game, where they are clicking in all three facets at the same time. I still believe that if they do, they can beat almost anyone in the country. Really hope they can find their way into the playoff field. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I have to believe the use of any computer ranking system will be beneficial for UND's chances this year.

This guy is also a big fan of quality losses.

Well, UND has a top 20 SOS, will have 7 FCS wins if the win on Saturday, and has two pretty good "quality loses" @NDSU and @Weber.  I think we are right in his wheel house!!

STATS: Last year, three teams earned at-large bids with only six Division I wins. Does the committee still prefer seven, and is that even more so in a 12-game regular season?

Greg Seitz: Obviously, FCS wins are important. When we look at those FCS wins, I think it will definitely be very tough this year for a six-win team to get in because so many schools had the opportunity to play the 12th game.

Interesting.
Sure won't make folks in Cheney, WA, very happy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

I have to believe the use of any computer ranking system will be beneficial for UND's chances this year.

This guy is also a big fan of quality losses.

Have you checked the FCS SRS rankings?

UND is #38

It’s a long climb to the top 20 against #106, even if you step on their throat.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system

7 minutes ago, zonadub said:

Have you checked the FCS SRS rankings?

UND is #38

It’s a long climb to the top 20 against #106, even if you step on their throat.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system

That is 2018 SRS rankings.  You had me worried for a minute and then saw that E Wash was #4 and figured there was a problem.

FCS Coaches PollSTATS FCS Top 25Simple Ratings System
Through Games NOV. 18, 2018